Boxxer Knocking Video. Help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Boxxer Knocking Video. Help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 10:15 Quote
i have some boxxer races 2010. and they have quite a loud horrible knocking.
i dont know mucha bout suspension so i havent taken them apart to look at them because i dont know what im looking at.
in the vid i try and show that it only knocks under light compression. if i put all my weight on them like a do in the video, they dont make the knocking noise.

heres a video of them so you can hear it for yourself.
Views: 898    Faves: 0    Comments: 31

if you have any ideas as to what it could be. can you let me know.

thanks
Magnus

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 0:49 Quote
Bump, i got same problem, so has my mate, seems to be a common problem with the races? Iv looked into it but im still not fully sure, think its just a bad damper assembly in the early boxxer 2010 races. Just need to buy a newer assembly with the rectifiyed design. Someone correct me if im wrong?
Iv had them apart and honestly cannot find where the knocking comes from exactly but its deff from the damper.

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 13:53 Quote
BUMP i need answers before i blow £80 quid on a new damper assembly! Smile

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 13:58 Quote
Mine did that too. I just kept riding and after a few bottom outs, it stopped. Do you feel a problem or is it just the sound?

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 22:56 Quote
komodo1 wrote:
Mine did that too. I just kept riding and after a few bottom outs, it stopped. Do you feel a problem or is it just the sound?
no problemsm they feel pretty nice, just the noise

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 0:33 Quote
komodo1 wrote:
Same, no problem, just sound.

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 0:39 Quote
sounds like the spring hitting against the stantion, throw some shrink wrap on the spring and it should sound nicer.

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 8:52 Quote
Cevo-P wrote:
sounds like the spring hitting against the stantion, throw some shrink wrap on the spring and it should sound nicer.
ive taken the spring out, it already has it on. TF tuned said they will fix it in a full service at no extra cost, so surely it cant be something really complicated

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 9:34 Quote
Is there enough preload spacers above the spring to stop it moving up and down?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012807
Mobile Version of Website