Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
ogoflowgo wrote:
My LBS says the ONEUP BASH doesn't fit the Spartan 29 with SuperBoost 157?
Anyone tried it out? Or does anyone have a recommendation?

Yeah, that’s dumb. Any bash guard should work with the correct spacers. I’m running an MRP SXg that has been on all sorts of bikes, including the Spartan 29.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
ogoflowgo wrote:

I had to put small spacers on my Django to get my One Up chain guide to line up right. You should just need a little larger spacer for your 157.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
ogoflowgo wrote:

Where’s your local?

The Spartan and Troy pivots side wiiiide, but all they need to do is run spacers to move it out. I’ve been running One Up’s 100% perfect on two different Spartans.

You need about 3mm spacers at ISCG and then nearly max spacers (so long bolt option) on the top chain guide.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
heinous wrote:
ogoflowgo wrote:

Where’s your local?

The Spartan and Troy pivots side wiiiide, but all they need to do is run spacers to move it out. I’ve been running One Up’s 100% perfect on two different Spartans.

You need about 3mm spacers at ISCG and then nearly max spacers (so long bolt option) on the top chain guide.

^^^this is essentially what I did on my Troy^^^

I needed to source a 20mm bolt (long bolt is 15mm) and use one or two additional bird shaped spacers that I had as spares. I was getting rubbing on the outboard side of the chain otherwise.

I am running Shimano 11 speed, so the increased width of an 11 speed chain may be to blame here.

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 10:25 Quote
Yeah I figured just spacers would work. But I think their concern is that with the correct spacing that would put the bash in line with the ring is a pretty far gap and there would be too much force on the posts if I smacked it hard and it might break. They tell me the MRP one will fit better. Smacking the guard shouldn't happen often anyway, it's just precautionary, so maybe I'll fit up the Oneup anyway. It is a fair distance, 20mm from center ring/chain line to flush with ISCG mounts

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
After reaching 1K I started a tear down and rebuild. Full service and tunes on the shock and fork from Dirtlabs, tension check on wheels (all good), clean/lube all pivots and bearings, bleed brakes, new cables... Tore it down and rebuilt.

I was really surprised to find that more than 1/2 the bearings were gritty and definitely not doing well. Just a heads-up. If you're near the 1K mark, check your frame bearings. I just ordered a new set to go in.

photo

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
Abacall wrote:
After reaching 1K I started a tear down and rebuild. Full service and tunes on the shock and fork from Dirtlabs, tension check on wheels (all good), clean/lube all pivots and bearings, bleed brakes, new cables... Tore it down and rebuilt.

I was really surprised to find that more than 1/2 the bearings were gritty and definitely not doing well. Just a heads-up. If you're near the 1K mark, check your frame bearings. I just ordered a new set to go in.

photo

I’ve found the main rocker pivot and trunnion mounts to be the worst. There seems to be quite a lot of side force in that area

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
Yeah, me too, I’m annoyed I didn’t pop the seals and pack em with good grease first time round.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 19:40 Quote
Yeah, it doesn’t seem to be from load, more like contamination. Who knows, I’ll pop em open when I toss in the new set and let y’all know. The only ones that were still smooth were drive side seat stay and dropout.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 18:01 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
skihutscott wrote:
What did you do for your BB, spindle length and wheels (rear hub specifically) to get a good chainline on a shimano 11sp drivetrain with the superboost 157 rear? I'm building my Troy up, and have been thinking about those Next R cranks.

BB is just a standard threaded 73mm BSA bb (30mm in this case for Raceface cinch). Spindle is the super boost spindle offered by raceface. And rear hub is just a DT 240 157 DH hub. 157 DH and super boost 157 are the exact same spacing. Only difference between the 2 is that the hub flanges on the super boost hub are a little wider, theoretically to create a stiffer wheel. But if standard 157 DH is good enough for my downhill bike, then I have no problems running it on a trail bike. Stiffness of the rear wheel is not an issue (which may also be a result of the stiff carbon rim). With a standard Raceface cinch DM ring, chainline seems about perfect. I'm running the crank spaced as close to the drive side chainstay as possible (with 32t ring) for optimal chainline in the low gears.

I ordered a 143.5 spindle. We will see how it goes, and pictures will be posted when complete. Thanks for the info.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
Can't wait to try this thing with the new coil shock

Devinci Troy 29

Devinci Troy 29

Devinci Troy 29

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
2019 Devinci Troy Carbon 29

Shimano XT brakes and 11sp drivetrain, Carbon Race Face cranks and 36mm hoops. So fun to ride!

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
Sweet Troys!
Quick update on my experience with getting the suspension of my Spartan 29 dialed. After 1K miles and tweaking I gave up on adjusting it to work right. I gave Dirtlabs the Lyrik and Super Deluxe to work some magic.
They played with the damping, neg air, and rebound a bit and the Super Deluxe is running great now. Much happier.
On the other hand, the Lyrik is still not great. That mid-stroke support on repeated fast hits just can't be tuned in. Don't get me wrong, it's a great fork, and I think it works great 80% of the time, but on steep terrain where the hits just keep coming, it just doesn't have that support I'm after. After talking to Dirtlabs for a bit, there are some options to help, but by their own admittance, it'll never feel like a 36.
So, I sucked it up and ordered a Fox 36, 170, 44 offset. We'll see how that fares.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Sweet Troys!
Quick update on my experience with getting the suspension of my Spartan 29 dialed. After 1K miles and tweaking I gave up on adjusting it to work right. I gave Dirtlabs the Lyrik and Super Deluxe to work some magic.
They played with the damping, neg air, and rebound a bit and the Super Deluxe is running great now. Much happier.
On the other hand, the Lyrik is still not great. That mid-stroke support on repeated fast hits just can't be tuned in. Don't get me wrong, it's a great fork, and I think it works great 80% of the time, but on steep terrain where the hits just keep coming, it just doesn't have that support I'm after. After talking to Dirtlabs for a bit, there are some options to help, but by their own admittance, it'll never feel like a 36.
So, I sucked it up and ordered a Fox 36, 170, 44 offset. We'll see how that fares.

I'm running the 170mm 36 on my Spartan. It's good, but struggles to keep up with my PUSH. I'd never expected that, but I'm noticing how much more traction the back has than the front now.

I'll probably coil convert the 36 sometime soon.

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
Hi guys, I want to upgrade my deluxe rear shock, with coil, any suggestions?

Also what tune should I look for?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022468
Mobile Version of Website