Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Author Message
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 17:13 Quote

Resurrecting this thread.

I bought this Troy as a complete GX LTD build and kept only the frame/shock, headset & wheelset. It isn't light. Eek

It has the invisiframe kit as well as a tooled rear axle by the robert axle project to keep the rear width in check. The chainstays are shapely, but the seatstays are W I D E >>>.

I got read because it was the only color in stock at devinci at the time. Before seeing it in person, I would've ranked it third of the three available colors. After seeing all three colors in person, I think it's my favorite. I really like the subtle branding.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
incubus wrote:
Resurrecting this thread.

I bought this Troy as a complete GX LTD build and kept only the frame/shock, headset & wheelset. It isn't light. Eek

It has the invisiframe kit as well as a tooled rear axle by the robert axle project to keep the rear width in check. The chainstays are shapely, but the seatstays are W I D E >>>.

I got read because it was the only color in stock at devinci at the time. Before seeing it in person, I would've ranked it third of the three available colors. After seeing all three colors in person, I think it's my favorite. I really like the subtle branding.

I have the same bike same color GX LTD 29er (stock), went back and forth and decided on red, which i really like even better in person. It's my 3rd Troy first 29er and it handles very well, climbs great, corners great (was worried) very impressed...and everyone can see me when i come bombing down a trail Smile

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
Loving this bike more every day. Finally getting the fork and shock where I want them. Took so many adjustments and trail and error. Adjusting air pressure in the tires and shock/fork are the key to tuning them right. I've settled on 19/24 psi in the tires on EXO+ casings, and 63/150 in the fork/shock with one spacer in each.
I weigh in at 150 with gear. That gave me 27-30% sag.
Worth mentioning is that both the shock and fork were riding much better after the 50 hour service. I put in new seals in both, with Racing Bros in the fork.

I think the shock is good enough right now, though I know it can be better and I'm eventually going to get a Cane Creek on there, just haven't decided on coil or air. Leaning toward air since she's more of trail bike than DH.

Here she is in Moab.


Posted: May 18, 2019 at 4:19 Quote
Picked this up last week, 2018 Troy alu

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 0:10 Quote

Loving my Django. Much more capable than I was expecting for its spec

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
Some new squish on the rear of my spartan


Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
Some new squish on the rear of my spartan


Sweeet! How it ride with the coil compared to air?

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 0:16 Quote
Abacall wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
Some new squish on the rear of my spartan


Sweeet! How it ride with the coil compared to air?

I’d like to be able to tell you but since fitting it the heavens have opened and I’ve only had a 6 mile rain sodden ride on it on tracks I’m not super familiar with so can’t really compare at this time. Hoping to get some time on my locals this weekend for a proper test!

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
Nice! I can’t wait to ditch the RS shock. Trying to decide between coil or air. Been leaning toward air, but would be nice to hear what you think.

I’m in Braşov, Romania right now. So sick out here...


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 12:04 Quote

Ended up going with the Super Deluxe in the rear, which seems to be more consistent on the longer decents

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Nice! I can’t wait to ditch the RS shock. Trying to decide between coil or air. Been leaning toward air, but would be nice to hear what you think.

I’m in Braşov, Romania right now. So sick out here...


I’d probably go the Vorsprung tracrive tube on your air shock. Totally changes it. I have both a Vorsprung tune and a coil and the coil is only better for ultimate sensitivity or long long runs, which we don’t have many of.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
DPX2 is a great match on the new Troy. Feels amazing. I immediately swapped out the stock RS so can't compare, but super pleased with mine. I initially wanted an X2, but it doesn't come in the correct metric trunnion mount size unfortunately. However I'm not disappointed with what I got.


What did you do for your BB, spindle length and wheels (rear hub specifically) to get a good chainline on a shimano 11sp drivetrain with the superboost 157 rear? I'm building my Troy up, and have been thinking about those Next R cranks.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 4:59 Quote
skihutscott wrote:
What did you do for your BB, spindle length and wheels (rear hub specifically) to get a good chainline on a shimano 11sp drivetrain with the superboost 157 rear? I'm building my Troy up, and have been thinking about those Next R cranks.

BB is just a standard threaded 73mm BSA bb (30mm in this case for Raceface cinch). Spindle is the super boost spindle offered by raceface. And rear hub is just a DT 240 157 DH hub. 157 DH and super boost 157 are the exact same spacing. Only difference between the 2 is that the hub flanges on the super boost hub are a little wider, theoretically to create a stiffer wheel. But if standard 157 DH is good enough for my downhill bike, then I have no problems running it on a trail bike. Stiffness of the rear wheel is not an issue (which may also be a result of the stiff carbon rim). With a standard Raceface cinch DM ring, chainline seems about perfect. I'm running the crank spaced as close to the drive side chainstay as possible (with 32t ring) for optimal chainline in the low gears.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
My LBS says the ONEUP BASH doesn't fit the Spartan 29 with SuperBoost 157?
Anyone tried it out? Or does anyone have a recommendation?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 7:33 Quote
No experience with the oneup bashguard, but why wouldn't it fit? I'm running a blackspire taco bash on my Troy with superboost with no issues. Just needed to use some additional washers to space it out.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025964
Mobile Version of Website