2010-2011 Enduro with RockShox Monarch Plus or a Vivid?

PB Forum :: Specialized
2010-2011 Enduro with RockShox Monarch Plus or a Vivid?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 at 21:42 Quote
Does anyone have this set-up on their bike? I have seen Brendan Fairclough has a vivid on his Enduro and Curtis Keene has a Monarch on his bike but I was wondering if anyone else does?

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 at 14:10 Quote
I think both of those guys are sponsored by RockShox...I think the stock Fox does a pretty damn good job on my 2010 Enduro.

I run it with the stock RP23 and a 36 Talas up front.

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 9:23 Quote
donch15 wrote:
I think both of those guys are sponsored by RockShox...I think the stock Fox does a pretty damn good job on my 2010 Enduro.

I run it with the stock RP23 and a 36 Talas up front.

I blew out my RP23. I adjusted it for a long time and found a good spot but after a 2-4 hour ride the RP23 is out of shape and bottoming out on the smallest things and now its really squishy and blown out and its only about 6 months old. I do too much downhill with it. I need something with more oil or a spring. I loved that bike with that RP23 but its not fitting in with my riding now.

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 9:48 Quote
You need to find out your eye to eye and then shop around accordingly,vivid blows through it's travel pretty qucik and it also bobs a bit too whilst pedaling.

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 14:48 Quote
marquis wrote:
You need to find out your eye to eye and then shop around accordingly,vivid blows through it's travel pretty qucik and it also bobs a bit too whilst pedaling.

The Enduro has a strange size 8.5" x 2.125" The enduro evo has a fox coil on it but it has different linkage. I herd that Push Industries was making fitment for some other options but I have not herd back from them.

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 at 1:15 Quote
sommersc818 wrote:
marquis wrote:

The Enduro has a strange size 8.5" x 2.125" The enduro evo has a fox coil on it but it has different linkage. I herd that Push Industries was making fitment for some other options but I have not herd back from them.

Push,push the vivid also and make it a true 4 adjustment shock.

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 at 2:04 Quote
get the monarch, they are an awesome shock, i would run a monarch over a vivid, just for the fact the monarch has more adjustments then the vivid for better fine tuning, especially on a bike like an enduro. a shock like the monarch will really bring the life out of the enduro.tup

Mod
Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 13:30 Quote
When you know, let me know. I am waiting for either the custom tuned shock that comes on the Evo enduro, as we have a customer that has ordered one, but may swap with me for the rp23 bv, that my sworks came with. but I would much rather just run the vivid. I'll email push as well...

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 at 7:39 Quote
Sick...Big improvement over the Fox?

What does that go for from Push?

kealoha wrote:
Awesome shock!

photo

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 at 19:06 Quote
$575-$595.

[L=http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/index.php?menu_id=97&type=products&title=%3CB%3E%3Cfont%20color=red%3ENEW!%3C/B%3E%3C/font%20color%3E%20RockShox%20Monarch%20PLUS%20RC3&product_id=78]http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/index.php?menu_id=97&type=products&title=%3CB%3E%3Cfont%20color=red%3ENEW!%3C/B%3E%3C/font%20color%3E%20RockShox%20Monarch%20PLUS%20RC3&product_id=78[/L]

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 at 8:01 Quote
kealoha wrote:
Awesome shock!

photo

What stroke shock fits on an Enduro?

I know the Monarch Plus comes in 8.5x2.5 stroke and Enduro uses an 8.5x2.125 stroke shock. Does the longer stroke Monarch Plus work on the Enduro?

Mod
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 at 8:16 Quote
donch15 wrote:
kealoha wrote:
Awesome shock!

photo

I know the Monarch Plus comes in 8.5x2.5 stroke and Enduro uses an 8.5x2.125 stroke shock. Does the longer stroke Monarch Plus work on the Enduro?
it's modified by push. the tuning company to fit the enduro.

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 at 8:23 Quote
isaacds wrote:
donch15 wrote:
kealoha wrote:
Awesome shock!

photo

it's modified by push. the tuning company to fit the enduro.

So I take it the longer stroke shock would most likely cause clearance issues and screw with the leverage ratio of the bike.

Short of spending $600 on a Pushed Monarch Plus, it seems like the best option for the Enduro is just to get the stock Fox RP Pushed.

Mod
Posted: Jun 3, 2011 at 8:36 Quote
I vacillate on what I'll do, but for the moment, my rp23 bv is working very well, I rebuilt it, and have gone back to my normal settings, and it's spot on...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016661
Mobile Version of Website