Buy and sell rating guide.

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Buy and sell rating guide.
Author Message
Posted: Jan 18, 2012 at 11:52 Quote
chazdog wrote:
masterk wrote:
chazdog so as long as i get payment im safe and its his choice if he wants to lose his money

as long as its a paypal GIFT, or bank transfer then yes. If you dotn want tp lose it dont sell it Razz

yh lol i guess so but ill keep it strictly uk sales safest way i guess

Posted: Feb 11, 2012 at 13:52 Quote
could you tell me what the best wheels and forks are for devinci hucker
many thanxs

Posted: Feb 11, 2012 at 14:09 Quote
This is definitely not the place to be asking that.

Try the Mountain Bike Quick question Thread.

Or

The Aggressive Hardtail Thread.

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 at 8:55 Quote
Don't ever post stuff without using recorded`' or signed for`' as a minimum. I always do, but have just sent some stuff first class and didn't, the guy was hassling me to get it posted quickly and I let him know as soon as I posted it and didn't hear anything for 10 days, then I get a message that he hasn't received it!! WTF!!!

Now I am having to refund his money as I don't have proof of delivery!!

Learn from my mistake- luckily it was only £27

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 at 9:02 Quote
retsel wrote:
Don't ever post stuff without using recorded`' or signed for`' as a minimum. I always do, but have just sent some stuff first class and didn't, the guy was hassling me to get it posted quickly and I let him know as soon as I posted it and didn't hear anything for 10 days, then I get a message that he hasn't received it!! WTF!!!

Now I am having to refund his money as I don't have proof of delivery!!

Learn from my mistake- luckily it was only £27

had this happen before with a nintendo ds i sold on ebay, such a common scam Frown . 'im not home all day, do can you not do it recorded'. Then they get a full paypal refund, because the postage reciepts are worthless to them, only a tracking number and full proof of postage.

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 at 12:07 Quote
Same problem here the other week. eBay buyer claims item never turned up. Had to refund him so always post recorded now.

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 at 15:24 Quote
chazdog wrote:
masterk wrote:
chazdog wrote:


i used the royal mail, got the guy to cover the £55 postage costs, got a postage receipt and tracking number, just like i would posting in the uk. keep em in formed, get payment up front and use a reliable service. simple

ok the guy gave me uk address i checked on royal mail postcode check and it comes up but doesn't always mean its legit right ? he wants me to send to address in uk but the guy lives in europe what do i do ?

As long as you get the money through paypal as a GIFT he cant scam you (no refunds). Post the parcel SIGNED FOR so you know he recieves it and he cant claim not to have it and want money back either. As long as they pay up front where they want shiz posted is not your problem really

I just read this,bit late I know,but if you do use Paypal they have 120 days to claim a 'chargeback',basically telling paypal that their cards been used by an unauthorised party and paypal will mostly side with them.As far as getting it signed for,apart from the UK,USA or Canada nowhere else can have a verified address,so even with a signature paypal will still not cover you.The ONLY way of getting any recompense if you are scammed is by insuring the item for it's true value.But even with that is it really worth the hassle of selling abroad? at least if you are scammed in the UK,if you have sent to a verified address,which you should,and have kept all correspondence,as is advised by PB mods,you should be ok with paypal.

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 at 15:30 Quote
adee-ree wrote:
chazdog wrote:
masterk wrote:


ok the guy gave me uk address i checked on royal mail postcode check and it comes up but doesn't always mean its legit right ? he wants me to send to address in uk but the guy lives in europe what do i do ?

As long as you get the money through paypal as a GIFT he cant scam you (no refunds). Post the parcel SIGNED FOR so you know he recieves it and he cant claim not to have it and want money back either. As long as they pay up front where they want shiz posted is not your problem really

I just read this,bit late I know,but if you do use Paypal they have 120 days to claim a 'chargeback',basically telling paypal that their cards been used by an unauthorised party and paypal will mostly side with them.As far as getting it signed for,apart from the UK,USA or Canada nowhere else can have a verified address,so even with a signature paypal will still not cover you.The ONLY way of getting any recompense if you are scammed is by insuring the item for it's true value.But even with that is it really worth the hassle of selling abroad? at least if you are scammed in the UK,if you have sent to a verified address,which you should,and have kept all correspondence,as is advised by PB mods,you should be ok with paypal.

logically the card they pay with is registered to their address. so your tracking number will show delivery to that address. ergo they paid for it, and the card wasn't stolen. Or is that too logical and sensible for paypal?

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 5:36 Quote
You need to sort out some sort of rating system i'v used Buy/sell 4 times been let down 3 of them.Mate's are same where all getting p#ssed off. The stuff cheep which is brill but no good if people never send Address or sort out time & meet but never turn up

Posted: May 24, 2013 at 13:08 Quote
ive sold and bought hundreds of things on here and never really had a single problem. buy more carefully, its not that hard

Posted: May 26, 2013 at 6:20 Quote
chazdog wrote:
ive sold and bought hundreds of things on here and never really had a single problem. buy more carefully, its not that hard

This



Don't get sucked in by stupidly cheap stuff too....if it seems too good to be true on here...it most definately is

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 10:35 Quote
Any one want to buy a kona supreme hei hei 29er year 2012

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
as long as its a paypal GIFT, or bank transfer then yes. If you dotn want tp lose it dont sell it Razz

Definitely DO NOT send a PayPal payment for goods as a GIFT or receive money if you're the seller. If you do, you've not got a leg to stand on if the deal goes sour.

Always, always do the transaction using the "I'm paying for goods" button. Of course there are the seller fees to consider, that's the only downside but if you're the seller build it into your price or get the buyer to agree to pay the fees along with your sale price.

The upside is however, that using the "I'm paying for goods" button keeps you and the other party covered by PayPal's transaction terms.
And has already been mentioned throughout this thread, ALWAYS use a tracked and signed for service, either domestic or International and if you're the buyer request that the seller meets this requirement. If they're not interested or you're just being a cheapskate, then one or the other is likely to get stitched up.

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 20:04 Quote
High quality mud guards for

£3.99 for Standard

£4.99 for Plus+

Range of colours and custom etching available

To order:
visit the website
Www.mudshield.co.uk

Or visit the page

https://www.facebook.com/MudShield


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.020115
Mobile Version of Website