PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
Stuff came in for the Django...
photo

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
'20 Django is built, pics to come. 31.5 lbs, definitely built on the heavy side:

Lyrik fork (150)
Saint M820 brakes 203/180
Raceface AR35 on Formula hubs (for now)
Assegai 2.5 Exo+, DHR2 2.5 Exo+
GX Eagle drivetrain
OneUp 170 post
OneUp pedals
Deity Skywire/copperhead

Haven't ridden it on trail yet, still recovering from a heavy crash a couple weeks ago. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to shave off more than 3 lbs with lighter fork, drivetrain, tires, brakes, and wheelset.

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
That's a heavy duty build! Sounds fun. No pictures?

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
xlcheese wrote:
photo

photo

That looks deadlyyyy

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Something arrived today... Smile

photo

photo

ahhhh that new bike box smell......!!!

congrats!!

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Anyone know the dropper insertion of a medium 29 spartan carbon?

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 7:33 Quote
No sure, but I got a 170
danielwest330 wrote:
Anyone know the dropper insertion of a medium 29 spartan carbon?

Not sure, but I got a 170 Oneup on there with room to spare, and I'm 5'8". It was able to completely bottom out, so it's at least 245.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
First pic, just haven't had time to take any good ones yet. About 40 miles on it now, still dialing it in. Swapped the Maxxis for WTB 2.6 Vigilante/TrailBoss combo.
The Deity Skywire, Copperhead, Knuckledusters cockpit is awesome.
Better pics coming... eventually.
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 5:14 Quote
Nice. How you liking it as compared to your Spartan?

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 5:45 Quote
Completely different ride. Again, I'm still tuning in the suspension so it's kind of hard to nail down an impression yet.
So far the rear suspension feels great. Efficient, supple, soaks up small-medium sized chatter, great acceleration, eager as hell to pop off stuff. No harsh bottom-out events, but it uses full travel regularly.
Handling's a bit weird still, with some push from the front end at times, but that might be the tires. The front does wander on steep climbs, but I do have a 150 fork on there. Reach feels perfect, chainstay length is great, seat angle spot on, overall I think they nailed the geo for an aggressive trail bike. The frame feels stiff and precise without feeling overly stiff (which the Spartan can at times), and the rear stays clears my heels and shoes without rub.
The finish is excellent, great paint and cable routing is great. The rear bridge under the shock can be a little of a PIA, but it's fine one you get used to how to use it.
I think "fun" would be the best word to describe it. It likes to pop or plow, takes small-medium sized hits well, encourages playful riding style. One review I read mentioned that it rides bigger that it should, until you push too far, where it's suspension can't really handle the bigger stuff. I agree with that. It can't quite handle the big stuff, but that's what the Spartan's for.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Completely different ride. Again, I'm still tuning in the suspension so it's kind of hard to nail down an impression yet.
So far the rear suspension feels great. Efficient, supple, soaks up small-medium sized chatter, great acceleration, eager as hell to pop off stuff. No harsh bottom-out events, but it uses full travel regularly.
Handling's a bit weird still, with some push from the front end at times, but that might be the tires. The front does wander on steep climbs, but I do have a 150 fork on there. Reach feels perfect, chainstay length is great, seat angle spot on, overall I think they nailed the geo for an aggressive trail bike. The frame feels stiff and precise without feeling overly stiff (which the Spartan can at times), and the rear stays clears my heels and shoes without rub.
The finish is excellent, great paint and cable routing is great. The rear bridge under the shock can be a little of a PIA, but it's fine one you get used to how to use it.
I think "fun" would be the best word to describe it. It likes to pop or plow, takes small-medium sized hits well, encourages playful riding style. One review I read mentioned that it rides bigger that it should, until you push too far, where it's suspension can't really handle the bigger stuff. I agree with that. It can't quite handle the big stuff, but that's what the Spartan's for.

Sounds great man! Thanks for taking the time to post your opinion of it. Agreed, the paint is awesome, and love the cable routing. Pretty anxious to get mine out for its first ride. 2 things holding me back still, dropper post just got back from warranty so can get it installed now, and I'm waiting on hub end caps to make the 150 hub I'm using super boost 157 compatible. I should have that today or tomorrow. Hopefully a first ride on it this weekend!

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 5:51 Quote
Finally got the Django built. Heavier than expected at 25.3 lbs, with xc tires and minus the bottle/cage, oneup EDC and oneup pump. I'm skeptical of the claims that this frame is 300 grams lighter than the previous gen (I forgot to weigh it before I started building). My previous Django was 24.9 lbs, and I essentially moved the entire build over, except 180mm rotors and front adapter instead of 160, super boost crank spindle, threaded bb instead of the light PF one, and 157 DT 240 hub instead of the 148 one. Everything else is the exact same, so I would have expected it to be lighter, not heaver. Oh well, not too bothered.

Got out for a quick shakedown ride last night. Feels very similar to the previous Django, just with a more upright pedaling position which is nice. Agreed that it's very poppy just like the last one and pedals very well. Need to do some fiddling with the rear shock as I felt it didn't quite soak up the small bumps the way I wanted it to, felt a little harsh. I'm sure I can improve this by playing with air pressures, volume spacers and compression settings. Surprisingly feels quite a bit different from my Troy. The Troy is way more plush and forgiving for only having 20mm more travel, and the pedaling position is slacker and doesn't go up hill nearly as well, for those that were thinking the Django was essentially the same as a Troy, it's not.

Looking forward to getting more time in on it this weekend.

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
Super nice! I had the same impression from the rear shock. It's so small that tiny changes in air pressure yield large changes. It also got smoother around the 50 mi. mark.
I bumped up the pressure and tokens in the Lyrik last night, going for a ride today to check it out.
Funny how we have the same frame and they're 5 lbs apart!
Oh, and the frame should definitely fit 2.8" maxxis tires. Plenty of room with WTB 2.6", which are really close to Maxxis 2.8"
Where'd you get the wheel stickers? Want!

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Super nice! I had the same impression from the rear shock. It's so small that tiny changes in air pressure yield large changes. It also got smoother around the 50 mi. mark.
I bumped up the pressure and tokens in the Lyrik last night, going for a ride today to check it out.
Funny how we have the same frame and they're 5 lbs apart!
Oh, and the frame should definitely fit 2.8" maxxis tires. Plenty of room with WTB 2.6", which are really close to Maxxis 2.8"
Where'd you get the wheel stickers? Want!

Yeah, I suspect the rear will break in a bit after a few more rides and get a little softer. Just didn't feel quite as smooth as my previous Django. I'll do some playing around with settings after some more break in time and see if I can get it any better. It's not bad by any means, I just think it can be better still.

We have same frame, but very different builds. Mine is very much an xc build with light weight parts all around (XTR drivetrain and race brakes, Next SL G5 crank, xc tires, 240 hubs on light carbon rims/cxray spokes, carbon saddle, etc.) Infact, I don't think I could get it any lighter even if I did want to throw a bunch more money at it, short of starting to replace bolts with Ti ones. And yeah, plenty of tire clearance. The 2.25 xc Schwalbes I've got on there look tiny between the stays.

Wheel stickers I made myself and had Slik Graphics print them. Have the same ones on my Troy and my Wilson. Easy to whip something up and send it over to them, just give them the rim dimensions so they can size the decals to your rims. Let me know if you want the vector graphics files of the Devinci logos if you're thinking of doing the same, I can send them over to you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021153
Mobile Version of Website