Pittsburgh area DJ DH Freeride thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Pittsburgh area DJ DH Freeride thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 at 7:29 Quote
Just starting this thread so there is another source for pgh riders to get re scoop about local happenings.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 at 8:01 Quote
Nice. When are the build days scheduled this spring?

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 at 8:30 Quote
martis wrote:
Nice. When are the build days scheduled this spring?
not sure yet, a few people looked at the trail the other day but the ground is so sloppy in areas and frozen in others. prob be good to go do some dirt work now and let it set in as the water leaves.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 at 9:55 Quote
Jamie usually schedules one big build day a month. The first one will probably be mid to late March unless the weather starts warming up sooner.

Hopefully we can get most of the dirt jump and skills area completed by June. What we really need to do is start a whole new trail, but that may require a lot more authorization. Building spur trails off of Dr. J could be fun and list them as all part of the same trail.

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 at 17:33 Quote
I heard there was something in the works for this weekend... however judging that this was said before the snow of today, might not be going down...

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 at 20:01 Quote
ya if the weather held out we could of done some dirt movin but not now

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 17:35 Quote
Hey!! Keep me in the loop! I dont have faceplant er i mean facebook anymore so i dont know any of these things. Ill keep looking here from now on but im def down fo sho.

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 19:24 Quote
cool man thats why i started this. I am lookin forward to riding the trails near Apollo soon. Do you have any beta on them?

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 9:49 Quote
For anyone who lives a bit closer to Greensburg or Mt. Pleasant than Pittsburgh... I'm in the process of building a dirt jump and ladder bridge bike park in my yard. Nothing too huge, but something fun, flowy, but most importantly, in my yard. No chance of vandalism, or having an angry land-owner bulldoze it. Not to mention cold beers and a grill about 30 feet away from the last landing. I might try and arrange some dig/ride/drink/eat/bonfire days coming up soon.

My yard is completely wooded, over an acre, and on a slight downhill, so it's basically perfect for this. Two lines have been partially built, but there's a ton of potential for much more.

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 17:06 Quote
picowatt wrote:
cool man thats why i started this. I am lookin forward to riding the trails near Apollo soon. Do you have any beta on them?
By trails near Apollo, do you mean Roaring Run XC, or are there freeride/DH trails in my backyard that I'm unaware of?

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 22:32 Quote
never been there, heard there is xc and some semi gnarly AM STUF

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2011 at 6:01 Quote
roaring run in apollo is pretty gnarrly and very fun, but there is a lot of techincal climbing. it kicks my ass anytime i've been there. its very rocky, and there are a few features but not really any drops or jumps.

Posted: Mar 5, 2011 at 6:13 Quote
rav400 wrote:
roaring run in apollo is pretty gnarrly and very fun, but there is a lot of techincal climbing. it kicks my ass anytime i've been there. its very rocky, and there are a few features but not really any drops or jumps.
Yeah, that for sure. I horrible at the climbs there, but I still love it.

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 9:27 Quote
The weather this weekend isn't looking too bad. 30% chance for rain on saturday and partly cloudy on sunday. Anyone hear about any trail work or riding planned for this weekend?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012948
Mobile Version of Website