Diffrence between Fox Vanila R and DHX RC

PB Forum :: Downhill
Diffrence between Fox Vanila R and DHX RC
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 4:15 Quote
I really want the new Specialized Demo 8.1 which comes with the Fox Vanila R, but I don't really know how good this shock is..
Can anyone tell me? Does it work as good as the DHX RC4?

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 4:17 Quote
tomer4eva wrote:
I really want the new Specialized Demo 8.1 which comes with the Fox Vanila R, but I don't really know how good this shock is..

Fox van r just has rebound,the rc4 comes with high and low speed compression as well as rebound and allows you set up how the suspension will cope with bumps.

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 4:21 Quote
marquis wrote:
tomer4eva wrote:

Fox van r just has rebound,the rc4 comes with high and low speed compression as well as rebound and allows you set up how the suspension will cope with bumps.

What's your opinion about the Van R? Would you use one?

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 4:23 Quote
tomer4eva wrote:
marquis wrote:
tomer4eva wrote:

What's your opinion about the Van R? Would you use one?

I have a dhx 3.0 on my current bike and to be honest i miss having a good shock with good adjustments as it just blows through the travel fairly quick.

Imagine riding a pogo stick that just bounces along uncontrollably,then imagine being able to control how and where the pogo stick goes and it's kinda like that.

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 9:44 Quote
I rode a Vanilla for a couple years, if your new rider, I wouldn't worry about it, that being said, you will notice a difference if you run w/ a DHX.

Good pogo stick example.

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 10:09 Quote
grimlandm wrote:
I rode a Vanilla for a couple years, if your new rider, I wouldn't worry about it, that being said, you will notice a difference if you run w/ a DHX.

Good pogo stick example.

Was less complicated than the brakes explanation.

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 10:27 Quote
So after what you guys have said.. How's the Van RC's functionality? Is it GOOD or BAD..?
Will I enjoy my Demo with it? Won't it disappoint me? That's all I want to know tbh

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 10:37 Quote
tomer4eva wrote:
So after what you guys have said.. How's the Van RC's functionality? Is it GOOD or BAD..?
Will I enjoy my Demo with it? Won't it disappoint me? That's all I want to know tbh

So long as you set up the rebound it will be fine,it will just blow through it's travel quickly on drops and the like.

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 10:42 Quote
In my profile picture, I'm doing a 8 or-so-to-flat, thats vanilla r in the back. Nothing wrong with them.

I do have a full on DH race rig (M6) for, well, racing and the like. Kinda depends on what your level of riding is.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 23:52 Quote
grimlandm wrote:

Good pogo stick example.

So do u mean to say you would take van r over a dhx

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 2:24 Quote
If you are able to try the bike then you will be able to assess if it behaves as you want. If the supplied shock is not as you want then you decide if you buy the bike and immediately upgrade the shock or buy a different bike altogether.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006191
Mobile Version of Website