Rider Feedback Wanted! Onion Bikes DH Prototype

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rider Feedback Wanted! Onion Bikes DH Prototype
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 8:51 Quote
As a new company we're trying to expand our product into the North American market and this is where you come in. Actually anyone for that matter, please feel free to leave constructive criticism, likes and dislikes about anything you see here. We're currently trying to make the next move into the racing scene and would appreciate any and all feedback from you, the riding community. Also if you'd be interested in potentially racing one of these bikes, please feel free to send me an e-mail.

Cheers,

Rob Little

ryder.little282@gmail.com OR b.little282 (skype)

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 5:13 Quote
Frame shape looks a bit dated. Like the early downhill bikes. I presume the construction is about lightness and adjustability - it's not a handsome beast though. Maybe if it had some kind of skin covering the frame it might look better. Swingarm is ugly as sin too.

That said, if it's super light, strong, rides well and goes like stink then I guess the visuals matter less so....

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 7:28 Quote
Oh wow, i literally got sick to my stomach when i saw that. Now i know i might get some hate on for just judging a bike by looks and not buy its ride, but f*ck man, that thing looks just terrible. Even if it rides like a bat out of hell, who is honestly gunna buy this thing? You could give me one for free, i still wouldn't ride it purely for the fact of what could happen when you fall of the bike, there is so many holes, yourself or your equipment could get caught in it. IMO you neeed to cover the frame.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 9:20 Quote
teddygoround wrote:
Frame shape looks a bit dated. Like the early downhill bikes. I presume the construction is about lightness and adjustability - it's not a handsome beast though. Maybe if it had some kind of skin covering the frame it might look better. Swingarm is ugly as sin too.

That said, if it's super light, strong, rides well and goes like stink then I guess the visuals matter less so....

Alright guys so all that being said, and don't worry there's no hard feelings, in fact these are the kind of comments I'm looking for. Essentially though you both agree that even though this bike is mechanically and functionally sound, aesthetics and cosmetics play a huge factor in desirability. Now I don't want to be a complete sellout and change the bike to fit the mainstream, however if you'd like to give some suggestions of how to improve the overall look of this bike, I'd love to hear it.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 13:36 Quote
How about some number, geo, weight, BB width.

As well the pictures look suspect. I would NEVER buy a bike from a company who's putting out product info with 10 year old products, they are either A) Fake or B) technology that has been unchanged for 10 years. I would be looking elsewhere.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 13:51 Quote
Looks sick in my opinion, only thing is the "tubing" looks a bit wide and as if it may get in the way, although i am not sure if that is just the pictures, i also love the idea that you can change parts of the frame with an allen key, ie the headtube

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 16:31 Quote
i agree with what has been said, maybe also make the tubes solid, because it doesn't look very good with it being see through. How much travel does it have? it doesn't look like a lot.

Posted: Apr 23, 2011 at 12:36 Quote
I love it. My limbs don't get stuck in the holes in my current bike - think about all the holes in the wheels! Stay true and stay different, too much of the same crap coming out nowadays so you need something to stand out. Would be good to have more spec details but going just off looks I'd definitely be interested. Is anything on your website in production? Would love one of the Sams

Posted: Apr 23, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
some people will disagree with me but i think those bikes look super awesome if it was up to me i'd keep them like what they are now just because of how unique they are. I have to agree with what atomik888 said about " too much of the same crap coming out nowadays"

Posted: Apr 23, 2011 at 13:38 Quote
Some mountains (like every natural terrain) have sticky mud. The stuff is like goo and will stain in the frame. That would suck to have a bike weighting 50lbs by the time you end a run. could you make like a universal made out of tubes front and rear triangle (swing arm) where you could just bolt in the headtube, bb, and drop out?

also the stand over is way too high.

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 at 10:46 Quote
The frame goes too high and close to the saddle. It's good to have some room for your knees, when you are cornering with your bike. I really like the shape of my Empire AP-1R. It's very easy to change my body position from side to side with this type of frame. This way you can also lower the balance of that bike. It makes it turn little quicker.

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 at 18:44 Quote
I actually like where this is heading. I love the unique look it has, but Some of those bolts, such as the huge ones near the head tube, should be either smaller or inset. They look like they would snag branches and screw up your knees in a fall. However, it looks like individual parts of the frame are replaceable, and I love the idea of being able to replace a piece of the frame if it gets damaged, or being able to change the geometry, like if you could change the head angle by switching in a slightly different piece for the headtube mount.

However, a more modern feel to the styling, such as a different swingarm design (Those do look horrible) and a lower top tube height would be a huge improvement to these bikes.

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 at 5:20 Quote
I agree with all the changeble stuff playererf said and the 2nd pic looks sick idk how anyone can say it looks out of date, it looks so modern, doesn't look like it would last many beatings though and could get covered in mud, i also like the unique look, ruffly what pice point is it being made too? I would say it was between £1500 and £2500 at a guess

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018746
Mobile Version of Website