TLD skyline shorts

PB Forum :: Downhill
TLD skyline shorts
Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 17:19 Quote
Are the skyline shorts good for downhiling? would the moto shorts be a better option?

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 17:25 Quote
would the sprint shorts be better for downhilling? I would really like to know the difference

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 13:22 Quote
I just received my two Skyline shorts. I use them for both running, training and xc. I haven't been able to try riding dh with them yet, but that was the purpose behind ordering them. They are really comfortable! You almost doesn't feel that you're wearing them.
I also have a Sprint shorts, which is also very comfortable, but the fabric is slightly thicker and stiffer. It probably protects more during a crash than the Skyline shorts will.

A minus with the Sprint shorts is that it has no pockets. The Skyline shorts have two fairly deep pockets in front and a small pocket for keys or money behind.

In conclusion, I think the Skyline shorts is a more comfortable, better looking shorts that are directed towards freeride. The Sprint shorts is a bit more of a dh racing shorts with no pockets and more protection.

I hope you got the answer you wanted.

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 15:15 Quote
yeah thanks alot!

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 16:35 Quote
Do the skylines have a chamois?

Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 11:37 Quote
dmacrostie wrote:

No.

Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 11:39 Quote
NoxBox wrote:
dmacrostie wrote:

No.

Cool, thanks!

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 at 12:21 Quote
Do you guys wear some padded Lycra style bike shorts underneath these or no? I'm wondering if I should get some good XC shorts with some padding but none of the reviews on Fox's stuff is any good.

Any suggestions?

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 at 14:36 Quote
if you're a downhiller theres no point but if you do long distance saddle rides then they're not a bad idea. i have no suggestions for brands though

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 at 19:35 Quote
SHawthy33 wrote:
Do you guys wear some padded Lycra style bike shorts underneath these or no? I'm wondering if I should get some good XC shorts with some padding but none of the reviews on Fox's stuff is any good.

Any suggestions?

My plan was to get the Skylines and wear padded shorts under them for XC rides. I've owned Fox and Oakley shorts that came with padded liners built in and both pairs got trashed pretty quick. I have also owned other TLD shorts and they are all super quality so I thought I'd give the Skylines a try too.

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 at 19:58 Quote
My 2011 Sprints have a pocket.

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 11:39 Quote
99% of the time I'll be doing single-track, XC rides with a variety of North East Terrain, so a fair amount of saddle time. I may have to pick a pair of these up.

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 16:47 Quote
I was looking at skylines in the store and liked them. However, does anybody know if they will tear easily once crashed. The description says 2 way stretch material and it's made of a polyester/cotton blend.

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 16:54 Quote
Seems as though it would as that is not a durable combo like the Sprints are.

Posted: Apr 28, 2011 at 6:27 Quote
You keep posting up about the Sprints, they are geared more towards DH stuff, are they too heavy to pedal?

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009709
Mobile Version of Website