what is the best bike for dh and what has the best ride out of a giant glory dh, santa cruz vp-free, and a orange 224,or any ot

PB Forum :: Downhill
what is the best bike for dh and what has the best ride out of a giant glory dh, santa cruz vp-free, and a orange 224,or any ot
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:18 Quote
what are the best bikes for dh and what have the best rides in a price range of around £3500

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:21 Quote
trek session 10 £3500. and its an amazing DH bike

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:24 Quote
Santa Cruz V-10, best downhiller on the market,
Then theres the Bullit, a close second

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:32 Quote
ive ridden the VP Free, and it rides like a dream,

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:32 Quote
I love how people on this site ask for people's opinions on bikes when you will be riding it and not them. Who cares what someone says about a bike. What is right for them is not necessarily right for you. The best thing to do is to go to your local bike shop and test ride a bunch until you find the one that is perfect for you! Opinions are like a*sholes, everybody has one!

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:34 Quote
4xer wrote:
I love how people on this site ask for people's opinions on bikes when you will be riding it and not them. Who cares what someone says about a bike. What is right for them is not necessarily right for you. The best thing to do is to go to your local bike shop and test ride a bunch until you find the one that is perfect for you! Opinions are like a*sholes, everybody has one!

yeah, but if you dont have much infomation about a bike, it is good to find out what other people have expierienced with it using the forums

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:37 Quote
treksession77 wrote:
4xer wrote:

yeah, but if you dont have much infomation about a bike, it is good to find out what other people have expierienced with it using the forums

Most people have only ridden one or two of the bikes in question so they can't compare all the bikes to every other one that you are considering. Most useless topic on pinkbike are the ones where people ask about 4 or 5 different bikes. All you will get is a variety of riders that say get this because it is good or no get this cause that sucks. Also, go and look on mtbr.com for reviews of bikes and use the search as a lot of these bikes have been discussed in the forum before.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:39 Quote
But your rarely going to get any better information on it. Everyone is biased to a company. When your getting into bikes in this price range, the quality and performance really isn't a question. They are built to high standards. The only bang for the buck could be the part spec on the various bikes. As someone else said go to your lbs and see if you can ride them.

Edit: 4xer you beat me to it.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:42 Quote
£3500 is a lot of money and i dont want to blow it on a bike that sucks thats why i have asked for peoples opinion because i am undisided bettween these bike, if your got a problem with that then just dont post on this forum. thank you to the others who have helped me

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:49 Quote
georgethebiker wrote:
£3500 is a lot of money and i dont want to blow it on a bike that sucks thats why i have asked for peoples opinion because i am undisided bettween these bike, if your got a problem with that then just dont post on this forum. thank you to the others who have helped me

That is my exact point. You are spending 3500 Pounds so why don't you make the decision instead of asking people to make it for you. The best thing to do is to test ride all of them and pick the best that suits your needs. My brother loves his M3 and I personally can't stand VPP bikes. The bottom bracket is too low and I always hit the pedals on rocks and he has 165mm Saints. To me they are just useless since they are overly complicated but to him they are simply the best bike money can buy. I however, like the simplicity of my Glory. Cost me nearly two thirds of what he spent and he actually agrees that if he were to get another bike he would get a Glory. Hopefully I would be on something new because no one wants to ride the same bike as their brother!

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:49 Quote
But we are trying to help you. That's alot of cash to blow becasue of someones opinion. They may not have even ridden any of those bikes. The terrain your riding, your riding style all could change what bike is best for you. In that price range you won't get a bad bike no matter what you choose. Just look at the large picture of them, what are they used/designed for, whats the part spec is it designed for what you want. Go to a bunch of shops, ride the bikes see what suits you.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:53 Quote
around here they dont sell the bikes i want i would have to order them in, so thats why im asking you because i will need to get one off the internet.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 9:59 Quote
georgethebiker wrote:
around here they dont sell the bikes i want i would have to order them in, so thats why im asking you because i will need to get one off the internet.

You honestly might as well flush 3500 pounds down the toilet. If you can't test ride a certain bike, I wouldn’t even consider buying it. Nothing like being stuck with an expensive bike that you hate but bought because Joe Blow said it was the best bike ever. If this was to happen and you wanted to sell it to get something else, you will never recover the full cost. Be prepared to take a 500 pound hit at the least. Consider bikes that you can actually try before you buy as you will be much happier in the end. Even if you have to take a little side trip to go to a different shop that has a bike you want in stock, it will be worth the extra time. The more research you do, the happier you will be with your purchase.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 10:04 Quote
thank you, i will definatly look around for more bike shops, because i agree with what you are saying. i want a good down hill bike with not too much travel and not to little.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 11:40 Quote
Iron Horse Sunday For Definite

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009870
Mobile Version of Website