Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:16 Quote
heinous wrote:
The stock shock is pretty average. I had my Spartan 29 shock Tractive tuned and it was much better. I still went coil and am running a little less sag at 25%.

It’s way better - pedals great, lifts the bb slightly and rides like a different bike.

My Spartan 27 was the same - I’ve founder the Super Deluxe rubbish on every bike I’ve ridden.

Interesting. I found the same with my norco range. The coil made it way better and more livley and poppy. But it pedalled very soft.

Do u prefer the coil over the tractive tune? And what coil?

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
I’m running a Push. It was supplied for my Spartan 27 and I swapped it to the 29. It’s not technically supported but the kinematic is so similar it seems within the tuning range.

I found the Tractive tune fantastic but will add one more volume reducer. I would like to spend more time swapping them but left the coil in for winter for the traction.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:32 Quote
heinous wrote:
I’m running a Push. It was supplied for my Spartan 27 and I swapped it to the 29. It’s not technically supported but the kinematic is so similar it seems within the tuning range.

I found the Tractive tune fantastic but will add one more volume reducer. I would like to spend more time swapping them but left the coil in for winter for the traction.

Thanks for the info. Dis u loose any playfulness with the coil? Or on flatter sections do u find when putting in pedal strokes to gain speed it sucks all the energy from being so soft?

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
No, not set up right. If it’s ‘soft’ enough to have good traction it will accelerate better, but it’s easy for riders to confuse actual acceleration with the feeling of speed that comes with bouncing around.

I think there’s just as much playfulness but more control - the midstroke is usable.

It does depend on riding style I guess. I’m off next month for 2 weeks riding BC so that should answer any questions.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
heinous wrote:
No, not set up right. If it’s ‘soft’ enough to have good traction it will accelerate better, but it’s easy for riders to confuse actual acceleration with the feeling of speed that comes with bouncing around.

I think there’s just as much playfulness but more control - the midstroke is usable.

It does depend on riding style I guess. I’m off next month for 2 weeks riding BC so that should answer any questions.

That all makes total sense, im in north van BC so its my backyard that 95% of my riding is done.

Thanks for all the info

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 17:50 Quote
I’ll be landing in North Van and headed from there. Can’t wait to explore.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
hello team D,

I'm building up my 1st new bike in 10+ years ( what a MTB tech learning curve, Holy Crap! )
Well, new to me, to be clear.

1st Devinci
1st bike with anything but 26" wheels since i was 12..
1st 1x Drive train
1st 10sp DT (Br new 10sp. DT parts donated to the build - gotta manage costs somewhere!)
1st contemporary/proper all carbon fiber bike frame (i do have an EPX Terrashark i'm restoring soon....)

I purchased this 2017 Troy carbon frame in March from another Pinkbiker, for a great price. It was/is in excellent shape, i counted a total of 5 shallow chips/scratches in total on the frame...

ARRIVAL!
New to me 2017 Devinci Troy arrives
I've been steadily collecting parts + a few specialty tools, and learning how MTB tech has changed since I built my last bike up in 2009... it was a steep curve!

DT Protection
custom Vinyl DT protector. this is 1 16 in thick vinyl marine upholstery material in a carbon fiber embossed pattern I cut to fit the assymetric frame DT and then used 3m adhesive to attach securely..

I also took the oppty to upgrade as many parts as i could while searching for what i really needed to complete the build, most of the upgrade parts were purchased used : Enve carbon riser, Monarch Plus Rc3 w RWC roller pivot, all titanium hardware, Pike Upgraded to 160mm + air spring upgrade & Enduro seals, Carbon 27.5r / 29 ft....( Mulletized! ) Hope V4 / E4 combo...& I did a little custom clear coat on the alloy bits to add a hint of color in the right lighting to a clean basic black and white color scheme, .

Custom clear on alloy parts..
Rainbow Metal flake clear went on all the alloy parts... i overdid the metalflake clear on the linkage .. that s why it looks different... The effect is very subtle you don t see it unless you are looking for it or catch the part in the right light and angle for the flakes to pop... took this pic 7 times to get one that showed the color.

