Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Author Message
Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
Hi guys, I want to upgrade my deluxe rear shock, with coil, any suggestions?

Also what tune should I look for?

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 14:56 Quote
DHX2 - they have no base tune so you can set up as you want. Or an EXT - I nearly went fro one, really well priced.

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 23:42 Quote
My spartan 27 has been plowing its way through the Andorran Pyrenees this week.


Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
flowridersgr wrote:
Hi guys, I want to upgrade my deluxe rear shock, with coil, any suggestions?

Also what tune should I look for?

I'm a big fan of the Cane Creek. Super adjustable, great support, rock solid, awesome performance.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
My spartan 27 has been plowing its way through the Andorran Pyrenees this week.


How's the new super deluxe ultimate? i've been looking into coils for my Spartan 29 but I'm a bit worried about how often I might bottom it out

I currently run the stock super deluxe air at 30% sag (seated) with 2.5 spacers and am using full travel every ride

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
etm94 wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
My spartan 27 has been plowing its way through the Andorran Pyrenees this week.


How's the new super deluxe ultimate? i've been looking into coils for my Spartan 29 but I'm a bit worried about how often I might bottom it out

I currently run the stock super deluxe air at 30% sag (seated) with 2.5 spacers and am using full travel every ride

I like it, im currently using a 500lbs spring, weigh around 95kg kitted up, gets me close to that 30% sag mark, Main improvements for me were in off camber situations and it seems more composed in the choppy stuff. I think it depends on riding style, turns it into more of a plow machine than a poppy playful ride. Which suits me as i like to stay on the ground. Sending isnt my strong suit. I think i use most rear travel on the regular but never noticed an harsh bottom outs.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
DHeb wrote:
Can't wait to try this thing with the new coil shock

Devinci Troy 29

Devinci Troy 29

Devinci Troy 29

What size rear shock is that? Also, if you can, give a report on how it rides with the coil out back?

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
etm94 wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
My spartan 27 has been plowing its way through the Andorran Pyrenees this week.


How's the new super deluxe ultimate? i've been looking into coils for my Spartan 29 but I'm a bit worried about how often I might bottom it out

I currently run the stock super deluxe air at 30% sag (seated) with 2.5 spacers and am using full travel every ride


Sounds like you need more air. What's your weight and pressure?

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
wheelza wrote:
DHeb wrote:
Can't wait to try this thing with the new coil shock

Devinci Troy 29

Devinci Troy 29

Devinci Troy 29

What size rear shock is that? Also, if you can, give a report on how it rides with the coil out back?

It’s the original sizing so 185x52.5 with a 2.25" coil. So far it’s amazing, the bike feel 100 times more alive, much more control on the rear end at the beginning of the stroke. I definitely won’t go back with an air shock!

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 12:08 Quote

The build so far

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 15:23 Quote
bret56 wrote:

The build so far

Nice! Check the clearance on the tube, I tried mine like that and it rubbed. But I have the 29er so...

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
Abacall wrote:
bret56 wrote:

The build so far

Nice! Check the clearance on the tube, I tried mine like that and it rubbed. But I have the 29er so...

I checked. No clearance issue. Thanks for the heads up tho!

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
That’s awesome, great place to put it.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
what are you spartan owners finding for sag and pressures that have been working well? starting to dial in the suspension and finding that 30% in the rear with the stock 1 spacer is NOT enough bottom out support. had to put in 2.5 spacers at 30% sag to not bottom out, but find it a little bit spikey at full travel.

i am 5'8 and 175-180lbs ish geared up. tried running 160-165psi and that gives me 30% with the 2.5 tokens but is also super soft. feels better at 180 psi and 2 spacers, about 25-27% sag and feels more supported and no spike on full travel. 1 click from full fast on rebound. find this shock being a light rebound tune feels way better almost full fast.

and as for my lyrik ultimate up front im running 82psi and 1 token and feels very supported and stable, less sqish than the recomended 65-75psi. 2 clicks hsc, 4 clicks lsc, and 8 clicks of rebound dampening from full fast.

just seeing what everyone is having luck with

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
The stock shock is pretty average. I had my Spartan 29 shock Tractive tuned and it was much better. I still went coil and am running a little less sag at 25%.

It’s way better - pedals great, lifts the bb slightly and rides like a different bike.

My Spartan 27 was the same - I’ve founder the Super Deluxe rubbish on every bike I’ve ridden.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018557
Mobile Version of Website