Identify Boxxers, what Year and Model

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Identify Boxxers, what Year and Model
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2011 at 15:54 Quote
Hi,

Just purchased a 2nd hand Iron Horse Yakuza Ojiki which has White Boxxers and were wondering what Year and model they are. The only Info I can find on the net is about current / more recent models.

I know they are 32mm stanchions.
White Legs with Dark grey background around Light Grey BOXXER letters.
20mm Axle with 2 pinch bolts either side

Any way to tell?

I'm going to need new seals, as oil is leaking onto one stanchion (has minor scratch). So would like to know year for spares really
Also can anyone recomend correct size boots / Gaiters?

Thanks in advance
Pics to follow

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 at 15:58 Quote
all 32mm boxxers use the same seals. And you dont really need fork boots.

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 3:13 Quote
good to know about the seals.
still wondering what year they are for interest, could make my new bike a bargin or not at all.

After boots mainly for protection during transport (when with our bikes in boots / vans) and for any crashes. As I wouldn't want the stanchions to be more scratched causing more seal issues. Wouldn't want to keep replacing £40 seals kits due to avoidable scratches.

Good deal?
http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/TF-Tuned-Service-Kits/TF-Tuned-Refresh-Service-Kits/32mm-RockShox-Refresh-Service-Kit-REF32RS

Sorry for noob questions, new to fork servicing.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_2s61SCWNErA/TT1p3nJV1II/AAAAAAAABpY/exbZjyMaQAE/s800/2006-IronHorse-Yakuza-Ojiki.jpg

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 16:04 Quote
i might buy a 1997 boxxer and its in perfect condition. should i buy?

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 16:22 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 16:51 Quote
Nobble wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
why not im literally buying it with my have nice food on the weekend money and it sorks great i tried it at my friends house the other day

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 17:00 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
why not im literally buying it with my have nice food on the weekend money and it sorks great i tried it at my friends house the other day
it's a 1997 I used to have a 2004 and that was pushing it for sketchyness. That fork is probably older than you are, so dont do it.

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 17:08 Quote
Nobble wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
it's a 1997 I used to have a 2004 and that was pushing it for sketchyness. That fork is probably older than you are, so dont do it.
it is but for that little of money when i know it will work for the time i need it i might just buy it

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 17:11 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
it is but for that little of money when i know it will work for the time i need it i might just buy it
Facepalm I have nothing else to say

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 17:13 Quote
Nobble wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
its like free and even if it breaks i still have my old fork this is something temporary untill i have a job and can afford some thing that nicer (i can now but im getting a transition trail or park)

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 17:15 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
its like free and even if it breaks i still have my old fork this is something temporary untill i have a job and can afford some thing that nicer (i can now but im getting a transition trail or park)
what will it be next week, a Legend MKII? Rolleyes

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 17:16 Quote
Nobble wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
what will it be next week, a Legend MKII? Rolleyes
haha icwatchudidthere but no this time im really sticking with it

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010469
Mobile Version of Website