** BuySell Safety and Tips (Copyright ©)

PB Forum :: Beginners
** BuySell Safety and Tips (Copyright ©)
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
mybaben wrote:
yeagsandbacon wrote:
new here - I noticed all the payment info revolves around paypal. Is there a reason no to use Venmo?

I'm not really sure if Venmo is international. PB is an international MTB site... Anyway not sure about buyer/seller protection on Venmo, but you could technically use it in the US for sure.

Venmo is owned by PayPal, as such not sure how different their policies can really be. But also not sure how international it is. I’ve used it and had no issues

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
Hi guys... I apologise that i was using text messages to contact sellers or selling bikes... Cos Im deaf... I didnt realise there was a problem... By the way I dont scam anyone and have bought or sold bikes by phyically seen the buyer or seller and use cash instead... Cheers Chris Lewin

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
Hi there,
This is my first time here, one of my friends advised me to look for bike on pink bike.com
Which is I really liked it thanks for who made this website to help us find our bike needs.
Now after I have been looking for bike and finally I found what I need, I have contacted the Saller and we agreed to make the deal of Purchasing the bike, now I live in Texas and he live in Denver Colorado, he asked me to send the money on PayPal he sent me his account and I started to think what if he didn't ship the bike to me. And what about if I received the bike and have issues with the bike can I return it?
But really my main concern is if I send the money on PayPal how I can Guarantee The will be delivered for me?.
The Saller username is ridelaps.
Please advice me of what to do.

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
Adamlee3000 wrote:
Hi there,
This is my first time here, one of my friends advised me to look for bike on pink bike.com
Which is I really liked it thanks for who made this website to help us find our bike needs.
Now after I have been looking for bike and finally I found what I need, I have contacted the Saller and we agreed to make the deal of Purchasing the bike, now I live in Texas and he live in Denver Colorado, he asked me to send the money on PayPal he sent me his account and I started to think what if he didn't ship the bike to me. And what about if I received the bike and have issues with the bike can I return it?
But really my main concern is if I send the money on PayPal how I can Guarantee The will be delivered for me?.
The Saller username is ridelaps.
Please advice me of what to do.

If you pay with Paypal 'Goods and Service' option then you will be covered from being scammed. If you didn't receive the bike or it ended up with issues you can raise a dispute on Paypal and get a refund, but this is within 45 days of the payment.

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 6:43 Quote
Great post. I'm working with a guy now and we are considering trading full bikes long distance. I'm in Canada, he's in the US. You have a recommendation that says

"If trading big items like bikes, or things that can be carried by parcel couriers, you and the person arrange pick ups from each other, instead of arranging your own parcel to be delivered to the other person. This way, you can guarantee that you'll both get your items."

How do I arrange pick up of his bike instead of arranging to deliver my bike to him? Sorry, I'm confused by the statement and looking for clarity.

Kostis

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
ifreedom wrote:
Great post. I'm working with a guy now and we are considering trading full bikes long distance. I'm in Canada, he's in the US. You have a recommendation that says

"If trading big items like bikes, or things that can be carried by parcel couriers, you and the person arrange pick ups from each other, instead of arranging your own parcel to be delivered to the other person. This way, you can guarantee that you'll both get your items."

How do I arrange pick up of his bike instead of arranging to deliver my bike to him? Sorry, I'm confused by the statement and looking for clarity.

Kostis

I have a foggy memory, but I believe if you go onto a courier website, you can possibly arrange a parcel pick up from one another by filling in address details etc. I could be wrong. If not, I'd phone/email a courier and enquire with them that way.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005053
Mobile Version of Website