Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Author Message
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 at 5:41 Quote
timhalberg wrote:
Abacall wrote:
Helm is on! Cherry Bomb red is purdy.



How's that cane creek shock doing for you??? Highly considering one myself as it seems the thing to do.

Did you go standard length, or did you push into 57?

Standard length, love the damn thing. It's truly surprising what it does to the ride of the bike. Truth be told, you do need to spend time tuning it in, and take some time to understand what the dials do. But holy jesus, once you have it dialed to your riding preference, it brings capability up to another level. There's also not change in performance over those long descents.
I have to say, with the CK Helm and DB IL Coil the Troy is faster than my Spartan (on RockShox) was on mosts DH tracks now, and is more fun. I almost went to buy a Spartan since my regular rides are getting pretty hairy. But the Troy is now handling those with grace, and it's still capable of long days in the saddle. It's also got more pop, due to the ability to tune it to that preference.
The CS works, and it works well. Climbing anywhere you'd need traction is better, but flats is not as efficient.
All the glowing review aside, what was said before holds true. If you ride mostly smooth trails, don't bother. If you ride rough, loose, or steep, the CK coil will bring capability up another level.
Pros:
Ups capability, traction, stability
Tuning to your liking
CS works really well
Minimal weigh difference compared to piggybacks
Consistency
Cons:
Tuning can be a pain if you don't like to
Shorter service intervals
Slight knock in CS mode
Expensive

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
Abacall wrote:
timhalberg wrote:
Abacall wrote:
Helm is on! Cherry Bomb red is purdy.



How's that cane creek shock doing for you??? Highly considering one myself as it seems the thing to do.

Did you go standard length, or did you push into 57?

Standard length, love the damn thing. It's truly surprising what it does to the ride of the bike. Truth be told, you do need to spend time tuning it in, and take some time to understand what the dials do. But holy jesus, once you have it dialed to your riding preference, it brings capability up to another level. There's also not change in performance over those long descents.
I have to say, with the CK Helm and DB IL Coil the Troy is faster than my Spartan (on RockShox) was on mosts DH tracks now, and is more fun. I almost went to buy a Spartan since my regular rides are getting pretty hairy. But the Troy is now handling those with grace, and it's still capable of long days in the saddle. It's also got more pop, due to the ability to tune it to that preference.
The CS works, and it works well. Climbing anywhere you'd need traction is better, but flats is not as efficient.
All the glowing review aside, what was said before holds true. If you ride mostly smooth trails, don't bother. If you ride rough, loose, or steep, the CK coil will bring capability up another level.
Pros:
Ups capability, traction, stability
Tuning to your liking
CS works really well
Minimal weigh difference compared to piggybacks
Consistency
Cons:
Tuning can be a pain if you don't like to
Shorter service intervals
Slight knock in CS mode
Expensive

Why did you go with the inline coil over the piggyback coil?

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 18:55 Quote
jason114 wrote:
Abacall wrote:
timhalberg wrote:


How's that cane creek shock doing for you??? Highly considering one myself as it seems the thing to do.

Did you go standard length, or did you push into 57?

Standard length, love the damn thing. It's truly surprising what it does to the ride of the bike. Truth be told, you do need to spend time tuning it in, and take some time to understand what the dials do. But holy jesus, once you have it dialed to your riding preference, it brings capability up to another level. There's also not change in performance over those long descents.
I have to say, with the CK Helm and DB IL Coil the Troy is faster than my Spartan (on RockShox) was on mosts DH tracks now, and is more fun. I almost went to buy a Spartan since my regular rides are getting pretty hairy. But the Troy is now handling those with grace, and it's still capable of long days in the saddle. It's also got more pop, due to the ability to tune it to that preference.
The CS works, and it works well. Climbing anywhere you'd need traction is better, but flats is not as efficient.
All the glowing review aside, what was said before holds true. If you ride mostly smooth trails, don't bother. If you ride rough, loose, or steep, the CK coil will bring capability up another level.
Pros:
Ups capability, traction, stability
Tuning to your liking
CS works really well
Minimal weigh difference compared to piggybacks
Consistency
Cons:
Tuning can be a pain if you don't like to
Shorter service intervals
Slight knock in CS mode
Expensive

Why did you go with the inline coil over the piggyback coil?

Weight, and bottle clearance. And honestly, there's no reason to go with the piggyback over inline on a trail bike.
I also don't think they make the piggyback version in the correct length.

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 8:19 Quote
If anyone's looking to eek out a few more mm's from their dropper, getting a lower profile seat like the Selle Italia Nepal will get you some additional clearance. Side benefit, they're super comfortable, and have a really nice rounded shape at the rear which make it really easy to move over the back of the bike.
I just ordered a new OneUp dropper in 170mm. I ride a medium frame and I'm 5'8"ish. I think it should fit.

Here's a pic comparing the Nepal to the Chromag.


And on the bike:

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 13:32 Quote
My charcoal spartan 18,full chromag cockpit,pedals ,saddle and rims dt hubs,raceface cranks and sram nx derailer and shifter with 11-46 sunrace casette.Formula Cura brakes.No comment about the rc2 on front!

Posted: Oct 28, 2018 at 13:15 Quote
My devinci wilson SL 2012, still going strong Wink

Guys do you know where can i get some parts for devinci's...i need to replace pivots soon.....?

one more question - can you recommend me a small front fender >?? I was thinking to buy MarshGuards Original or MuckyNutz face fender..?

Thanks

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 6:49 Quote
R4dz1k wrote:
My devinci wilson SL 2012, still going strong Wink

Guys do you know where can i get some parts for devinci's...i need to replace pivots soon.....?

one more question - can you recommend me a small front fender >?? I was thinking to buy MarshGuards Original or MuckyNutz face fender..?

Thanks
i recommend you the zefall is cheap and effective
https://www.probikeshop.pt/guarda-lamas-zefal-deflector-fm20-preto/102781.html
for devinci parts maybe you can order here https://www.fanatikbike.com/

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 9:10 Quote
cheers buddy.
I have ordered some things using that website you mention Smile

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 15:21 Quote
R4dz1k wrote:
cheers buddy.
I have ordered some things using that website you mention Smile
did you see the devinci parts in the site?
cheers Smile

Posted: Nov 2, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
Yes.
All arrived now Smile 2 days from USA-TO PL
I bought the Pivots, Carbon Skidplate and rear fender from FANATIK + some rear mech hanger from Canadian web.

The fender came in different colour(black)but looks decent Smile
I have devinci wilson from 2012, and the rear fender is grey and little bit smaller but yeahh Looks good.

Looks like this now:

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 0:00 Quote
My Spartan Carbon


Now with silver Hope cranks, Michelin rubber and a Demo MRP Ribbon, interesting to see how it performs!

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 5:25 Quote
Excuse the mug. New bike day is exciting.

New '19 Spartan 29 is in the box!


Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 12:25 Quote
Let us see your new beast Razz

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Putting her together... First is the InvisiFrame, which takes forever to get on right.

Posted: 10 hours ago Quote
I am after a new 29'er 19 Devinci... but the distributor Haven is not supplying these anymore - bar other brands e-bicycles.... absolutely gutted. I have a 2015 Spartan - and now I am going to have to finish the build and ride that but I was never really taken with 650b wheels at all.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031453
Mobile Version of Website