Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
Nice Django, looks like a super fun bike! Wondering if anyone could give a bit of advice, Im looking at grabbing a troy for my next bike and having trouble deciding between 29 and 27.5. All my bikes in the past have been 27.5, and I like my trailbikes to be jibby/playful, but the 29 troy looks like it would rip. Has anyone tried both that could give me ride impressions of the bikes? Can the 29er still cutty and job around or is it more of a plow and rail kind of bike?

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 16:59 Quote
Not the Troy, but I’ve had both Spartans (current model). 29 is so much better all round I haven’t once missed 27.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 23:00 Quote
Anyone ordered a new wilson 2020 by any chance?

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
heinous wrote:
Not the Troy, but I’ve had both Spartans (current model). 29 is so much better all round I haven’t once missed 27.

Yeah people ive talked to who switched tell me its way better. Might have to go for 29 then! thanks for the input

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
aceface17 wrote:
heinous wrote:

Yeah people ive talked to who switched tell me its way better. Might have to go for 29 then! thanks for the input

Same here. I have/had 27.5 and 29 Spartan, and a 27.5 Marshall and 29 Django. If you fit the 29, go for it. Still super playful and fun. Though I’ve never tried the 29 Troy.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 4:52 Quote
I've had the last couple versions of Troy 27.5 and now have a Troy 29. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the playfulness of the 29. To me it's just as playful and poppy as the 27.5 version. The 29 does feel like it's a bigger burlier bike than the 27.5 though, feels like it has more travel than the last couple 27.5 bikes I've had and feels like it's much more composed at speed in difficult terrain. It is for sure a longer and heavier bike. The 27.5 versions I've had doubled as an XC bike for me, but the 29 Troy is a bit much for XC (for my xc terrain at least) so I've also been on a 29 Django for xc duties for a couple years now and keep the Troy for when I visit places that require more bike. I think I've mentioned this a couple times earlier in the thread, but really the only situations where I feel the 27.5 version performed better than the 29 is in tight switchbacks both up and down. The 29 Troy is noticeably harder to muscle around tight corners in these situations. But other than that I'd say the 29 outperforms in almost every other way for any type of terrain that needs a bit more travel. My suggestion for the area you live, go 29.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
Anyone know the headset for the new Django? I’m assuming the regular zs44/56 combo.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 4:46 Quote
Can confirm the bottom is a ZS56 as I had to replace the bottom cup with something taller in order to use the 34SC and preserve original geometry. I'm 99% sure the top is a 44 (as that's what it's been on past Devinci frames I've owned), but you should be able to measure to confirm.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 5:02 Quote
Perfect, thanks!

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Anyone know the headset for the new Django? I’m assuming the regular zs44/56 combo.

Original headset;

Upper: ZS44/28
Lower: ZS56/40

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
Thanks! Ordering an angle set from CK to slack out the Django a little.
Was also wondering if I can squeeze a longer stroke shock back there to eek out a couple more mm of travel.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
Sorry, duplicate post.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
Hi, I just bought a 2018 Aluminum Spartan for my son to race enduro next year. Fit was great for a medium and the geometry was perfect. What concerns me is the amount of lateral flex I can feel where the linkage bolts attach to uppertrunnion shockmount. I hold the upper shock mount with my hand over the trunnion mount and then grab the rear wheel and flex it back and forth. Seems like all the lateral force would going straight into the shock body and put a tone of stress on the trunnion bolts and shock shaft.
Have any of you had or heard of any premature rear shock wear or failure? Maybe it's not an issue. Cheers

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
Nothing with the shock in 1800 (rough) miles, but the upper rocker arm bearings are loose in the socket. I need to get a hold of Devinci and hopefully get the rocker replaced.
The bearings of the entire rear swingarm also wore a lot faster than expected. At 1k almost all were toast.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013315
Mobile Version of Website