Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 8:58 Quote

2016 troy carbon.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 5:20 Quote
So Devinici quietly dropped the new Django this week... Looks like a real winner to me. Might be time to add a short travel ripper to the stable Smile

http://www.devinci.com/hello/455

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
Abacall wrote:
So Devinici quietly dropped the new Django this week... Looks like a real winner to me. Might be time to add a short travel ripper to the stable Smile

Agreed! Looks fantastic. Already have the frame on order. Going to be a great replacement for my current Django. Planning a lightweight xc oriented build that should come in well under 25 lbs.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
Meanwhile I’m in a dilemma, trying to decide if I want to mullet my spartan or not? Have a front end I can lend so it’s a tempting proposition! Then wen I do want to frame swap at some point I’ll almost be ready for full 29’er.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Abacall wrote:

Agreed! Looks fantastic. Already have the frame on order. Going to be a great replacement for my current Django. Planning a lightweight xc oriented build that should come in well under 25 lbs.

Their factory spec's still say it comes in at 30lbs...My 2019 Troy is 31lbs. Not sure i understand their thought process.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
30 lbs with a heavy build. The weight of a bike is pretty much always in the build with usually only a pound or less up or down the result of actual frame weight.

Having said that, the 2019 Troy frame is pretty heavy, mine is right around 30lbs with an enduro worthy although not heavy build. The 2019 is actually heavier than previous versions.

I have a 2018 Django built up with a lightweight build that comes in barely under 25lbs. They claim the new Django shaves 300 grams off my current frame. So a 24-25 lbs build is for sure possible (if their claims of a 300 gram weight saving is correct).

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
lblizzard wrote:
freerider11 wrote:
Abacall wrote:

Their factory spec's still say it comes in at 30lbs...My 2019 Troy is 31lbs. Not sure i understand their thought process.

The frame should be lighter, since it's all carbon now.
The new Django looks way more like a ripper of a bike, not nearly as xc oriented as the last. Anything under 28 feels like it pings around too much for my taste. Weight around 30 is perfect, in my opinion.

I think I'm going to build burly, aiming for the 31 mark. I have a Lyrik 150 that's looking for a good home Smile

What I want to know is if that black is straight black, or has purple sparkles in it?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
Agreed on 30ish lbs being the sweet spot for an all mountain/enduro bike in that any less and it doesn't feel as stable. Obviously the weight of the rider plays into this too with a lighter rider being able to get away comfortably with a lighter bike. But imo 30 is way too heavy for an xc/trail bike. Which is what the Django is for me. Way too much work on the climbs and rolling up and down smooth'ish terrain we have here in Ontario to muscle a 30+ lb bike around. It's pretty evident when I take the Troy out on local XC rides that I'm putting out alot more effort and going slower (except on the downhills).

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:29 Quote
Abacall wrote:
What I want to know is if that black is straight black, or has purple sparkles in it?

Apparently purple sparkles in it. I guess that's why it's called "Black Mystery". Because in certain light it appears to have a purple tint to it. Not sure how I feel about it yet...

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 5:23 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Agreed on 30ish lbs being the sweet spot for an all mountain/enduro bike in that any less and it doesn't feel as stable. Obviously the weight of the rider plays into this too with a lighter rider being able to get away comfortably with a lighter bike. But imo 30 is way too heavy for an xc/trail bike. Which is what the Django is for me. Way too much work on the climbs and rolling up and down smooth'ish terrain we have here in Ontario to muscle a 30+ lb bike around. It's pretty evident when I take the Troy out on local XC rides that I'm putting out alot more effort and going slower (except on the downhills).

Totally hear that, and I would be totally ok if it came in under 30 with a good solid (not eye-watering expensive) build. Stoked to see how yours shapes up!
Ordering mine tonight. Frame up.

freerider11 wrote:
Abacall wrote:

Apparently purple sparkles in it. I guess that's why it's called "Black Mystery". Because in certain light it appears to have a purple tint to it. Not sure how I feel about it yet...

Oooh... I really like how the purple spartan had that greenish sparkle to it. Looked eerie in the right light.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 4:58 Quote
Something arrived today... Smile

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
Very exciting! Looking forward to seeing it built up.
I’m very curious as to why they moved away from a trunnion mount shock on the new Django.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 5:08 Quote
Nice! Also looking forward to the build.

Mine is also in at the shop, just been too busy to get over there to pick it up! Slowly getting the parts together for my build so will be a few weeks yet most likely.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
@Abacall (or anyone else that might have a 2020 Django in their possession): Do you know what rear brake mount it has? Is it a 160 or 180 post mount? Had planned on swapping my 160 rotor over from the current Django, but looking at pics, I think it might be a 180 direct mount, so I'd need to order a new rotor...

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
@Abacall (or anyone else that might have a 2020 Django in their possession): Do you know what rear brake mount it has? Is it a 160 or 180 post mount? Had planned on swapping my 160 rotor over from the current Django, but looking at pics, I think it might be a 180 direct mount, so I'd need to order a new rotor...

180, can confirm.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010762
Mobile Version of Website