** BuySell Safety and Tips (Copyright ©)

PB Forum :: Beginners
** BuySell Safety and Tips (Copyright ©)
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 19:34 Quote
mybaben wrote:
claytonct wrote:
I'm trying to buy a bike but I asked for more pictures and the seller said that he couldn't send pictures over the pinkbike messaging and he said he also couldn't put new pictures in the post for the bike and he wants to send them to my email. Should I give him my email for the pictures?

That does sound weird. How many pictures does he have on his ad? I don't see why he can't ad them. I can ad pictures any time i want to my ads.

M
He has 3 pictures. I just wanted to see more pictures of the scratches on the frame. He has sold 7 other items so I don't think he is a scammer but I'm still confused.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
[/Quote] He has 3 pictures. I just wanted to see more pictures of the scratches on the frame. He has sold 7 other items so I don't think he is a scammer but I'm still confused.[/Quote]

I'm not sure what to make of that. Sounds strange. All you do is click on "edit" on your ad, then scroll down to the bottom and click on "add more pictures". I don't know man, not sure what to tell you...

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 19:56 Quote
mybaben wrote:
He has 3 pictures. I just wanted to see more pictures of the scratches on the frame. He has sold 7 other items so I don't think he is a scammer but I'm still confused.[/Quote]

I'm not sure what to make of that. Sounds strange. All you do is click on "edit" on your ad, then scroll down to the bottom and click on "add more pictures". I don't know man, not sure what to tell you...[/Quote] the seller is CB213 and this is his listing "2017 Scott Scale 730 Plus M Frame with Upgrades". can you check it out and get back to me.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 20:19 Quote
claytonct wrote:
mybaben wrote:
He has 3 pictures. I just wanted to see more pictures of the scratches on the frame. He has sold 7 other items so I don't think he is a scammer but I'm still confused.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Sounds strange. All you do is click on "edit" on your ad, then scroll down to the bottom and click on "add more pictures". I don't know man, not sure what to tell you...[/Quote] the seller is CB213 and this is his listing "2017 Scott Scale 730 Plus M Frame with Upgrades". can you check it out and get back to me.[/Quote]

I looked at the ad. It seems basically okay. Not a great write up, but no big red flags. I emailed him a question about the bike. We'll see how it goes when he answers me...

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 20:23 Quote
mybaben wrote:
claytonct wrote:
mybaben wrote:

I'm not sure what to make of that. Sounds strange. All you do is click on "edit" on your ad, then scroll down to the bottom and click on "add more pictures". I don't know man, not sure what to tell you...
the seller is CB213 and this is his listing "2017 Scott Scale 730 Plus M Frame with Upgrades". can you check it out and get back to me.[/Quote]

I looked at the ad. It seems basically okay. Not a great write up, but no big red flags. I emailed him a question about the bike. We'll see how it goes when he answers me...[/Quote]

great thank you.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 3:25 Quote
claytonct wrote:

Pictures aren't stolen and he states 'local pickup only,' so I doubt he's a scammer if he's asking for local pickup.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
claytonct wrote:

Pictures aren't stolen and he states 'local pickup only,' so I doubt he's a scammer if he's asking for local pickup.

That makes sense!

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
mybaben wrote:
kinny-pb wrote:
claytonct wrote:

That makes sense!

ya it does thanks

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
Ive been messaging sellers about their bikes for the past three weeks and no one has responded at all. What am I doing wrong?

Mod
Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
6prices wrote:
Ive been messaging sellers about their bikes for the past three weeks and no one has responded at all. What am I doing wrong?

It would be a good idea to add a profile picture and other information to your profile. As is, with a blank profile seller confidence is low. 75% of accounts we have banned in the past were blank profiles with recent creation dates.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
6prices wrote:

It would be a good idea to add a profile picture and other information to your profile. As is, with a blank profile seller confidence is low. 75% of accounts we have banned in the past were blank profiles with recent creation dates.

This. I'd suggest filling in your profile information and adding a profile picture.

People are wary of scammers on here due to them being common, so they're afraid of dealing with people with blank profiles.

Even if it's local pick up, people may be wary of giving you their address to see a bike in person as they may think you're a bike thief due to the blank profile,

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
new here - I noticed all the payment info revolves around paypal. Is there a reason no to use Venmo?

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
yeagsandbacon wrote:
new here - I noticed all the payment info revolves around paypal. Is there a reason no to use Venmo?

I've never heard of Venmo before so that's why I didn't put it in the guide.

It seems you can pay with buyer protection using it (after a quick Google). I'd still suggest Paypal, but if you want to take the risk with Venmo then by all means use it for a transaction.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
yeagsandbacon wrote:

I'm not really sure if Venmo is international. PB is an international MTB site... Anyway not sure about buyer/seller protection on Venmo, but you could technically use it in the US for sure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011974
Mobile Version of Website