Powered by Outside

Buy and sell rating guide.

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Buy and sell rating guide.
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 at 16:21 Quote
marquis wrote:
chazdog wrote:
am i allowed to be in here, i always do recorded, and i can get the last few people i bought/sold too to verify this i'm sure?

Yes,all legit buy sellers welcome,it benefits you and will hopefully cut down on scammers/bad sellers.

good idea for a thread marquis :d

And i dont delete sold items from my 'buy sell' on my profile either, so buyers and sellers can see the volume of things i've solde on here, and know i'm legit, would advise anyone else who likes to buy/sell a lot to do the same

Posted: Feb 14, 2011 at 16:22 Quote
chazdog wrote:
marquis wrote:
chazdog wrote:
am i allowed to be in here, i always do recorded, and i can get the last few people i bought/sold too to verify this i'm sure?

Yes,all legit buy sellers welcome,it benefits you and will hopefully cut down on scammers/bad sellers.

And i dont delete sold items from my 'buy sell' on my profile either, so buyers and sellers can see the volume of things i've solde on here, and know i'm legit, would advise anyone else who likes to buy/sell a lot to do the same

Older sold items used to work but scammers got smart to this and now post adds and then mark them as sold,to make it look like they have buysell history.

Posted: Feb 14, 2011 at 16:23 Quote
marquis wrote:
chazdog wrote:
marquis wrote:

Older sold items used to work but scammers got smart to this and now post adds and then mark them as sold,to make it look like they have buysell history.

never though of that, cunning Mad

will ask the last few people ive sold too email you. have had a few add me as friends after the sale, just so we can keep in touch, but they werent friends prior to selling Razz

Posted: Feb 14, 2011 at 16:25 Quote
chazdog wrote:
marquis wrote:
chazdog wrote:

will ask the last few people ive sold too email you. have had a few add me as friends after the sale, just so we can keep in touch, but they werent friends prior to selling Razz

There is another way to find scammers too but keeping it secret,scammers seem to know what i'm doing Eek

Posted: Feb 14, 2011 at 16:27 Quote
marquis wrote:
chazdog wrote:
marquis wrote:

There is another way to find scammers too but keeping it secret,scammers seem to know what i'm doing Eek

theyre spying on you in the real world, not throuhg the intranetz, close the curtains!

Posted: Feb 14, 2011 at 16:28 Quote
chazdog wrote:
marquis wrote:
chazdog wrote:

theyre spying on you in the real world, not throuhg the intranetz, close the curtains!

Eek

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 3:42 Quote
Hi just wondered if can add in here?, Whats safest way to buy from some one on here in Uk as im about to buy a frame for guy in London and ill be using Paypal but says Paypal charges a fee depending how its sent unless send it as gift but then not covered. Just want to be sure etc. Guy looks seems legit got decent profile etc
Any advice be great and who pays fees by way me or him which still be me then ha.

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 3:47 Quote
flowrider661 wrote:
Hi just wondered if can add in here?, Whats safest way to buy from some one on here in Uk as im about to buy a frame for guy in London and ill be using Paypal but says Paypal charges a fee depending how its sent unless send it as gift but then not covered. Just want to be sure etc. Guy looks seems legit got decent profile etc
Any advice be great and who pays fees by way me or him which still be me then ha.

Pay the extra for charges and be covered,don't pay and it's your loss.

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 3:51 Quote
Yh what i was thinking right then where do u do that then, so you click on SEND MONEY yh thentype in email addy and amount, then under purchase is it GOODS i click on? and then this is bit not sure about, under personal which one is it apart from mark as gift, is it personal payment owed or other or haha house hold expense.

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 3:54 Quote
flowrider661 wrote:
Yh what i was thinking right then where do u do that then, so you click on SEND MONEY yh thentype in email addy and amount, then under purchase is it GOODS i click on? and then this is bit not sure about, under personal which one is it apart from mark as gift, is it personal payment owed or other or haha house hold expense.

I really have no idea to be honest as i have used paypal a couple of times,we maybe need a thread on how to use paypal.

Paying via gift is the biggest scam on pinkbike and has caught many people out,you will also be pleased to know that unless the amount is in it's thousands the police are simply not interested in pursuing the matter either.

No offence to anyone but lately i feel i'm here to mod people from there own doing and not the actual scammers.

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 3:57 Quote
Yeah do a thread on how to buy safely etc be great, also a way not far off the use of ebay type transaction would be great, like feedback etc, just make people at ease and stop hopefully the scammers a bit.
AS it seems popular for buy and selling on here plus its not just Uk it international aswell what think Marq?

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 4:01 Quote
flowrider661 wrote:
Yeah do a thread on how to buy safely etc be great, also a way not far off the use of ebay type transaction would be great, like feedback etc, just make people at ease and stop hopefully the scammers a bit.
AS it seems popular for buy and selling on here plus its not just Uk it international aswell what think Marq?

Do your homework,if people have just joined then steer clear,if they ask for payapl gift steer clear,if the pics look wrong steer clear,ask for up to date pics,ask if they have sold other items and ask for a link to the user they bought or sold from if not steer clear.

For it's size the uk is one of the worst if i'm honest,seems we have the biggest population of lazy bone idle f*ckers with a pc/laptop who don't wanna earn their bread the good old fashioned way.

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 4:05 Quote
haha Not for me i dont need thread to help but yeah seems lots people are lazy, me im researching best way and checking out details but still have habit of asking for opinions. I suppose its casue i like the extra info for security ha.

Seriously see if can do or some how change the buy sell section with feedbacks because people are lazy im afraid even on ebay people get scammed. Im very carefulll though and check details and the little things

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 4:12 Quote
flowrider661 wrote:
haha Not for me i dont need thread to help but yeah seems lots people are lazy, me im researching best way and checking out details but still have habit of asking for opinions. I suppose its casue i like the extra info for security ha.

Seriously see if can do or some how change the buy sell section with feedbacks because people are lazy im afraid even on ebay people get scammed. Im very carefulll though and check details and the little things

Feed back can be abused too,some scammers are posing 3 bikes and marking one as sold so it looks as though they are legit.

Pics are also a dead give away as say a dude is selling 3 top end bikes,99% of the time each pic has a differing back ground i,e different place and sometimes differing countries.

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 11:10 Quote
marquis wrote:
flowrider661 wrote:

Feed back can be abused too,some scammers are posing 3 bikes and marking one as sold so it looks as though they are legit.

Pics are also a dead give away as say a dude is selling 3 top end bikes,99% of the time each pic has a differing back ground i,e different place and sometimes differing countries.

Id also check the gen exif of the photo....

And ask them in PM about what sorta camera they have and if they dont say one that the pics were taken with then ban HAMMA

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010998
Mobile Version of Website