Lightest stock bmx

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Lightest stock bmx
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 8:57 Quote
i have decided a need a new bmx as im running a 27 lb one and after goin on a mates 23 lb stock bmx and i like how i could 360 it with no effort at all. so i was wondering what are the lightest bikes out there for around £400 or less?

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 9:03 Quote
if it is that light and stock it is shite, and will snap, best thing is to upgrade parts slowly, to lighten your bike, and make it sick at the same time (wheels due to rolling weight feel like 4 times what they would on any other part of your bike, so removing 1 pound, feels like 4 when you are riding)

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 9:29 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
if it is that light and stock it is shite, and will snap, best thing is to upgrade parts slowly, to lighten your bike, and make it sick at the same time (wheels due to rolling weight feel like 4 times what they would on any other part of your bike, so removing 1 pound, feels like 4 when you are riding)

oh alright mate, thanks Smile im runnin a wethepeople 4 seasons 08 frame which is pretty light so ill take your advice and keep it. and about the light bikes being shite, i agree with most but looking at the specs of some they wouldnt snap but those are the £500 plus ones Frown

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 9:33 Quote
ABendyLlama wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

oh alright mate, thanks Smile im runnin a wethepeople 4 seasons 08 frame which is pretty light so ill take your advice and keep it. and about the light bikes being shite, i agree with most but looking at the specs of some they wouldnt snap but those are the £500 plus ones Frown

Yep stock bikes are getting good, but will never be as good as custom

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 9:36 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
ABendyLlama wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

is there any parts you reccomend?

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 9:45 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
+1

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 9:54 Quote
ABendyLlama wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
ABendyLlama wrote:

is there any parts you reccomend?

what is your current spec list? But wheels are a good place to start (expensive though, personally i feel it is better to save and go whole hog, than just go half way then have to upgrade again later)

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 9:59 Quote
a set of good forks,maybe macneil blazers or primo strands,should loose you half a pound,if your forks are not already light.

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 10:04 Quote
tedmacneil wrote:
a set of good forks,maybe macneil blazers or primo strands,should loose you half a pound,if your forks are not already light.

Wheels Razz

fferenc, they are all about the same weight, frames, and wheels are where the weight is, so start there, and work down

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 10:20 Quote
dude, 23 pounds stock is terrible. my friend had a 24 pound stock norco and he cracked the frame in like, 2 places. just upgrade parts as they break. thats waht ive been doing.

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 10:28 Quote
well im pretty happy with my frame right now so im gonna go with the wheels first Big Grin

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 10:30 Quote
ABendyLlama wrote:
well im pretty happy with my frame right now so im gonna go with the wheels first Big Grin

yeah do that.

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 10:48 Quote
best wheelset

front rim alienation skylark
back either a primo 7..., or a gsport ribcage (depending on if you want strength or weight)

hubs, gsport, or profile depending on if you want strength or weight, and the cheapest spokes you can find

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 10:56 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
best wheelset

front rim alienation skylark
back either a primo 7..., or a gsport ribcage (depending on if you want strength or weight)

hubs, gsport, or profile depending on if you want strength or weight, and the cheapest spokes you can find

right now im going for weight as im not doing anything too huge so whats the lightest out of them? for rims and hubs

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 11:01 Quote
How much money can you spend on wheels?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010388
Mobile Version of Website