Totem click after service

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Totem click after service
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 5, 2011 at 19:00 Quote
hey guys

yes i know....yet another totem thread....Rolleyes

so i service my fork tonight, did it perfect. it feels awesome! however, it now has a click when it hits the top of the stroke... after compersion, top of the rebound. not sure whats causing it. fork is a 2008 totem solo air. first service, its effectively new.

thanks guys

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 11:17 Quote
too much low speed compression

try backing the LS off

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 16:07 Quote
no dice, tired low speed, high speed, and rebound.... even checked flood gate.... Very confused

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 16:39 Quote
I have a 2010 totem solo air, mission control damper. I just changed all the oil in it, and I noticed it does have a very small click noise at the top of the travel when the fork returns. Could be the damper shaft just reaching the end of the stroke where it stops extending, and that's what your hearing. So this clicking was possibly there before, but went unnoticed since the fork worked fine. Usually when we work on something, once we put it all back together and we hear the slightest noise we think uh oh, I did it wrong. I think if its smooth through the travel, rebound and damping all work, and no oil is leaking out anywhere you should be fine.

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 17:49 Quote
i dunno, i think somthing is up... its a rather pronouced click... not just a slight one. makes it sound like a cheap walmart bike....

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 18:02 Quote
can you make a quick video of it and post it?

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 18:06 Quote
ill see what i can do lol

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 18:39 Quote
best i can do. but it seems to capture it decently.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/180820/

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 18:44 Quote
Yeah, something is wrong there... I would pull it apart and see if something is out of place. You most likely put something in the wrong way. Was the fork working fine before you serviced it? Maybe one of the internal snap rings at the bottom isn't fully engaged in the slot. Also try slowing your rebound down all the way and see if it still clicks.

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 18:49 Quote
What weight oil did you use in the damper?

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 18:59 Quote
I'd slow the rebound down, see if it still clicks. If it does, I'd pull it apart again.

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 19:02 Quote
tried all my adjustments... if i take it slow as possible it doesnt but rebound super slow and not really ridable...

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 19:06 Quote
could be just your fork topping out when it clicking (rebound too fast). See if you can find a spot where it is fast enough to ride, but doesn't top out.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010914
Mobile Version of Website