Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
I found the bearings relatively poor quality. Replaced with better ones and have been more reliable.

It’s always worth stripping, greasing and re assembling and torque-ing the rear end on bikes. I’d do that, then see how it is.
Forces being ridden are different - like the old push the BB with your foot test, this doesn’t necessarily mean much.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 19:52 Quote
Also both upper shock bolts say 1nm torque. That couldn't possibly be right. The rest say 14nm, What torque do you guys have? Thanks a lot for the responses. Cheers

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 21:52 Quote
Jonzi wrote:
Also both upper shock bolts say 1nm torque. That couldn't possibly be right. The rest say 14nm, What torque do you guys have? Thanks a lot for the responses. Cheers

You will want to torque the upper trunnion bolts to approximately 14nm. Actually, if you are noticing significant movement around the trunnion mount of the shock; then I would suggest taking a bit of time to torque every single bolt and nut on the frames linkage. Once every bolt is torqued properly, the frame should feel very solid. For instance, If the split pivot nuts at the rear axle are loose, you will notice more flex else where on the frame. Make sure to check the drive side split pivot nut, as this can loosen up first.
After working a bike shop for 13ish years, I have become obsessive with checking my suspension linkage bolts regardless of the brand or suspension design.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 22:03 Quote
Jonzi wrote:

The font they use is poor, I'm sure that's 7.

Edit: just checked my Spartan and it's definitely 14nm for the two Trunnion top bolts. There is no reason this would differ between alloy and carbon frames so I'd aim for that and also contact Devinci, if yours say 1 then it's an error.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 4:27 Quote
There should be a tech doc on the devinci website for the Spartan with all the proper torque values for every bolt. Most are 14nm on my troy and Django.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 5:12 Quote
Here you go. 14nm.

http://www.devinci.com/site_media/uploads/bikes/pdf/451101-0000-BOM-service-RevA.pdf

Definitely go over all linkage bolts and retorque. I do that every 750 miles, most don't loosen, but occasionally one does. This happens on most bikes.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
Well funny thing,
I went to back the bolts out so I could re-loctite and retorque. Then the bolt started to feel stiff and the rocker link was being pulled away from the shock. So I clamped the rockers links together and started to unbolt and f*cking bearings popped out of the rocker on each side. So then I had 2 bolts with bearings stuck on them. I had to use a bearing separator to get the bearing off the bolt. Then I repressed the bearings in and torqued it to 7nm. I sent a picture to the LBS mechanic and he thinks it says 7nm instead of the 1nm I thought originally. He looked up the torque spec and agreed it should be 14nm, but thinks since the bolt says 7nm that we should use that for now. So I am waiting to hear back from him after he talks to Devinci about what the torque should be. I ran into a friend with and Evil yesterday and his trunnion bolt says 5nm into his Super deluxe..........So not sure. I hope I didn't do the shock damage by over torquing.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 16:55 Quote
Just make sure you have the trunnion spacers in there - it would be easy to miss them if you weren't expecting them.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
Do you mean the little black washer/spacers between bearing and shock .? yes I got them on. Also I phoned another dealer and they checked all of the 2019 aluminum and carbon spartans and they say 14nm on the bolt. So curious why my 2018 says 7nm. Same rocker link and superdeluxe shock. Maybe Devinci changed the torque spec. What do you have on your bolt? What is your torque at on the upper shock mount?. Thanks.
heinous wrote:
Just make sure you have the trunnion spacers in there - it would be easy to miss them if you weren't expecting them.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
There are different bolts across the bike, I think the bolts at the top of stay where the geo is adjusted are 7. Is it possible you’ve wrong bolts in wrong place?

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
The bike is new . The geo adjust bolts are reverse thread so it couldn't be those. The rest say 14nm.
I guess it should be safe to go to 14nm if everyon else and the tech guide say its 14nm.
heinous wrote:
There are different bolts across the bike, I think the bolts at the top of stay where the geo is adjusted are 7. Is it possible you’ve wrong bolts in wrong place?

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 19:26 Quote
Jonzi wrote:
The bike is new . The geo adjust bolts are reverse thread so it couldn't be those. The rest say 14nm.
I guess it should be safe to go to 14nm if everyon else and the tech guide say its 14nm.
heinous wrote:

In the very beginning of the 2018 model year devinci mistakenly had the bolts labeled with 7nM torque spec. This was not correct and devinci quickly had the bolts relabeled and the technical manual revised for a 14nM torque value.
You can rest assured that the torque spec for the bolts at the trunnion is in fact 14nM and you should use no less then 14nM.

For reference, this is the old incorrect technical manual that was later revised... http://2017.devinci.com/site_media/uploads/bikes/pdf/SPARTAN_CARBON_7002.pdf

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
Hello guys, I own a 2018 spartan 29er. I am thinking to buy eleven six or ext what is your opinion for both or coil in general, thanks in advance.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 20:11 Quote
Push don’t offer the 11-6 in a Spartan 29 tune, but...

I’ve got one in my Spartan 29 with the Spartan 27 tune. I had to deviate a lot from the recommended damping settings but it’s working amazingly and still within range of the tune, for me at least.

The 29 has almost identical kinematics, but I have found it seems to need a lighter spring that the 27. I’m getting about 5% less sag with the same spring and preload (1 turn).

The stock Rockshox unit on the Spartan is rubbish, and they perform incredibly well with coil.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 20:13 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17003052/

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010368
Mobile Version of Website