One crazy bike!

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 11:57 Quote
http://forums.farkin.net/photo/data/500/DazzLahar.JPG

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:02 Quote
jumpstyle wrote:
that bike sucks

I hope you're kidding. Internal gearbox carbon fiber DH bike? Mint.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:02 Quote
I hope you're joking ^^^.

Edit: beat me too it !

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:04 Quote
mellis-uk wrote:
I hope you're joking ^^^.

Edit: beat me too it !

Quick to the draw.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:04 Quote
im not saying its a shitty bike, im saying its one of the uglyest looking bikes ive ever seen

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:06 Quote
jumpstyle wrote:
im not saying its a shitty bike, im saying its one of the uglyest looking bikes ive ever seen

I'm pretty sure you said it sucks, not that it's ugly.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:07 Quote
sherbet wrote:
jumpstyle wrote:

pardon my grammer

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:08 Quote
jumpstyle wrote:
sherbet wrote:
jumpstyle wrote:

pardon my grammer

... That wasn't poor grammar, that was just being insulting.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:09 Quote
That is amazing, I bet its super light too. Who cares if it looks different, it probably performs really well though. I like the suspension design as well. What company makes this bike??

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:10 Quote
The Lahar is the most unnecessary, overengineered, mediocre bike ever. Before you ask: No I haven't ridden one. The geometry is blah, The weight isn't that impressive, internal transmissions still have a LONG way to go, I'm not a fan of pivot locations that high, and it's ugly. Unless you want to pay for the novelty it's not worth it when you can have a better performing bike for a fraction of the cost.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:35 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://forums.farkin.net/photo/data/500/DazzLahar.JPG

thats a sweet bike kind sketch tho looks like the head tube mite snap

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:39 Quote
Lahar bikes are supposedly insanely well designed, strong, and fast of course, I believe there is a video interview with him from interbike.

and I'd be more worried about gouging the rear triangle.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:42 Quote
I wouldn't say it's unnecessary, it is a novelty for sure. I agree with you about the geo and it's true they really aren't that light. RideMonkey has a thread about sub 40 pound bikes, a guy has the Lahar, with Ti spokes, Boxxers, Saint, Schwable tires, road saddle, etc and its just under 40 pounds.

photo

Development and design have to start somewhere, sometimes its not pretty, sometimes it doesn't work, but it is a start.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:43 Quote
The rear looks like a mutan, with all those pivots hehe

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011679
Mobile Version of Website