CHANGES made to Buysell

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
CHANGES made to Buysell
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 7:20 Quote
buysell works fine for me. but i do have a couple of sudgestions.

could you make it so people can select what countries they are willing to ship to, especially for the US/Canada buy sell. something like 4 boxes:
Shipping:
*Local
*US
*Canadian
*worldwide
The seller could choose 1-4 options and it would just show up under the ad, example:
-TOE CLIPS
$2,500 + shipping

Seller will ship to:
Local
Canada
US
i feel this could help eliminate the classic "hey will you ship to 'blank'" messages, every time one of these is send it uses bandwidth (correct me if I'm wrong) so it could help save on bandwidth used even if it is just a little. Also help standardized the buy sell a little more.

maybe then allow for people to break down searching the buy/sell by the same shipping options.

just some suggestions on how to make the buy sell maybe a bit more efficient

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 7:24 Quote
yeah thats a great idea. Every message i get from the buy/sell is always "will you ship to ______?".

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 7:49 Quote
Ritual-06 wrote:
Ive posted something and now it wont let me edit it, it comes up with (GIF Image, 32times32 pixels) except the "times" is a times sign i just cant find it on my keyboard.
A "Times sign" is just a capitol ex: "X", just like a "Minus" sign is a dash: "-"... afterall, there's no sense puting extra buttons for the same things...

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 14:51 Quote
karl-burkat wrote:
Truvativ21 wrote:
it sucks, was better before when you could narrow down the city you're in.

look left side.

Since I signed up for PB I've had a classic case of tunnel vision on the "Search" module. Now that I've managed to locate what was in plain sight, the buy/sell sort by location is very helpful.

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 18:24 Quote
The 3rd time in 4 days my buy and sell adds have all disapeared off my profile, No one shares this account, I have NEVER scammed anyone, I dont sell damaged stuff, I dont take photo's off sites or people, Why is this happening please ?

Mod
Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 18:33 Quote
Put in your real asking price and not "$1." It also says in the warning. "This is an AUTOMATED message. Your ad was deleted by the automated system. Your ad {Eclat Cyan blue seat (Darker in real life)}, for $ 1 in {BMX Seat/Post/Clamps} was deleted because of ONE of the following reasons..... 1. You do not have a real asking price. NOT ALLOWED to post general, how much is it, swap, or make me an offer ads! 2. You have posted your ad in the incorrect category or multiple categories. 3. You have multiple ads for the same item 4. You do not have enough information in your ad 5. Your ad is in all caps. 6. You are selling items that are copyrighted. 7. WANTED ads go in the WANTED section only. Wanted ads must be for specific model/item Please fill in accurate information in your ad in order to help buyers. These rules were made by the users in order to make the buysell most effective for everyone."

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 18:41 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Put in your real asking price and not "$1." It also says in the warning. "This is an AUTOMATED message. Your ad was deleted by the automated system. Your ad {Eclat Cyan blue seat (Darker in real life)}, for $ 1 in {BMX Seat/Post/Clamps} was deleted because of ONE of the following reasons..... 1. You do not have a real asking price. NOT ALLOWED to post general, how much is it, swap, or make me an offer ads! 2. You have posted your ad in the incorrect category or multiple categories. 3. You have multiple ads for the same item 4. You do not have enough information in your ad 5. Your ad is in all caps. 6. You are selling items that are copyrighted. 7. WANTED ads go in the WANTED section only. Wanted ads must be for specific model/item Please fill in accurate information in your ad in order to help buyers. These rules were made by the users in order to make the buysell most effective for everyone."
Never got the warning mate, Is that all the things i have done wrong or are you pointing out they are the rules.
Thank you.

Mod
Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 18:44 Quote
No, it's an automated message that when a mod deletes an ad, a user automatically gets that warning posted above. The ad may have been deleted for one or more of those reasons.

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 18:48 Quote
Awrhhh Thank you for helping me, Just thort i was classed as a scammer or something, Where could i find the rules on this site ? Smile

Mod
Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 18:54 Quote
There are some basic guidelines that are explained when you create an ad.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 9:35 Quote
before when I used the buy/sell it went straight to Europe, now i have to keep selecting Europe when i use that section as it automaticly goes to US/Canada, any reasons why? Thanks

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 15:56 Quote
simzz wrote:
before when I used the buy/sell it went straight to Europe, now i have to keep selecting Europe when i use that section as it automaticly goes to US/Canada, any reasons why? Thanks
+1

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 16:57 Quote
mongoose-rider wrote:
simzz wrote:
+1

We're on it. Thanks for the find!

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 17:16 Quote
test as in me test it? if thats the case its the same!

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 17:21 Quote
mongoose-rider wrote:
test as in me test it? if thats the case its the same!

oops sorry.. no, i was just testing it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022252
Mobile Version of Website