Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 13:01 Quote
rywats wrote:
My 19 Spartan - GX Carbon - is making some light knocking noise. I've replaced the eyelet on the shock recently, so that is not the issue. Sounds like its coming from down low, happens every time the rear shock has light-hard movement (jumping, trail riding, and even from a 1 inch dropping of the bike on pavement)

Rode it pretty good since purchase last summer - could this be pivot bearing noise? When is it expected to have to replace them?

TIA

My money is on rear shocks if it’s a super deluxe. Will be in the internal. It’s a very common problem.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
Does anyone happen to know what max post insertion is on a 19 Spartan carbon size medium?

Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 16:47 Quote
Has anyone overshocked a 2017 Django?
I'm enjoying the 150mm up front and feel an extra, say 10mm, at the back would compliment it nicely. Yeah it's getting into Troy territory, but a new shock is a lot cheaper than a new frame!
I'm assuming it is possible to do with offset bushings or similar, but would it screw up the geometry/kinematics?

Posted: Aug 26, 2020 at 1:43 Quote
HVrider wrote:
My new previous gen troy, great bike. Has anyone done 29er front on these or would it raise the bb too much

I have that exact frame in a large. i bought it used in xlnt shape last january,.. by june i almost had it ride ready,.then i had an accident that took me out for 4 mo.. I took my time to afford the parts i wanted for it.

September 2020 ready to ride.
freshly completed Custom build Devinci Troy

I set it up mullet from the start when i scored great deals on a CF 29 ft wheel & CF 27.5 rr, here on PB. I'd just restomulleted an old '98 FSR with a 27.5 front and loved how it rode. Now that everything's gone 29 and id never ridden a 29'er, i figured Why not ? ....When I tried it for the 1st time I was sold. Since then I've purchased a carbon 27.5 front and a set of wide alloy 27.5 wheels for park days but i ride this set up mullet almost always when on local trails nothing too aggro near me, I love the rollover benefit on my normal local ride trails we have available.

June 2020
2017 Devinci Troy custom Mullet 279 build. Santa Rosa Canyon CA. June 2020

I just got a more aggressive set of mullet tires to try at the bike parks. All the wheels are hot swappable, so i'm able to do back to back runs comparing mullet 279'r vs 27.5 wheel sets and 40mm 27.5 Alloy rims vs 35/30mm 27.5 Carbon rims...ive been riding this bike for almost a year and i'm just now about dialed in properly to where im pretty stoked with it and im getting that old feeling again like i had 20 years ago when everything just gelled every weekend we were out there hammering trails. ..

I don't really notice a dramatic handling trait difference moving from Mullet to back again def notice the higher bb and kicks back the HA a touch, & I've had more pedal strikes with 27.5. The bigger wheel slows steering by a tiny bit, but it doesn't seem to be holding anyone back at all...

w 27.5 wheels :

cool Bkground shot

Golden Hour Photo shot Rt side profile

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 1:50 Quote
Spartan NX. Stock for now, incredibly fun.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
Thought I would add an older brawler to the thread.

2014 Devinci Troy XP

2014 Devinci Troy

My bike is long past the aesthetics phase. It's long into the functional brawler phase.

Interesting things I've done to it:
- Changed to 1x
- Added ex471 rims w/ Hope Pro 4 hubs
- Code R brake on the front
- Upgraded 150 solo spring to debonair 160 spring
- Added offset bushings to slacken the bike out a degree or so
- Upgraded shock to a Cane Creek coil CS 200 x 57, w/ 450lb Valt spring (165lb rider weight) 30% sag
- Shimano XT trail pedals when riding clips, Nukeproof Horizon Pro pedals when on flats

This thing is older, but still wants to be ridden hard! Still love it.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 15:33 Quote
I was able to squeeze a x2 into my custom 2018 Troy

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
Has anyone done the needle bearing upgrade on the older Troy? Is it worth the extra maintenance / hassle?

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
HVrider wrote:
Has anyone done the needle bearing upgrade on the older Troy? Is it worth the extra maintenance / hassle?

I hate my needle bearing on my Wilson

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 18:10 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
HVrider wrote:

Why’s that?

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 21:12 Quote
HVrider wrote:

worthy upgraded. i think it improved small bump performance

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 23:18 Quote
HVrider wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:
HVrider wrote:

Why’s that?

Maintenance was through the roof. I was going through 2-3 needle bearings a season.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 14:49 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
HVrider wrote:

the same here, gets play very easy!

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 21:41 Quote

My Spartan. It’s a blast!

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 6:33 Quote
I came through a rock garden today and my chain stay got scraped along a rock pretty hard. The aluminium is a bit gouged as pictured, couple of sharp bits. Should I be worried about this? Should I sand / grind it smooth?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012336
Mobile Version of Website