Morewood Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Morewood Bikes
Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 0:24 Quote
Hi guys,in case anyone is keen i am selling my Morewood Zama 180mm freeride/mini dh bike as i am getting a full dh rig. It's a 2013 with Totems and well loved and maintained and is in the classifieds on here or drop me a message on 07515519178 ,few usual scuffs but no dings or dents and never raced,cheers dudes...Jon

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 23:20 Quote
Has anyone put a dbair CS on their Makulu 2013? Thinking of making mine a bit better pedaller for long fire road/single trail access. Also planning to change bit bigger cassette. What do you think? Worth of investment or will I still need to push up everything? Not planning to ride up anything technical. Any other reason not to change shock? Now I have original Stoy.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 17:38 Quote
VilleEskonen wrote:
Has anyone put a dbair CS on their Makulu 2013? Thinking of making mine a bit better pedaller for long fire road/single trail access. Also planning to change bit bigger cassette. What do you think? Worth of investment or will I still need to push up everything? Not planning to ride up anything technical. Any other reason not to change shock? Now I have original Stoy.

I've got an older Makulu, but I think this is a bad idea.

A friend tried to make his Banshee Darkside more pedal-friendly for the same reasons (as an example), and it was pretty much a waste of time.
Climb switch on the DBAir, bigger cassette, dropper, etc... the geometry and weight for park and DH bikes just doesn't translate to 'pedal friendly' at all.

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 4:55 Quote
OK, I have seen it done before using Boxxers, but wondering if anyone has ever converted an older Makulu (up until 2013) to run 27.5" wheels with Manitou Dorado forks? Trying to get my bike competitive with the rest of the crowd again and seeing as though I have a budget for racing again, I cant squeeze an extra 7k out of it to buy a newer bike (and besides, the Makulu is too much fun to get a new bike). Only issue I think I am going to come across is the foks. My dorados are for 26" wheels, so this is where I am a little concerned.

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 7:28 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
OK, I have seen it done before using Boxxers, but wondering if anyone has ever converted an older Makulu (up until 2013) to run 27.5" wheels with Manitou Dorado forks? Trying to get my bike competitive with the rest of the crowd again and seeing as though I have a budget for racing again, I cant squeeze an extra 7k out of it to buy a newer bike (and besides, the Makulu is too much fun to get a new bike). Only issue I think I am going to come across is the foks. My dorados are for 26" wheels, so this is where I am a little concerned.

you can convert the 2012 and up models
although tire clearance is tight

the chain stay on the 2010-2011 is a bit short

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 20:43 Quote
I just recently got one. A NOS Zula that hadn't moved after being imported to the US a few years ago. A little different from the big hit bikes I'm seeing in this thread.

For now it's built with all the stuff from my old hard tail, including a somewhat deficient Rockshox 30, soon to be replaced with a Reba. Only have a couple of rides on it but loving it so far. Horrible photo.

First time out with the new build.
  First time out with the new build.

Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
sniperboy13 wrote:
rabbit-Tbone wrote:

27.5 mock up....I like it.

Mocked a set of 27.5" wheels off my mates Lapierre on the bike. Looks good. Shame I broke my wrist and elbow and didnt get to ride it like this. Loaned the bike to a friend so she could experience DH.....she wants to buy it off me now lol

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 1:04 Quote
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
sniperboy13 wrote:
rabbit-Tbone wrote:

i first a year ago rode my first makulu, begged the guy to sell it to me,
my new kalulas coming on Thursday so hyped
already had a izumi and shova lt

Mocked a set of 27.5" wheels off my mates Lapierre on the bike. Looks good. Shame I broke my wrist and elbow and didnt get to ride it like this. Loaned the bike to a friend so she could experience DH.....she wants to buy it off me now lol

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 8:57 Quote
my kalula frame came today, pics will come on friday,Big Grin

Posted: Feb 10, 2018 at 14:01 Quote
I've just picked up a 26" Makulu frame, does anyone have a copy of the frame manual or know the torque specs for the linkage and shock bolts? The morewood website just has a blank word document for the frame manual.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
If you use common sense, you don't need torque specs... On any part of the bike.

Posted: May 14, 2018 at 22:14 Quote
Snap4130 wrote:
I've just picked up a 26" Makulu frame, does anyone have a copy of the frame manual or know the torque specs for the linkage and shock bolts? The morewood website just has a blank word document for the frame manual.
i know you've probably sorted it now,but when I had my Izimu,I just asked the Morewood guys through there Facebook page,they were really helpful and responsive,and torque specs ARE important.

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 17:31 Quote
sniperboy13 wrote:
rabbit-Tbone wrote:
sniperboy13 wrote:

hello i've got a 2013 morewood makulu L wondering how could i use 27.5 wheels on it , currently running a maxxis minion dhf 2.50 and space is tight around the shock link i've got only 1 offset bushing made by me on rottary machine and it gives -1.5 mm offset because the rocker link screw is 8 mm diameter .. any suggestions ? tnx

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 4:22 Quote
Skalloo wrote:
sniperboy13 wrote:
rabbit-Tbone wrote:

hello i've got a 2013 morewood makulu L wondering how could i use 27.5 wheels on it , currently running a maxxis minion dhf 2.50 and space is tight around the shock link i've got only 1 offset bushing made by me on rottary machine and it gives -1.5 mm offset because the rocker link screw is 8 mm diameter .. any suggestions ? tnx

I have not put any offset bushings or anything on mine as yet. I can only run a 2.3" rear on mine due to clearance. I do plan on getting a set of offset bushings for mine and also exploring a linkage block to allow me to run a shorter shock (similar to what the Velosolutions/Scott team run on their team Gamblers. Will reduce the length of travel, which is a trade off I am willing to make at thismpoint in time to keep this beast rolling and playful. Have also looked at getting a 27.5" rear end of the final make of Makulu, but damn they are hard to find!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014414
Mobile Version of Website