How to hold your bars dirt jumping?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How to hold your bars dirt jumping?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 10:09 Quote
Do you guys hold onto your brakes when your jumping or just your handle bar?

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 10:19 Quote
Death grip is dangerous, get into the habit of riding with a finger on the brake it is a good one (old habits die hard, in this case that is a good thing)

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 10:31 Quote
yeh agreed I always cover the brake with one finger whatever I'm riding, I can't ride death grip anyway feels way to sketchy

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 10:35 Quote
Trailboss-Dan wrote:
yeh agreed I always cover the brake with one finger whatever I'm riding, I can't ride death grip anyway feels way to sketchy

I ride one finger on the brake, until i pull into a manual then i ride deathgrip Confused

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 12:35 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Death grip is dangerous, get into the habit of riding with a finger on the brake it is a good one (old habits die hard, in this case that is a good thing)
ok is your hand on the front or rear brake?

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 12:35 Quote
jkphotoguy wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

rear, or both (dj bikes dont really need a front break)

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
jkphotoguy wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

rear, or both (dj bikes dont really need a front break)

ok thanks bro

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 13:28 Quote
I always ride 'death grip'. I find that it feels like I have better control with all my fingers on the bars. If I need to brake It's not difficult to move my finger.

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 17:24 Quote
Always 1 finger on my rear brake, Feels so bad if i ride death grip. Confused

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 18:55 Quote
i run my brakes super far down the bar so that i have to slide my one finger over a bit to pull them, so that i dont grab them by accident when i do a tuck no hander or something. i never touch them at all unless i need to stop

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 22:41 Quote
Death grip for djs. half and half for trails. one finger (or 2 for mech brakes) for DH. (since i sometimes DH my dj and i have a mech brake.)

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 13:44 Quote
1 finger over my brake, deathgrip feels so sketchy!!

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 13:50 Quote
One finger :d Just incase you don't need to suddenly stop, and your fumbling to press the leverMad

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 16:17 Quote
i ride with one finger on the brake lever just in case some kid comes around the corner, also when in the air you can tap your breaks real quick and your bike will lean forward for a steep landing. so i always ride with one finger on the brake

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 5:30 Quote
one on the brake unless im planning on doing a table, barspin or tuck no

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013483
Mobile Version of Website