7" travel bike

• Previous Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 20:31 Quote
What is a good 6-7 inch travel bike? For bike parks and shuttle. Also to ride around the city!

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 20:41 Quote
To be quite honest man, you shouldn't be riding a nice freeride bike that you use for park riding around the street. It just doesn't make sense. You should just buy a commuter bike for that. A nice bike though is the Marin Quake. It feels great on balls to the wall trail because it gives you so much control. The suspension system is great, super active, and it doesn't feel like crap going uphill. You can actually climb and ride pavement on it because it doesn't bob incessantly, but I wouldn't recommend doing that. Check out my bike to see what I am talking about.

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 8:51 Quote
I use a 2010 Giant Faith 0. I agree with Pimp. I do however use my bike to check to mail when I havent rode in a couple days just cuz I miss gettin on the bike but I would never ride it on a consistent basis on the street for sure. Giant Faith can climb reasonable well and is the perfect park bike.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 9:06 Quote
Devinci frantik. Simple 4 bar design and pedals really well.

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 10:07 Quote
Scott voltage so sick.

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 11:12 Quote
What do you think about the SC vp-free?

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:41 Quote
Devinci Frantik

it runs 2 chainrings up front so you can UP as well as DOWN

and most importantly a good steep seat angle and full length seat tube to put you on top of the cranks for pedalling efficiency around the city or going up hills

its not going to be anywhere as fun to ride around the city or up road hills as a proper commuting bike (700c hybrid) but its a good compromise that will happily deal with the Vancouver North Shore trails, Whistler Bike Park and extreme hucking

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 11:49 Quote
just looking for a frame now. budget is around 300-900

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 16:34 Quote
flatlandgod wrote:
just looking for a frame now. budget is around 300-900

Build up a frantik frame, you wont be dissapointed. Heres mine right now...
<Deleted photo>

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 16:38 Quote
photo

its 6" rear but pedals good.

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 11:17 Quote
my buddies Frantik (not the lady in the picture...)

photo

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 20:36 Quote
Anyone ride a yeti asx? Or a sx trail? What are the main differences from the 2006-2010 sx trail?

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 11:58 Quote
flatlandgod wrote:
Anyone ride a yeti asx? Or a sx trail? What are the main differences from the 2006-2010 sx trail?

seen too many cracked ASX to consider one myself, despite the Yeti heritage

the SXT changed dramatically, the old SXT was an Enduro frame (all mountain) with different shock mounting plates and a longer stroke coil shock, they were prone to cracking in the swingarm yoke weld, and the geometry was kinda steep unless you ran a longer fork like Totem or 66, it also had the problem of the high seat pod (interupted design) which made the bike feel tall and gave very limited saddle height adjustment

the current SXT is a proper freeride frame in its own right, its heavier but much tougher, with modern geometry to suit fast descents and very low standover height, and better range of saddle height adjustment (not full length, but better than old SXT)

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018317
Mobile Version of Website