Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
heinous wrote:
Push don’t offer the 11-6 in a Spartan 29 tune, but...

I’ve got one in my Spartan 29 with the Spartan 27 tune. I had to deviate a lot from the recommended damping settings but it’s working amazingly and still within range of the tune, for me at least.

The 29 has almost identical kinematics, but I have found it seems to need a lighter spring that the 27. I’m getting about 5% less sag with the same spring and preload (1 turn).

The stock Rockshox unit on the Spartan is rubbish, and they perform incredibly well with coil.

Thanks man, so you suggest to go for 11-6 with a lighter spring for my weight? I am 75 kilos

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 3:04 Quote
The challenge you have is that push won’t warranty in the 29”.

I’d actually suggest an EXT. cheaper, very close performance wise and they can tune for you and they supply with 2 springs.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 4:07 Quote
heinous wrote:
The challenge you have is that push won’t warranty in the 29”.

I’d actually suggest an EXT. cheaper, very close performance wise and they can tune for you and they supply with 2 springs.

ΟΚ man thank you I will go for the ext

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
Hey guys,

If any of you guys is interested in a 29" Spartan I got mine for sale, can do frameset only with a brand new CC doublebarrel coil !

And don't worry I'm staying with a Devinci, but won't need that extra travel for where I live and I got a wilson for chairlift days.
____

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
heinous wrote:

The stock Rockshox unit on the Spartan is rubbish, and they perform incredibly well with coil.

Any reason in particular you don't like the super deluxe? I am looking at the new meg neg air can to upgrade mine. Havent had much time on the bike but it bottomed out on a med drop at 30% sag so i need to fix this. I havent tried more tokens yet but just looking at options. Also was considering a coil but was worried the suspension is not progressive enough to work well with coil.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
They’re poorly built and poorly valved.

I had one get a Vorsprung tune and it’s very good now, but that’s because it’s almost entirely new internally. The valving seems to provide little midstroke support, and the stiction means it doesn’t break away easily.

I know a few guys who’ve found the SD coil the same in a number of different bikes / linkages.

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
Got to get out today. Mostly snowy and icy, but always fun to pedal. The Django is feeling pretty dialed.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Got to get out today. Mostly snowy and icy, but always fun to pedal. The Django is feeling pretty dialed

Django is looking good (and nice truck too)!

I feel like I've gotten the rear feeling pretty dialed on mine now as well. Too bad winter has arrived up here and we're buried in the white stuff so relegated to riding the fat bike unfortunately until some of it disappears.

On another note, the DPS on my Django needs to go back to Fox on warranty. I've noticed after each ride a considerable amount of oil on the shaft, beyond what is normal for a new shock. Hoped it would go away but no. Still feels good, just leaking, so I would assume eventually it won't feel so good anymore. Winter, so good time to send it off.

Posted: Dec 31, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
Two things I like about my 2018 Django is that it climbs straight (no wandering) and rips corners with little or no pushing or washing out. I run mine in high mode since I like the high BB as well. How does the new model compare?

2018 Devinci Django

Posted: Dec 31, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
I also had the 2018 Django 29, and now have the 2020. I loved the 2018 and also love the new design. Haven't had a ton of time on the new one yet since winter arrived shortly after getting it built, but enough to form a rough comparison. Obviously the suspension platform feels very similar. I've owned alot of split pivot Devinci bikes and they all have that really planted supportive feel, plush off the top with good ramp up deep in the travel. I find the rear end to be a little stiffer and track a little better on the new one, something I also noticed when I moved from my old 2017 Troy to the new 2019 Troy 29.

One thing I do notice is the pedaling position on the 2020. You can for sure feel the difference of the steeper seat tube and longer reach so you're sitting alot more forward on the bike when pedaling. Mostly this is a good thing, especially when climbing, but I do also notice a weird sensation when pedaling over flat undulating terrain due to sitting pretty much right on top of the bb. I'm sure just takes some getting used to and the performance gain on the climbs more than makes up for it. This is also exaggerated by the fact I've under forked my 2020 Django, putting a 120mm Fox 34 Stepcast on it (it is my XC bike) with an extra tall lower headset cup that gives me 17mm of extra height under the headtube to bring geo numbers back close to the 140mm fork they were designed around. But it does still steepen things a bit even further. Could be improved by putting a 140 or 150mm Fox 36 on, but I don't need that much fork for what this bike is used for.

Also important to note, they say the 2020 Django is almost 3/4 of a pound lighter than the old one, however my build came out to a half pound heavier, with an identical build. New one requires a superboost hub and 180 rotors though vs the regular boost and 160 rotors I ran on the 2018, but that's for sure not over a pound worth of weight. So I think their quoted weight on the new ones is understated. But whatever, not a big deal at all.

Posted: Dec 31, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
Great info Freerider11, thanks. If your fork is shorter than a 140mm that's going to exaggerate the seat tube angle but probably turns well. The 17mm spacer probably gets it close. I do think you're right that the wider rear end and threaded BB will make up a little weight gain. Devinci frames just aren't very light but they are stiff AF which I definitely appreciate. I'm surprised the new one is even stiffer, Jesus! I bet they don't get as much warranty claims as other brands but I could be wrong, just a guess.

I thought about getting a new Django but I just kept mine and added a Troy instead. :-)

Posted: Dec 31, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
Right, forgot about the threaded BB as being a difference between the 2018 and 2020's as well. So that, combined with the required 180 rotors, and the super boost rear hub are making up the weight difference I'm seeing I suppose.

I guess you could think of my 120 Fox SC fork as the equivalent of a 137mm fork due to the 17mm lower cup I'm using, so yes not far at all off the 140mm it was designed around. But still does steepen it even more ever so slightly. The thing climbs (and turns) very very well though.

And you're right about them not being the lightest frames, they never have been. Heck, my Wilson frame and shock is near 11 lbs! But they are solid. I've owned many many Devinci bikes over the years and have only ever needed to claim warranty once in that time (and it was handled very very well by the fine folks at Devinci).

Posted: Dec 31, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
Guys, I have a small problem.

My Spartan 27 (2018/19/20) carbon was stolen. Got it back, but the thief lost the bash guard from under the downtube.

I’ve tried to get a replacement in Australia but no luck. A friend in Canada got one and it then got lost in the post on way here.

Do any of you work for a Devinci dealer in North America? I’m looking to order another and have it sent.

Posted: Dec 31, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
I sent you a PM.

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
freerider11 wrote:

Wheel stickers I made myself and had Slik Graphics print them. Have the same ones on my Troy and my Wilson. Easy to whip something up and send it over to them, just give them the rim dimensions so they can size the decals to your rims. Let me know if you want the vector graphics files of the Devinci logos if you're thinking of doing the same, I can send them over to you.

FR11, I would love that vector file as well if possible,..i'm just about done dialing in my new ( to me ) Troy build.

Great looking Django!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007423
Mobile Version of Website