** BuySell Safety and Tips (Copyright ©)

PB Forum :: Beginners
** BuySell Safety and Tips (Copyright ©)
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
Darrenr18 wrote:
is there a way to delete stuff from your watch list without having to delete them individually? I never cleaned it up now I have 500 items and most have been sold for a long time. thanks in advance.

I'm unsure with that. I would post here and ask - https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=157603

Posted: Dec 19, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
Wayne5 wrote:
Is it normal for Paypal to hold payment to the Seller until confirmation of receipt by the buyer?

Yes they can put a hold on making funds available to the seller. Depending on your profile this can be changed where the money is available instantly. If however there is an issue and they find in favour of the buyer (often the case), then the money will be debited out of your PayPal account or the funding source.

PayPal give you some protection but for sellers it is becoming increasingly tenuous. I sold a shock on eBay, paid with PayPal, tracked and signed for then 3 months later the buyer disputes the transaction with his credit card provider claiming his eBay account was hacked.

I get a notification about the transaction being disputed and when it is finally resolved the message from PayPal
"The credit card provider has found in favour of the card holder however as you are a loyal PayPal customer we will not pass the chargeback to you"

Just what the hell have I got to do with this. There was full tracking to the delivery. Either it was fraud or the account was hacked. Either way that is for the Credit Card provider to pick up.

Posted: Jan 7, 2021 at 6:17 Quote
I suggest meeting outside your local bike shop when selling! As a buyer, I would be happy with doing that.

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
Advice please; I've purchased a pair of Hope brakes advertised as in good working order; both callipers are seized. The seller has now admitted that they have sat around unused for a while, so it's not a surprise they are in that state.

Hope have quoted me £55 a calliper for a rebuild, I've suggested to the seller that we split the cost as I don't want to return them having fitted them to my ebike and after buying new hose and replacing the parts that were missing (circa £40)...he is now not replying to messages.

Now I can raise a case via PayPal and get my money back, but then I'm out of pocket for the parts I brought and all the time (and massive ball-ache) I've spent fitting them.

Suggestions gratefully recieved...

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
trails1201 wrote:
Advice please; I've purchased a pair of Hope brakes advertised as in good working order; both callipers are seized. The seller has now admitted that they have sat around unused for a while, so it's not a surprise they are in that state.

Hope have quoted me £55 a calliper for a rebuild, I've suggested to the seller that we split the cost as I don't want to return them having fitted them to my ebike and after buying new hose and replacing the parts that were missing (circa £40)...he is now not replying to messages.

Now I can raise a case via PayPal and get my money back, but then I'm out of pocket for the parts I brought and all the time (and massive ball-ache) I've spent fitting them.

I'd contact the BuySell mod - https://www.pinkbike.com/u/isaacschmidt. He may threaten to ban the user if they don't cooperate and see if the seller will accept your offer. Something I would do if I was still a mod.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
trails1201 wrote:

I'd contact the BuySell mod - https://www.pinkbike.com/u/isaacschmidt. He may threaten to ban the user if they don't cooperate and see if the seller will accept your offer. Something I would do if I was still a mod.

Thank you, will do that right now. Appreciate the advice ????

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 23:22 Quote
I'm selling a bike and the buyer gave me their email, address, and paypal.me link. I can't for the life of me figure out where/how I'm supposed to verify that the address he gave me is the "verified address" for their paypal account. Does anyone know how check if their address is verified?
Also, as the seller I just send a request for the money and it's up to the buyer to select "good and services" when they go to pay, right?

Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
I have bought a product at alaplante@lionmark.com but it does not answer, he has sent me a tracking number but the package does not appear for more than 1 month and I do not have a positive response ... I put a claim in paypal since I think that it may be a scam by alaplante.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005343
Mobile Version of Website