Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Posted: May 8, 2018 at 21:28 Quote
I run a medium Troy with a piggy. Water bottle fits just fine.

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 22:20 Quote
thanks for the help Smile

O+
Posted: May 9, 2018 at 4:36 Quote
comacruz wrote:

What shock? I didn't actually try it, but I was interested in putting an X2 on mine, and was told by Devinci that it will fit, but would interfere with a bottle.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2018 at 5:27 Quote
Running a dpx2, but haven’t tried a bottle mount.
And that shock is awesome on the Troy. Miles above the Monarch.
See here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=11471&pagenum=132#commentid6610614

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 5:28 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
comacruz wrote:

What shock? I didn't actually try it, but I was interested in putting an X2 on mine, and was told by Devinci that it will fit, but would interfere with a bottle.

Monarch Plus RC3

Posted: May 10, 2018 at 1:43 Quote
comacruz wrote:
freerider11 wrote:
comacruz wrote:

Monarch Plus RC3

I'm running the Fox X2 on a M frame.
The shock fits fine, but the piggy back would hit the water bottle.

Had to use a DI2 battery mount to "offset" the bottle mount though

photo

Posted: May 10, 2018 at 5:16 Quote
If you flip the shock would it still hit the bottle?

O+
Posted: May 10, 2018 at 5:25 Quote
Not sure that shock can be flipped without the reservoir contacting the frame on compression?

When you say offset the bottle mount, do you mean move it left or right so it's no longer inline with the frame, or you moved it forwards? I wouldn't be able to move mine forward anymore and still have room to get a large bottle in there.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2018 at 22:03 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Running a dpx2, but haven’t tried a bottle mount.
And that shock is awesome on the Troy. Miles above the Monarch.
See here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=11471&pagenum=132#commentid6610614

Amen - the RS unit in my Spartan is rubbish, about to get swapped out.

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 9:34 Quote
comacruz wrote:
If you flip the shock would it still hit the bottle?

Sorry buddy, you cant fit a fox X2 with climb switch flipped.

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 9:37 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Not sure that shock can be flipped without the reservoir contacting the frame on compression?

When you say offset the bottle mount, do you mean move it left or right so it's no longer inline with the frame, or you moved it forwards? I wouldn't be able to move mine forward anymore and still have room to get a large bottle in there.

Well, with reference to my pic, the DI2 Mount would offset the bottle cage towards the right.
It would also mean that you cant fit a large bottle!!!

If you could, you could try mounting a Fox X2 without the climb switch, hopefully there is a little more clearance for you to mount a large bottle.

If not, there is no way for a large bottle on a Medium frame, with a fox X2 climb switch.

Cheers.
Joseph

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 11:58 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Django 29 & Troy

photo

Is it a 57mm stroke shock or 51?

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 12:49 Quote
rainan wrote:

51. I've tried a 57 and even in the high setting, the seatstay brace will make contact with the seat tube at full bottom out. In the low setting it makes contact well before full bottom out. I prefer the frame in the low setting so 57 is a no go, and 140mm travel is enough for this bike anyways.

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 23:10 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
rainan wrote:

51. I've tried a 57 and even in the high setting, the seatstay brace will make contact with the seat tube at full bottom out. In the low setting it makes contact well before full bottom out. I prefer the frame in the low setting so 57 is a no go, and 140mm travel is enough for this bike anyways.

Thank you. I want so change mt Monarch RT for something better, I was thinking on increasing the stroke as well. Actually, 140mm are well delivered on the Troy so I would stick with the 51mm stroke.
Regarding the shock I'm looking for suggestion between those:
DB Inline Air CS
DB Inline Coil CS
Float X2
Float DPX2
DVO Topaz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018689
Mobile Version of Website