Pink Banter - Dead Thread, R.I.P.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Pink Banter - Dead Thread, R.I.P.
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
For the price of a low end mac with intended use being farmville you can get a pretty damn powerful non mac.

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:13 Quote
To get an accurate comparison between PC and Mac you have to compare the cheapest Mac (lets say the cheapest macbook for about $1000) to a comparably priced PC (It will be a mid/top of the line PC).

The PC will be the better computer EVERY TIME

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:15 Quote
Nobble wrote:
To get an accurate comparison between PC and Mac you have to compare the cheapest Mac (lets say the cheapest macbook for about $1000) to a comparably priced PC (It will be a mid/top of the line PC).

The PC will be the better computer EVERY TIME

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:18 Quote
You pay for the quality, apple components are some of the best, undeniably powerful and fast, they aren't for normal day use like a windows pc, they are for video editing, and movie making, they are also very easy to use, less likely to get viruses, and last longer than most pc's.

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:19 Quote
devulge96 wrote:
You pay for the quality, apple components are some of the best, undeniably powerful and fast, they aren't for normal day use like a windows pc, they are for video editing, and movie making, they are also very easy to use, less likely to get viruses, and last longer than most pc's.
read the thing armando posted

And no they arent, they are if you compare the cheapest macbook to a $350 laptop. but not if you actually compare prices.

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:20 Quote
Norcorider65 wrote:
Mac>PC.

I thought you didn't like macs?

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:21 Quote
But what you all forget is the software is engineered around the components and runs faster, on paper it may be slower, in reality having that much power put into a mac compered to equal power in a pc the mac will be more powerful, and efficient, as well as being cleaner

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:21 Quote
If mac is so awesome and powerful why do dream works use linux clusters for their editing?

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:22 Quote
Nobble wrote:
devulge96 wrote:

And no they arent, they are if you compare the cheapest macbook to a $350 laptop. but not if you actually compare prices.

My laptop that I have temporarily was £400, it's almost broke now, as the webcam has fallen in and buttons have started to break, I'm going to have to buy another one.

2x£400=£800, that is only £200 more than a apple laptop with better spec.

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:23 Quote
amando96 wrote:
If mac is so awesome and powerful why do dream works use linux clusters for their editing?

Why do pixar use macs, along with most illustrators

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:23 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
But what you all forget is the software is engineered around the components and runs faster, on paper it may be slower, in reality having that much power put into a mac compered to equal power in a pc the mac will be more powerful, and efficient, as well as being cleaner
sounds like a steaming pile of Apple BS if you ask me. they use other brands chips and graphics cards.

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 10:24 Quote
devulge96 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
devulge96 wrote:

My laptop that I have temporarily was £400, it's almost broke now, as the webcam has fallen in and buttons have started to break, I'm going to have to buy another one.

2x£400=£800, that is only £200 more than a apple laptop with better spec.
or you could have bought an $800 laptop in the first place and had a laptop that's better than a Mac and will last just as long... Rolleyes

wait, checking it before i get shouted at

James-Carey wrote:
amando96 wrote:

Why do pixar use macs, along with most illustrators

Founded by Steve jobs?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012616
Mobile Version of Website