Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 7:11 Quote
shadow-flier wrote:
Cheers guys.
Will look into the 150mm fork (already running 140), especially as a raised BB would be preferable

Depending on the fork you ride, and if you like it, you might be able to just swap a 150 air cartridge in and be done. Tons cheaper, easy to do.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
I believe max travel on a fox 34 29' fork is 140. The 27.5 can be extended to 150.

Posted: Mar 10, 2020 at 5:37 Quote
my new 2020 Devinci Spartan 29 Alloy!

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
Here is my Troy 29. It's a size large, 2019 GX Ltd build with the following parts swapped (with a couple of setup notes - I am 5'8", 170 lbs)

Rims: We Are One Agent
Headset: Works Components -1 degree angle headset
Fork: Rockshox Lyrik RC2 42 mm offset, travel increased to 170 mm (83 psi with 1 token, HSC open, LSC somewhere in the middle)
Rear shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe RCT 185x52.5 M//M tune (170 psi with 2 tokens, LSC almost open)
Brakes: SRAM Code RSC
Stem: Easton Haven 35 40 mm (stem slammed above angle headset, which adds about 10 mm of stack height compared to stock headset)
Bar: Race Face Next R 20 mm rise, cut to 760 mm
Seatpost: OneUp dropper 180 mm
Added OneUp Chainguide

It's feeling pretty dialed.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
That’s really nice, I like the angleset and fork extension, those Troys are so capable.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
heinous wrote:
those Troys are so capable.

I agree; the bike rips!

Even with the fork upped to 170, I was feeling like I wanted the front axle a bit farther ahead (could be the short-offset fork), so I got the angle headset. It's still a great all-rounder with the 64 degree head angle, and the angle headset quieted down that bit of nervousness I was feeling.

Sizing up and adding the angle headset, the bike is as modern as anything.

Too bad race season is on hiatus Frown

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
I hear you. Is that pic on Fromme?

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
heinous wrote:
I hear you. Is that pic on Fromme?

Yup! Taken today. Still getting dustings of snow at the top of the climber.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 18:36 Quote
Nice. I had a bit of time in North Van last year, I really enjoyed Fromme. Super fun riding some of the gnarlier stuff blind in there on my Spartan.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 7:48 Quote
Hey guys i am thinking of installing a token in my super deluxe r because i am hitting New speed jump on my backyard trail and i bottom out! I tried some more air but now suspension feels harsh! Does anyone tried adding token ? Saw any differences in bikes behaviour? So sorry if my question is answered before but i am new!

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
[Quote="freerider11"]
Abacall wrote:
Nice, started looking at that combo. Good place to save weight, and can sometimes find those on sale. I just wish the cassette had a slightly wider range. 42T ain't getting my ass up the trails around here...

Yeah the 42 is a little on the low end, but that's why I've gone with a 28t up front. I'll sacrifice a bit of top end to save a pile of weight and keep things somewhat affordable with the 11sp stuff. I'm not racing and I figure once I start to spin out with the 28t I'm going fast enough! Really allows for full use of the entire cassette range too.

I run a E*thirteen 9-46 tooth 11 speed cassette with a absolute black 30th oval chainring on my spartan. The biggest difference that I noticed though when it came to climbing is getting the E*thirteen trsr carbon wheelset. The rear hub with the 60 POE makes it climbing. Like a monster!

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
[Quote="freerider11"]
Abacall wrote:
Nice, started looking at that combo. Good place to save weight, and can sometimes find those on sale. I just wish the cassette had a slightly wider range. 42T ain't getting my ass up the trails around here...

Yeah the 42 is a little on the low end, but that's why I've gone with a 28t up front. I'll sacrifice a bit of top end to save a pile of weight and keep things somewhat affordable with the 11sp stuff. I'm not racing and I figure once I start to spin out with the 28t I'm going fast enough! Really allows for full use of the entire cassette range too.

I run a E*thirteen 9-46 tooth 11 speed cassette with a absolute black 30th oval chainring on my spartan. The biggest difference that I noticed though when it came to climbing is getting the E*thirteen trsr carbon wheelset. The rear hub with the 60 POE makes it climbing. Like a monster!

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
Hello guys,

New here to the group, I just bought a 2015 spartan last month in a size large. I am 72 inches tall. Awash a little worried about the "shorter size" of the devinci frames for that year but I have falling in love wit this bike! I have upgraded everything on it to make it right at 31 lbs. How do we post pics?

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
Themikey wrote:
Hello guys,

New here to the group, I just bought a 2015 spartan last month in a size large. I am 72 inches tall. Awash a little worried about the "shorter size" of the devinci frames for that year but I have falling in love wit this bike! I have upgraded everything on it to make it right at 31 lbs. How do we post pics?

https://www.pinkbike.com/about/faq/

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
My 19 Spartan - GX Carbon - is making some light knocking noise. I've replaced the eyelet on the shock recently, so that is not the issue. Sounds like its coming from down low, happens every time the rear shock has light-hard movement (jumping, trail riding, and even from a 1 inch dropping of the bike on pavement)

Rode it pretty good since purchase last summer - could this be pivot bearing noise? When is it expected to have to replace them?

TIA

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007355
Mobile Version of Website