Pinkbike Design Thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Pinkbike Design Thread!
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 at 7:30 Quote
david-hill wrote:
ahh right thats cool man! keep us updated on how it goes Smile

I think its worthless...
why would you want your 400 dollar phone on your head??

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 at 8:39 Quote
Hmm yeah it definitely is a LOT of money to have on your head lol.

The video came out better then I was expecting though. I think if they did it right, and the case is super protective, then it could work. I mean the iPhone is designed to be dropped and bashed around a bit. Not sure it would hold up to DH crashes though...

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 at 11:33 Quote
would be clever if they made lots of options for lots of cell phones... but cellphone cameras are not good enough to have as a head cam... in a few years when we all have $100 cell phones with HD cameras I'll get one!

bottom line... good idea but not at the right time

Posted: Mar 18, 2011 at 18:41 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
would be clever if they made lots of options for lots of cell phones... but cellphone cameras are not good enough to have as a head cam... in a few years when we all have $100 cell phones with HD cameras I'll get one!

bottom line... good idea but not at the right time

Yeah that's fair man, obviously there's so much variation of cell phone out there it would be almost impossible to make hundreds of different cases. But I get your point, good idea, not the right time.

Posted: Mar 18, 2011 at 21:50 Quote
just for the popular ones... iPhones... some black berrys... like 10 different head cam cases

Posted: Mar 18, 2011 at 22:07 Quote
yeah most phones cameras are no where near as good as a cheap helmet cam.

for me the iphone helmet mount isnt really that great an idea to be honest, for the reason that if you can afford an iphone, surely you can afford a proper helmet cam that will have much better quality video.

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 6:10 Quote
yo13bo wrote:

for me the iphone helmet mount isnt really that great an idea to be honest, for the reason that if you can afford an iphone, surely you can afford a proper helmet cam that will have much better quality video.

This. Yeah I do see your point. On the fence whether or not I like it lol.

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 6:51 Quote
yo13bo wrote:

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean that you want to spend the money on it. If you already have the phone, I'm sure that this mount costs considerably less than going out and buying an entire camera setup that only serves one purpose.

The people that buy an iPhone adapter and the people who want a dedicated helmet cam are really 2 completely different markets.

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 6:55 Quote
I guess, I'm leaning towards liking it. Think it's quite a cool concept and they've done it in an alright way! but if possible i would make the back touchscreen bit rigid, or more rigid. There's potential for a fair amount of damage to happen there.

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 9:45 Quote
my latest project, just handed in.

chose it around the new zealand, and unfortunately it's become much more relevant with recent events.

feedback?

photo
photo

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 10:17 Quote
Thats a clever yet simple design! I think it would sell very well across the world where there are Earthquakes a lot.

Nice idea.

Have you sent the design to anyone to look at?

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 10:29 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Thats a clever yet simple design! I think it would sell very well across the world where there are Earthquakes a lot.

Nice idea.

Have you sent the design to anyone to look at?

nahh man it's just a uni project, it's not great tbh lol. tables a table huh?

thanks though Smile i was pretty pleased with how the renderings came out, even if the concept isn't great.

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 10:31 Quote
Well most tables will break under pressure, this one wouldn't, imagine the lives that would be saved if you made this table! And the money. Wink

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 10:34 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Well most tables will break under pressure, this one wouldn't, imagine the lives that would be saved if you made this table! And the money. Wink

pahaha, yeah true. it's not really commercially viable though. it's ok though cos the project was a visual based one, so hoepfully if my renderings are good i'll get an alright mark Smile

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 13:34 Quote
david, is loads of your work CAD based, just curious cos most of mine are freehand drawing.

just spend £12 on these Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xOUrLwKjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg should be good to use, add some nice shading

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015643
Mobile Version of Website