2010-2011 Enduro with RockShox Monarch Plus or a Vivid?

PB Forum :: Specialized
2010-2011 Enduro with RockShox Monarch Plus or a Vivid?
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 20:49 Quote
I know the Enduro 2010 use a 8.5 X 2.125. I tryed the new Float X CTD on it and I blew it. The diameter of the shock is bigger over thr piggy back so it was rubbing on my frame and used enough to let the air out. The shock price detail was 900$ and fox was charging me 300$ to fix it! so now I' looking for other options!

I was wondering if a 8.5 X 2.25 would fit considering there is not a lot of 8.5 X 2.125 for sale. Any ideas, suggestions or comment to help??? Thank you for helping!

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 at 9:04 Quote
For Fans 's Enduro Specialized : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Speci...34535740082849

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 10:54 Quote
Medic-911 wrote:
I know the Enduro 2010 use a 8.5 X 2.125. I tryed the new Float X CTD on it and I blew it. The diameter of the shock is bigger over thr piggy back so it was rubbing on my frame and used enough to let the air out. The shock price detail was 900$ and fox was charging me 300$ to fix it! so now I' looking for other options!

I was wondering if a 8.5 X 2.25 would fit considering there is not a lot of 8.5 X 2.125 for sale. Any ideas, suggestions or comment to help??? Thank you for helping!

I'm a little late here, and suspect you've already got an answer, but that shock will "fit". Question is, will the chain stay bridge contact your seat tube area on the frame. I think others have commented on that here, but I don't recall the answer. If it does, I believe you can install a shim (or have a pro do it - ask at any suspension service center) to limit the travel to 2.125. I've had someone offer to build me one with a limited travel of 2.125" so I'm pretty confident it is possible.

Posted: Dec 21, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
Hi guys,
A little off topic but...
I've noticed my rear shock ( fox float rp2 - on Specialized Enduro 2012 frame) do not compress fully with all the air out the shock.
Is that normal for this shock/frame or it is a problem ?
I hope someone with the same setup to share his observations.

Best Regards!

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 22:37 Quote
viciouscycleworx wrote:

Problem solved

What year/model is that one?

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 22:41 Quote
My bike is a 2015 SW 650b

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 6:55 Quote
That's normal. Nothing to worry about

iyan wrote:
Hi guys,
I've noticed my rear shock ( fox float rp2 - on Specialized Enduro 2012 frame) do not compress fully with all the air out the shock.

Best Regards!

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 1:05 Quote
JoeMtnBike2016 wrote:

iyan wrote:
Hi guys,

Best Regards!

My 2012 enduro comp does this too. Is there any way to get it to start using all its travel? It seems like quite a bit of suspension that's just being wasted

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 10:30 Quote
Brandon-giessinger1 wrote:
JoeMtnBike2016 wrote:

iyan wrote:
Hi guys,

Best Regards!

My 2012 enduro comp does this too. Is there any way to get it to start using all its travel? It seems like quite a bit of suspension that's just being wasted

You're not wasting suspension. The frame just has a slightly longer stroke shock than the travel it has. This is typically to allow for the shock mounts to be positioned ideally.

If you compressed the shock to end of the shaft, there would likely be contact of either the air canister to the frame of the tire to the seat tube.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020722
Mobile Version of Website