Marzochhi shivers dc 2002 HELP

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzochhi shivers dc 2002 HELP
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 12:03 Quote
I need to stiffen the ride of my shivers up.
There are two dials on the top of the forks one black one blue.
which dial does what?

a translation on what compression and preload
and what they do would also be pretty useful

cheers

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 14:28 Quote
I too would like to know how to stiffen my Dc Shivers up

I dont know if there is a preload adjust for them or just comp/rebound damping? Confused

Anyway, free bump

Gc

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 3:36 Quote
I've got a pair of 2004 DCs on my Cove Peeler.

Big knob does the spring pre-load...small screwdriven adjuster in the middle of both does the rebound...and that's all you've got.
Just did a quick bit of googling and there appears to be hard and soft springs for these...I'm going to buy a set for mine as they are super super soft and can't quite handle huge drops!

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 7:15 Quote
Mine could never handle large drops either, eventually the upper tube will fail. If someone made a custom damper with hydraulic bottom out control I would probably go back.

I found the best setup for me was one side stock spring, the other side heavy. I weigh 150lbs.

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 at 13:15 Quote
Spent the entire morning researching these harder springs and came up against a brick wall - Some people optimistically list them but they are basically unavailable.

In the mean time I've made a slight discovery...

Just stripped and rebuilt my forks. The oil which came out had a wonderful metallic look about it like it had been there for about 25 years and abused to death, the forks are actually in very good condition so I'm slightly confused as to where all the particles came from!
Anyway, I found mention of filling them with 305ml / cc of oil so I went and bought a litre of 7.5W fork oil and once they were thoroughly cleaned I went overboard and jammed more like 350 cc in there.

Air volume reduced = Makeshift air assister spring!

I think I may have gone a little too far as I did get a bit of oil out the top of the air bleed screws when I fully compressed each leg - Having said that, they will not hydraulic and it's basically acting like an air bump stop so at least I'll probably never bottom them out!

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 at 4:42 Quote
Heavier oil helps, try a 10 or 12w

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014973
Mobile Version of Website