The Marzocchi Roco Coil WC/TST-R Coil Service/Rebuild Guide

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
The Marzocchi Roco Coil WC/TST-R Coil Service/Rebuild Guide
O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2013 at 22:02 Quote
samuellopez wrote:
The rebound adjustment lever on my marzocchi roco came of ! How do I put it on!!

It is attached by a small allen bolt. I guess you lost it when it came off?

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 18:51 Quote
Hey can anyone help me out? Im rebuilding a tst-r for my cousins bottlerocket but I can't get the rebound needle out of the shock shaft. I followed instructions but the whole thing spins. I cannot get the shaft to sit stationary in the wood blocks because the whole thing it spins after I've heated a bit and tried to break it lose. I'm afraid to damage the shock shaft if i clamp too hard. Anyone have any tips? Also where to source a rebuild kit as opposed to measuring and buyng a bunch of different o-rings? Thank you

Posted: Mar 18, 2013 at 23:43 Quote
madmax650 wrote:
Hey can anyone help me out? Im rebuilding a tst-r for my cousins bottlerocket but I can't get the rebound needle out of the shock shaft. I followed instructions but the whole thing spins. I cannot get the shaft to sit stationary in the wood blocks because the whole thing it spins after I've heated a bit and tried to break it lose. I'm afraid to damage the shock shaft if i clamp too hard. Anyone have any tips? Also where to source a rebuild kit as opposed to measuring and buyng a bunch of different o-rings? Thank you

bumps....anyone?

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2013 at 13:48 Quote
madmax650 wrote:
madmax650 wrote:

bumps....anyone?

I tried this with a wrecked shaft assembly I had sitting around. Couldn't get it off even gripping the shaft directly with vice grips, just gouged through the aluminium.
They must use some pretty serious loctite. How much are you heating yours up? I don't have a mini-blowtorch so I probably didn't get mine hot enough.

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 13:23 Quote
I opened my roco coil by accident the other day it was the piggyback where the oil is kept, my question is can i just close it and use it or do I now have to bleed it ?

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 14:35 Quote
SamSpecialized12 wrote:
I opened my roco coil by accident the other day it was the piggyback where the oil is kept, my question is can i just close it and use it or do I now have to bleed it ?

Refill the oil and reset the IFP. It's really easy if you have the stuff you need (5wt suspension oil, vice/clamp, adjustable spanner, tape measure/ruler)and is well detailed in the guide.

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 14:47 Quote
cerebroside wrote:
SamSpecialized12 wrote:

Refill the oil and reset the IFP. It's really easy if you have the stuff you need (5wt suspension oil, vice/clamp, adjustable spanner, tape measure/ruler)and is well detailed in the guide.

Thanks very much !
bigquotes
tup

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 4:37 Quote
samuellopez wrote:
The rebound adjustment lever on my marzocchi roco came of ! How do I put it on!!

Same happened to me, now that i have rescrewed the screw back in its stuck. it doesnt turn to adjust anything. only screws ina nd unscrews.

Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 10:23 Quote
Hello peps

Im off to the alps in 10 day and im trying to help get my friends bike ready. Im in need of some bushings for his Marzocchi Coil R Shock 2011.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers
nic

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 7:12 Quote
I think link is brokken I will be appreciated if somebody could send me that file via mail? to ''cihan_01@hotmail.com''
,Thanks

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 15:31 Quote
I will send you the PDF I have via my Gmail

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 11:03 Quote
Hi guys,any advice on servicing the roco r ,no piggyback?piston depth?oil wt?
Can't find anything for this shock on the net .. :-\
I tried 7.5 wt oil and an almost random IFP depth but the shock feels way too plush ( especially first 1-2cm) and clanks loud if Ii let the rear end of the bike fall from hands,sounds like very fast compressing and spreading back violently ...
Pls help!

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 17:17 Quote
You have air in the shock. Do it again and let it sit over night on a vise so all the bubbles can get out, or do it all completely submerged in an oil bath

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 18:15 Quote
Will try again then.thanks :-)
I just found some info on the compensator depth ,so there's another question.
My shock is the one with 63mm stroke and needs 78.1 mm of comp depth
The 70mm version needs 75 mm of depth.
Shocks appear identical , and both 222 eye to eye .
So if I use 75mm of depth I will get 70 mm stroke too,right?
Any idea on stock oil wt?
Its a pitty there's too little about this shock on the net,it appears very tuneable considering its price...

Also in case someone needs those,they are right bellow the video !
http://marzocchiworkshop.blogspot.gr/2013/02/service-guide-roco-rc-coil-shock.html

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 20:16 Quote
Go with 7.5...that's generally what Marzocchi forks use. ..anyone else can verify? Good luck 3rd try's a charm Wink ...for me it was

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010366
Mobile Version of Website