Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 14:37 Quote
Here is my 2015 Devinci WIlson; Hope pro 4 hubs, Boxxer WC, Deity finishing kit, Float X2
(I'm currently working on the Front brake)
after 4 layers of Turtle Wax
after 4 layers of Turtle Wax
2015 Devinci WIlson
2015 Devinci WIlson

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 5:22 Quote
ShredG wrote:
FR11, I would love that vector file as well if possible,..i'm just about done dialing in my new ( to me ) Troy build.

PM sent

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 3:24 Quote
My Devinci Spartan 29er
photo

photo

SRAM XX1 currently being fitted

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 3:50 Quote
Mco1 wrote:
My Devinci Spartan 29er
photo

photo

How it rides with coil?

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 19:15 Quote
[Quote="flowridersgr"]
Mco1 wrote:
My Devinci Spartan 29er
photo

photo

how do you like those Michelins...??

I looked at them long and hard even checked local shops as i was researching but I never saw one in the wild ...

I just spent 2+ months assessing a variety of tires looking for two sets: one aggro set for parks & hard core Mtn rides for my CF wheels and 1 tighter tread pattern faster rolling set more for local rolling hills, basically fun close to home exercise rides.
I have an alloy 27.5 wheel set and a CF 27.5 wheel set w/a 30mm rear & 35mm front + a 30mm CF 29 ft. wheel as well for those Mullet Days..

No joke, it was a big PITA lol, most bike shops around here are small and do not carry a vast range of tires there is NOTHING like Supergo anymore (RIP) so had to order & return 3 tires just to see and compare/measure them ! & I got stuck with one ;-( with no industry standard to determine width, either carcass or tread, at one point, I had 3 different brands of 2.3 - 2.4 tires all with WILDLY different widths.

I ended up w/ a WTB Vigilante 2.8 for the 27.5 CF front & a Vigilante 2.5 for the 29in. CF front, w/a WTB Trail Boss 2.5 rear tire..

And a 2.85 Onza Canis (!) front paired with a 2.8 WTB Ranger rear on alloy Sun-Ringle 40mm Duroc wheelset

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 22:12 Quote
Did you try the Assegai, Dissector, or Aggressor?

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 5:22 Quote
The Trailboss is one of the very best rear tires I've ever used, but the center tread didn't last long (tough/fast), luckily they are cheaper. Vigilante is a good font in the soft compound, and lasts well enough up there. The fast compound didn't give me much confidence on the front, but worked well on the rear as a winter tire (wetter, looser terrain).
The Assegai is hands down the best front tire I've ever used. I just wish Maxxis would offer the grip compound in the exo+ casing. Right now you can only get the Grip with DD or DH casings. I use the DD Grip in the Spartan, Exo+ Terra on the Django. They are usually paired with the MTB Trailboss or Agressor. The WTB tough casings are no joke though. Super durable, tougher than the DD. Their tires also just plain feel good, their casings and compounds have a nice damp feel to them.
For what it's worth, all WTB tires measure wider than Maxxis. But don't let width determine how you pick tires. Tread design, casings, and compounds trumps width any day.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 3:11 Quote
I’ve been running the 2.35 Forekaster on a couple bikes on the rear. It’s been surprisingly awesome in all conditions from dusty, rocky summer to wet and muddy. Rolls great and isn’t heavy.

I’m running it with Cush core on my hardtail as I still find Exo and Exo+ too light on the back for me.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
Decided to thin out the fleet for this season. Replacing both my Wilson and Troy 29 with a Spartan 29. Just got'er built up.

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
Very nicely done! I think you’ll be really impressed with how well it’ll take on both of those duties.
Devinci needs to spec them like that from the factory. Great build.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 8:02 Quote
Thanks! Really tried to keep the build as nimble and pedallable as possible since this bike is going to see alot of high mileage big climbing days. Was able to keep it under 30 lbs, 29.75 as pictured. I also have an aluminum wheelset with DH tires to use for shuttle/lift days.

I'll be breaking it in down in Arizona in a couple weeks!

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
That’s impressive, mine’s at 33.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 10:12 Quote
Abacall wrote:
That’s impressive, mine’s at 33.

Yeah, was able to keep the weight down with light wheels, light(ish) tires and XTR 11sp drivetrain with XX1 cassette. In DH setup, with heavier wheels and tires, and heavier cassette it should be in the same range as yours.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 10:17 Quote
That’s a mutt of a drivetrain, lol. Racaface cranks and ring, Shimano derailleur and shifters, sram cassette? Everything hunk-dory?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025369
Mobile Version of Website