CANADA NEEDS a BIGGER & BETTER online bike product store.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
CANADA NEEDS a BIGGER & BETTER online bike product store.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 9:08 Quote
Just order from Chain Reaction and be done with it.

I think with several good online retailers already, opening another one in Canada could be tough due to the competition. What should happen is one of the large online retailers opens a canadian warehouse to reduce shipping costs for us canucks

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 15:35 Quote
poundsand wrote:
WHY doesnt Canada have a bigger and better online retail store for bike products. we need something like jenson but with good prices like canadabicycleparts. com.. Its about time that we get something like this, i dont want to have to spend extra money to order parts from the u.s and i'm sick of going through rip off bike shops. how can we make this happen?? Base it out of VANCOUVER, the amount of bikers in bc and the coastal area is ridiculous. there is no chance business would fail. F im so frustrated

If you think the business would be so good then start it yourself. What you will quickly find is that bike shops are not a ripoff. In order to buy most of the parts in canada and offer a warranty they have to deal with the canadian distributors. The canadian distributors do not sell things a cheap as the american distributors. This is based on the economies of scale.

Another way for you to get parts for less, would be to start working at your local bike shop

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 15:39 Quote
CMihalcheon wrote:
Just order from Chain Reaction and be done with it.

I think with several good online retailers already, opening another one in Canada could be tough due to the competition. What should happen is one of the large online retailers opens a canadian warehouse to reduce shipping costs for us canucks

I live in the uk and i am starting to use shops in the uk,crc are an ok shop but i want to start spending my hard earend in the uk,canada make some nice stuff man shop locally.

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 15:48 Quote
knighhit wrote:
canadian distributors.

Two words that answer the question every time it comes up.

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 15:58 Quote
crs-one wrote:
knighhit wrote:
canadian distributors.

Two words that answer the question every time it comes up.

Uk ain't much better to be honest,giants in the us are the same price here,yet we have a stronger pound.

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 16:27 Quote
poundsand wrote:
WHY doesnt Canada have a bigger and better online retail store for bike products. we need something like jenson but with good prices like canadabicycleparts. com.. Its about time that we get something like this, i dont want to have to spend extra money to order parts from the u.s and i'm sick of going through rip off bike shops. how can we make this happen?? Base it out of VANCOUVER, the amount of bikers in bc and the coastal area is ridiculous. there is no chance business would fail. F im so frustrated

if you seen our prices compared to your's you would think its a joke...

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 18:35 Quote
poundsand wrote:

Buy more shit from your lbs and don't be a dick. The deals will come...

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 19:03 Quote
poundsand wrote:
by the time i order from the online companies that do actually have decent prices and i pay for shipping and customs i may aswell have bought it here. thats why i cant order from uk sites even though they have great prices

Dunbar Cycles...?

They have very competitive prices with CRC and are based out of Vancouver.

Or like stated above, just support your LBS. Be reasonable and see if they will help you out on price to come closer to CRC pricing.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 19:57 Quote
Why don't you email Dunbar and ask them to stock some of that stuff?

Plus the light weight bash from RF is fairly new so it's not all in stock just yet. I'd imagine Dunbar will stock stuff like that.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011577
Mobile Version of Website