Just a cpl pics here for now,...the build has taken 5 months so far (Post Divorce economic recovery still ongoing...) & its nearly done.

more parts, fitment testing, getting anxious....starting to look rideable almost..
jus playin around tryin to get an idea what it ll sit like with tires and on 27.5 29 wheels hence the stacked tape rolls under the front whl.

....considering doing a build thread detailing everything that went into building this, including: the budget, where i find new and used parts for great prices, MTB tech learning curve adapting my 2008 mechanic skills and understanding of common systems today that didn't exist to me when i built my last bikes..10 yrs ago..

opinions? .

I'm super excited to ride it,... with luck it'll hit the dirt again for its second stage of life under my phat ass this weekend ;-)

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 5:30 Quote
bret56 wrote:
what are you spartan owners finding for sag and pressures that have been working well? starting to dial in the suspension and finding that 30% in the rear with the stock 1 spacer is NOT enough bottom out support. had to put in 2.5 spacers at 30% sag to not bottom out, but find it a little bit spikey at full travel.

i am 5'8 and 175-180lbs ish geared up. tried running 160-165psi and that gives me 30% with the 2.5 tokens but is also super soft. feels better at 180 psi and 2 spacers, about 25-27% sag and feels more supported and no spike on full travel. 1 click from full fast on rebound. find this shock being a light rebound tune feels way better almost full fast.

and as for my lyrik ultimate up front im running 82psi and 1 token and feels very supported and stable, less sqish than the recomended 65-75psi. 2 clicks hsc, 4 clicks lsc, and 8 clicks of rebound dampening from full fast.

just seeing what everyone is having luck with

Agreed, the stock SD never felt right to me either. I had Dirtlabs do a custom tune on it and it’s way, way better. On the custom tune I’m running body weight, 1 spacer, 4 from full fast.
And the Lyrik was always weird too. Never supportive enough in the mid stroke. Took it to Dirlabs too, though they said due to the Newer charger, tuning was very limited. Bit the bullet and went with the 36, and stoked and that fork.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
Major grip and feel upgrade.
Fox 36 factory
Dirtlabs custom tuned RS super deluxe
Assegai max grip double down 2.5
Aggressor max terra double down 2.5
Cushcore lite
Revgrips pro

Still dialing this setup in. Bike is riding considerably different. Definitely less snap (added almost a full pound to each wheel), but still pedals well. I just need to get in better shape.
I’ll probably drop the Cushcore from the front wheel though. I was riding exo+ for a bit, but kept getting pinch flats. Hence the beefier tire setup.
Absolutely smashes technical, steep, loose, nasty terrain. Unreal how much more planted it feels. No more pinging off stuff, you can still feel everything but it stays on line.

photo
photo

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Major grip and feel upgrade.
Fox 36 factory
Dirtlabs custom tuned RS super deluxe
Assegai max grip double down 2.5
Aggressor max terra double down 2.5
Cushcore lite
Revgrips pro

Still dialing this setup in. Bike is riding considerably different. Definitely less snap (added almost a full pound to each wheel), but still pedals well. I just need to get in better shape.
I’ll probably drop the Cushcore from the front wheel though. I was riding exo+ for a bit, but kept getting pinch flats. Hence the beefier tire setup.
Absolutely smashes technical, steep, loose, nasty terrain. Unreal how much more planted it feels. No more pinging off stuff, you can still feel everything but it stays on line.

photo

just gorgeous!...
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
When getting parts for my 2018 Cr Django i thought blue would look great with the yellow/green but changed my mind. I regret not going with more blue parts a bit more now.

How's she ride with that sweet wheel set?

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
Doogie711 wrote:
When getting parts for my 2018 Cr Django i thought blue would look great with the yellow/green but changed my mind. I regret not going with more blue parts a bit more now.

How's she ride with that sweet wheel set?

The wheels are great! I never had a wheelset with a high engagement like these before. I really like it.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
Here's my devinci hectik 2010 after upgrading from a worn out fox 36
photo

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 17:43 Quote
White Horse, North Conway NH
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017401
Mobile Version of Website