Show off your Devinci's!

PB Forum :: Devinci
Show off your Devinci's!
Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
I've seen a lot worse with no problems. As long as there is no crack I would leave it alone and ride it!

If you feel the need to get rid of the sharp bits, just knock the tips off them, don't sand/file deep at all.

HVrider wrote:
I came through a rock garden today and my chain stay got scraped along a rock pretty hard. The aluminium is a bit gouged as pictured, couple of sharp bits. Should I be worried about this? Should I sand / grind it smooth?

photo

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 22:42 Quote
CP-Bike wrote:
I've seen a lot worse with no problems. As long as there is no crack I would leave it alone and ride it!

If you feel the need to get rid of the sharp bits, just knock the tips off them, don't sand/file deep at all.

HVrider wrote:
I came through a rock garden today and my chain stay got scraped along a rock pretty hard. The aluminium is a bit gouged as pictured, couple of sharp bits. Should I be worried about this? Should I sand / grind it smooth?

photo

I'd say you're good. I obliterated my seatstay on my wilson last year(ordered a new seat stay this spring) but nonetheless i rode my wilson for a ton of park days with a chunk of the carbon missing, safe? prolly not. but it held up. If it reallly bothers you, you could probably sand it down and paint it, or replace it. But i think you're fine, gives thebike some character too Big Grin

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
Nah, that's just a flesh wound!

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 6:00 Quote
Thanks all, I won't worry about it Big Grin

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 23:35 Quote
What bearing sizes does a 2016 Troy have? Can’t seem to find on Google .

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2020 at 15:09 Quote
It depends which one. It’s written on the bearing cover.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
2018 Spartan - Carbon GX w/ Push 11-6, WeAreOne Agent carbon wheels w/ Hope Pro 4 Hubs and Deity BladeRunner pedals...the rest is stock. Climbs like a goat and destroys the downs.

photo

Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 0:50 Quote
so I've had my 2018 spartan since release and since day 1 its had a knocking coming from down low ive literally tried everything and replaced bearings, bushings, cables the works to no avail so i recently replaced the shock in the hope it would fix it and its helped it a little but its still definitely there its particularly noticable when dropping off gutters etc has anyone else had this issue and fixed it or are they just noisy bikes ? any help would be appreciated

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2020 at 3:59 Quote
What’s the spec? Who’s been doing the work?

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 0:53 Quote
heinous wrote:
What’s the spec? Who’s been doing the work?

its a mostly custom build that started as a gx eagle build which has since been replaced with x0 and fox suspension and all the works been carried out by local shop

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 1:01 Quote
photo

thats it there minus the new shock that i put in the other day

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 1:58 Quote
I had the same bike, now the 29”. They weren’t noisy. Shock, fork, headset, cable routes in frame, chain noise (esp with flogged sram derailleurs) all likely culprits.

Also, check the drop out pivots. The frame comes with a tool but you can use a wrench and Allen key. They can work a little loose.

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 at 4:35 Quote
fezkyle123 wrote:
so I've had my 2018 spartan since release and since day 1 its had a knocking coming from down low ive literally tried everything and replaced bearings, bushings, cables the works to no avail so i recently replaced the shock in the hope it would fix it and its helped it a little but its still definitely there its particularly noticable when dropping off gutters etc has anyone else had this issue and fixed it or are they just noisy bikes ? any help would be appreciated

I've seen that happening before because of two things. First when the Shock hardware wasn't appropriate (wrong sizing) and/or the DU bushing was worn out and secondly when the lower shock bolt (the one under the cable guide) wasn't tight enough. Go on Devinci website, archive and choose your model in 2018 and you'll have the owner manual with all the torque specs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017826
Mobile Version of Website