New Fork for an Knolly Endorphin ?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
New Fork for an Knolly Endorphin ?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 15:53 Quote
Nice lookers but no name tag as such,bos are ok but gonna be stupid expensive in the states/canada.

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 15:56 Quote
no name YET, Fox and RockShox didnt have a name tag when they started either. X-Fusion are a fairly young company, and I have only heard good things about their newer stuff.

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 16:02 Quote
Nobble wrote:
no name YET, Fox and RockShox didnt have a name tag when they started either. X-Fusion are a fairly young company, and I have only heard good things about their newer stuff.

Rockshox started when mtb was still finding itself and there wasn't really any competition,fox have been doing off road/atv and stuff for ages,x-fusion gotta get past the brand whores and appeal to the people that actually want a good product that works with out all of the hype and bollocks surrounding the other companies.

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 16:56 Quote
marquis wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Rockshox started when mtb was still finding itself and there wasn't really any competition,fox have been doing off road/atv and stuff for ages,x-fusion gotta get past the brand whores and appeal to the people that actually want a good product that works with out all of the hype and bollocks surrounding the other companies.

Well the BOS looks impressive but 800 pounds -- need some lube first -- As for the Vengeance can you explain
why this fork does not have some variant of a QR20. That's a deal breaker for me.

Also both the forks i am interested in are coil sprung.....this is a must.... as is QR20.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 17:00 Quote
With qr20 there are only so many variants before you start stepping on peoples toes and patents,for me i would prefer bolt up as it's stiffer and to be honest you have the allen keys any way,but if your removing the front wheel for shuttling a lot i can see your need.

Some dude just recently bought a 55 rc3ti and upto now he is very happy and if i can find him i will ask him to join here.

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 17:01 Quote
BigAirGar3 wrote:
marquis wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Well the BOS looks impressive but 800 pounds -- need some lube first -- As for the Vengeance can you explain
why this fork does not have some variant of a QR20. That's a deal breaker for me.

Also both the forks i am interested in are coil sprung.....this is a must.... as is QR20.

the vengeance dosent have a qr axle because it dosent really need one, it's intended to be ridden hard, and a regular through-axle is simpler and more reliable.

but is 3 bolts really that big of a deal? it might take an extra two minutes to remove and install the wheel.

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 2:44 Quote
marquis wrote:
Nice lookers but no name tag as such,bos are ok but gonna be stupid expensive in the states/canada.
hadnt thought of that lol, well they are 800 euros which is around £680 if you get them here which isnt bad at all, but i suppose that import and shipping will push that up to like $1.5k or something silly

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 7:56 Quote

[/Quote]the vengeance dosent have a qr axle because it dosent really need one, it's intended to be ridden hard, and a regular through-axle is simpler and more reliable.

but is 3 bolts really that big of a deal? it might take an extra two minutes to remove and install the wheel.[/Quote]

Well i have an 07 Talas now and find pinch bolts a nuisance. As for simpler more reliable....reeally.....then a Mxle Lite....i'll have to disagree with ya there. Even the Fox QR20 is not ideal. I ride in a large group and get to see real world day to day shit that happens on products. I sometimes see the levers on the Fox pinch bolts come loose and rattle around in the down position. I often here guys bitchin about how small the axle removal lever is, makes it hard to engage the threads with big gloves and mud.

See when i'm done ridding i like to store my bike in the back of my vehicle for security. When its raining and really muddy or cold loosening those 4 bolts and pulling the axle seems like it takes 4ever and is shite. Plus I loose my spot at the pub too.........lol !

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 8:02 Quote
I prefer marzocchis qr bolt through axle to the maxle used on rock shox.

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 10:48 Quote
marquis wrote:
Barnseyhcxc wrote:
almightybenners wrote:
you miss plushness you say?

get one of these on the go

http://boutique.bosmtb.com/en/produits/p9-deville-160mm

He makes a good point, BOS forks have the best damping you can get, if you can foot the bill!

What happened to fox,it looks better and performs better.

I forgot about BOS, plus he was only asking between Fox and RS at first.

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 14:18 Quote
marquis wrote:
With qr20 there are only so many variants before you start stepping on peoples toes and patents,for me i would prefer bolt up as it's stiffer and to be honest you have the allen keys any way,but if your removing the front wheel for shuttling a lot i can see your need.

Some dude just recently bought a 55 rc3ti and upto now he is very happy and if i can find him i will ask him to join here.

Sorry took me too long to get on here marquis. I'm close to my 3rd month now on the 55 RC3 Ti, and I still can't believe how it performs. I've done XC, AM and a little FR and DH on it, and I never have a single complaint. I'm on a 130mm C'dale fully, so the 140mil Endorphin is pretty close. Rocking a 160mm up front would be sweet. It'll rake it up, better for going down the hill.

I have no experience with any of the 36's, but I've ridden a 140 or 150mm (not quite sure) 32 Talas, and it's nowhere close as to how the 55 handles drops, and going fast over rocky, uneven terrain.

Also just an idea on the 55, I've done some 3-4 drops to almost flat, and I've never bottomed the thing out. The max travel I got out of it so far is around 5.5-ish inches. I love the thing. Salute

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 1:08 Quote
BigAirGar3 wrote:
Need a new fork for my Endorphin! I am currently running a Talas 36 which i find harsh over small stuff and never used the travel adj. I cracked the lowers at the pinch bolts so they need replacement and I miss the plushness of my 66.

I ride mostly AM with the odd epic thrown in.

I am trying to decide between a 2011 Van RC2 and a RS Lyrik RC2DH.

Both seem to be about the same price and i have ridden many Van's before, so I know what they feel like and how it performs. I would appreciate some feeback on the Lyrik if possible.

Cheers Garry

Or discount Fox Float R, dump the dampening rod and get elka stage 4 drop in cartridge for that.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011945
Mobile Version of Website