Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 15:54 Quote
Abacall wrote:

Overall it's really amazing how well it responded to the shock. Sensitivity is off the charts, traction feels unlimited both up and down, and overall comfort is through the roof now.
photo

It’s like they specced then with the wrong shocks, right? They’re so much better all round with a coil.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
My new previous gen troy, great bike. Has anyone done 29er front on these or would it raise the bb too much

photo

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 14:12 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Finally converted the Spartan to coil. MRP Hazzard with a SLS spring.

photo

why did you choose mrp?

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 15:25 Quote
flowridersgr wrote:
Abacall wrote:

photo

why did you choose mrp?

Cuz Fox and Rockshox are overrated

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 2:41 Quote
He didn’t ask why you didn’t choose them.

Why MRP over DVO, push etc?

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 4:18 Quote
heinous wrote:
He didn’t ask why you didn’t choose them.

Why MRP over DVO, push etc?

Never tried a MRP but I would assume you buy them because you want something usa made the cost less than a CC DB or a push 11/6.

Not sure how it compare to other USA made shock

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
flowridersgr wrote:
Abacall wrote:

photo

why did you choose mrp?

It was a combination of factors actually. I was dead-set on the new '21 DHX2, but after talking to the guys over at Fox, I realized I might be waiting 'till next spring for the 205x65 trunnion. In truth, I bought in to the hype. Just kinda was going in blind because of the "latest-greatest" mentality.
My next choice was the CCDB, but at that point I figured I might as well do some digging before I pull the trigger. The CCDB hasn't been updated in a while (not that it needs to be), so it was a good chance to compare some options.

Overall the MRP was chosen due to a few of things that I really liked about it.
-The "shred lever" which works really well. Firms things up significantly, but allows for plenty of traction. Though not as impressive as the CCDB lever, it is really impressive.
-Tuning options. Full tool-less control over compression, with a wide range of useable and noticeable clicks. Though HS and LS rebound are tied together, I haven't found an instance where I wish they weren't. It seems like they dialed it in.
-Build quality is top notch. The thing is really burly and well made when you see/feel it. All knobs are solid, no looseness or play. All clicks are big and very noticeable. It feels like it can survive anything you throw at it.
-Made in the US by a company that focuses on suspension. I like knowing I can support a company that cares about the product they release, not just the bottom line.
-Price was good. Right up there with all the high quality options, but not over the top.
-Adaptability to springs. Can be used with any spring you want. MRP offers kits to put on any spring you want. Since I needed the lightest spring made (300#), I went with a Fox SLS. MRP also has great progressive springs which can be fitted without any kits.
-Customer service. MRP might be the best company I've ever dealt with. Willing to spend time talking to you answering any questions you have. They also support their products 100%. I know if I have any issues with it, they'll take care of it.

I actually ended up bumping up the spring rate. Every spring calculator suggested 300# for a 30% sag. In practice I ended up with 33% sag. Feels awesome on the downhills, even the ups with the shred lever activated. But I want to try and nail that 30% mark to see if it will liven up the support. Right now at 33% the bike bobs quite a bit more that it did with the air shock. I dialed some LSC and rebound, as well as some preload, but I'm still not totally happy with it and I think a stiffer spring will help.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 17:31 Quote
Great post, thanks!

I found my Spartan suddenly came alive will less sag in the coil. I’m running 25% now, v 30% when on air. It’s really good, loads of traction and super composed.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 7:03 Quote
Well fellas, I'm saying goodbye to the Spartan. Replaced her with this a couple fo days ago. Almost everything swapped over, except the seatpost. The MRP will swap over soon, just need the lower shock hardware.
Not leaving the Devinci camp though, as my '20 Django is still in the stable.

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Well fellas, I'm saying goodbye to the Spartan. Replaced her with this a couple fo days ago. Almost everything swapped over, except the seatpost. The MRP will swap over soon, just need the lower shock hardware.

Bummer! Curious as to why you made the switch? Also curious as to how you compare the Evil to the Spartan. Been loving my new Spartan. Haven't had as much of a chance yet to properly ride it as I would have hoped, having to cancel a couple trips already due to the covid mess. But I did have a chance to ride it for a week on the terrain it deserves out in Quebec and I'm very impressed. Not going to miss my Wilson...

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
Abacall wrote:

photo

Are you planning to sell the Spartan?

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Abacall wrote:

Bummer! Curious as to why you made the switch? Also curious as to how you compare the Evil to the Spartan. Been loving my new Spartan. Haven't had as much of a chance yet to properly ride it as I would have hoped, having to cancel a couple trips already due to the covid mess. But I did have a chance to ride it for a week on the terrain it deserves out in Quebec and I'm very impressed. Not going to miss my Wilson...

Always been curious about the Evils. It also has a few small changes to the geo I was looking for. The Wrecker seems right up my alley for its intended purposes. I've only got 35 miles on it so far, and definitely not enough time to get any real impression. Still setting it up.
But, as far as fit and finish go, it's dialed. The tube-in-tubes is brilliant. Putting in any of the housings (including the seat post) and having it pop out exactly where it should is a revelation. Clean lines, great sound management and frame protection, and hopefully more reliable bearings.
I'll write something up on tiresontrails.com once it's been thoroughly ridden and dialed in.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 7:35 Quote
wheelza wrote:
Abacall wrote:

Are you planning to sell the Spartan?

Yup. Just need to get her home and rebuilt to stock(ish) spec. Probably in a week.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
hi,
has anyone changed "link" frame bearings in the 2017 (or earlier) Spartan
I managed to get two out where the link ends using sockets and vice by simply pushing them out and catching. But the other two have really awkward access. No way of using a catcher...any ideas? Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011809
Mobile Version of Website