Good Don Valley Trails

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Good Don Valley Trails
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 at 13:48 Quote
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows any good don valley trails? Some people say that there are downhill and really good freeride trails but I cannot seem to find them. So if anyone knows of them please let me know.

Posted: Mar 1, 2011 at 12:19 Quote
There is a lot of good trails. Not much that needs a big bike though. There is a group building a few short DH runs, but seeing as I'm not building them, I really shouldn't share the location. They're fun and rideable on a hardtaill XC bike, so they're nothing big and gnarly.

Start at the Pottery and Bayview or the Redway Loblaws trailhead, you can go East past Millwood, North under Overlea, Eglinton, West to Bayview, cross the river, East to Sunnybrook park, clockwise around sunnybrook, under Eglinton and overlea, back to where you started for a good 25km or so, with lots of trail choice.

I often go on a group ride Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7PM from the Loblaws trailhead. We ride for 2 hours, about 20-25km. Spring-summer-fall and early winter.

http://www.dropmachine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

Posted: Mar 1, 2011 at 13:00 Quote
Thanks, that was a fantastic forum for the don valley trails Pimp

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 11:31 Quote
nickboers wrote:
There is a lot of good trails. Not much that needs a big bike though. There is a group building a few short DH runs, but seeing as I'm not building them, I really shouldn't share the location. They're fun and rideable on a hardtaill XC bike, so they're nothing big and gnarly.

Start at the Pottery and Bayview or the Redway Loblaws trailhead, you can go East past Millwood, North under Overlea, Eglinton, West to Bayview, cross the river, East to Sunnybrook park, clockwise around sunnybrook, under Eglinton and overlea, back to where you started for a good 25km or so, with lots of trail choice.

I often go on a group ride Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7PM from the Loblaws trailhead. We ride for 2 hours, about 20-25km. Spring-summer-fall and early winter.

http://www.dropmachine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

Hi there,

Any dates on when the Tues/Thurs rides will start again? The dropmachine.com thread is a little dated.

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 5:51 Quote
Interest and attendance tends to drop through the winter, it's cold, dark and people like to hide indoors.

While it IS cold, it's still rideable. Post up that you're looking for a ride and you'll probably find someone to ride with.

When it starts to melt in the next month or so, the trails will get very sloppy and are easily damaged. Once it starts to dry out and firm up, the evening rides will be very regular with lots of activity.

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 5:57 Quote
nickboers wrote:
Interest and attendance tends to drop through the winter, it's cold, dark and people like to hide indoors.

While it IS cold, it's still rideable. Post up that you're looking for a ride and you'll probably find someone to ride with.

When it starts to melt in the next month or so, the trails will get very sloppy and are easily damaged. Once it starts to dry out and firm up, the evening rides will be very regular with lots of activity.

Thanks nickboers. Will keep my eyes peeled on the forums.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 at 10:42 Quote
the S/E exposed trail was dry till today....lots o rain....should be nice to ride in a few weeks....maybe sooner

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009670
Mobile Version of Website