Morewood Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Morewood Bikes
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Oct 9, 2018 at 1:51 Quote
Hey there,
i recently bought a 2011 Morewood Makulu in a very good condition. Only used half a season due to injury.
Now i am completely new to the suspension business (My last MTB was a 1992 Marin Pine Mountain) and i try to figure out the correct settings of the bike. The Boxxer R2C2 is no problem, but the BOS Stoy is a different story.
I already have this excel sheet for the correct suspension setup but i also found completely different adjustments on the internet. Can anyone provide some first hand experience? My weight is around 67kilos with equipment.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
dead thread is dead Frown

I'll be building up a Ndiza frame soon and stoked since I used to lust after them.

What ever happened to them? Seems like all web presence disappeared after 2016.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 18:00 Quote
First stage of the build complete.

Sitting near 28lbs right now.
Morewood Ndiza 2012 built up with parts from my Marin Wolf Ridge. Going to get it more dialed in the next few months. Sitting near 28lbs right now. Shock 2015 Marzocchi Roco Lite Fork 2012 Marzocchi 4x Cranks Shimano Hone SLX forerunner Rest of Drivetrain 2015 Shimano XT 11spd Bar and Stem Gravity Lite Brakes SRAM Guide RS Front Wheel Fulcrum Metal 3 Rear Wheel 48 engagement hub to Mavic 519 28H rim Seat WTB Silverado Seatpost Race Face SL
Morewood Ndiza 2012 built up with parts from my old Marin Wolf Ridge that's now retired.
Going to get it more dialed in the next few months.
Shock: 2015 Marzocchi Roco Lite
Fork: 2012 Marzocchi 4x
Cranks: Shimano Hone (SLX forerunner)
Rest of Drivetrain: 2015 Shimano XT 11spd
Bar and Stem: Gravity Lite
Brakes: SRAM Guide RS
Front Wheel: Fulcrum Metal 3
Rear Wheel: 48 engagement hub to Mavic 519 28H rim
Seat: WTB Silverado
Seatpost: Race Face SL

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 1:22 Quote
Jenson76 wrote:
Hey there,
i recently bought a 2011 Morewood Makulu in a very good condition. Only used half a season due to injury.
Now i am completely new to the suspension business (My last MTB was a 1992 Marin Pine Mountain) and i try to figure out the correct settings of the bike. The Boxxer R2C2 is no problem, but the BOS Stoy is a different story.
I already have this excel sheet for the correct suspension setup but i also found completely different adjustments on the internet. Can anyone provide some first hand experience? My weight is around 67kilos with equipment.

i got a makulu 2014 bought 2 years ago i don't have money to buy a 29 v10 ; i still like this frame though ; anyways i got the same problem original shock on makulu was cane creek db but when i built it up i used a second hand rock shox kage but wasn't the right tune or something like that so recently i bought a bos stoy shock second hand also but used on a yt tues and i thought same leverage, same lenght etc why not buy it ? and i put it on frame and guess what ? fits nicely but don't work like it should ! i got 92 kg with fully equiped and the spring on the shock is 300 x 3.70 but it feels so hard ... i cannot use only 3 clicks of high compression 4 clicks of low comp and 3-4 clicks of rebound from turtle to rabbit ; i feel that something is wrong with it but i cannot tell what ; the bos shock itself doesn't leak or other problems

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
First stage of the build complete.

Sitting near 28lbs right now.
Morewood Ndiza 2012 built up with parts from my old Marin Wolf Ridge that's now retired.
Going to get it more dialed in the next few
Cranks: Shimano Hone (SLX forerunner)
Seatpost: Race Face SL


Nice bike! For sale? lol

Need to get some better pictures of mine. Finished for ages but doesn’t get used, tyres are flat!

Bikes

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
cyfa89 wrote:

Nice bike! For sale? lol

Need to get some better pictures of mine. Finished for ages but doesn’t get used, tyres are flat!

Bikes

Thanks man, it is if you can find me a 2008 or 2007 SX in a long frame size where the rear stays aren't cracked Razz

Definitely want to see pictures of yours. Is that a Ndiza or a Shova?

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009947
Mobile Version of Website