how else are you spoosed to ride then?

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 10:28 Quote
joekickass14 wrote:
willashcroft wrote:
joekickass14 wrote:
whats death grip?
Hands on bars..
um its called death grip because if you are gonna hit something when you land your fingers are not on your brakes to stop you

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 10:35 Quote
jkphotoguy wrote:
joekickass14 wrote:
willashcroft wrote:

Hands on bars..
um its called death grip because if you are gonna hit something when you land your fingers are not on your brakes to stop you
oh well then i can say i ride death grip but have not done anything like that

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 11:05 Quote
willashcroft wrote:
joekickass14 wrote:
whats death grip?
Hands on bars..

Hands on the bars wrapped around, no fingers on the brake, just holding on for dear life, its called death grip because you often do it when you think you are going to die

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 11:15 Quote
Only right way is this;

Having the hands as far at the end as possible, touch the barends if you got them, and then 1 finger on the brake. Only right way. Done and done Razz

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 11:22 Quote
YetiSuperX wrote:
Only right way is this;

Having the hands as far at the end as possible, touch the barends if you got them, and then 1 finger on the brake. Only right way. Done and done Razz

If you haven't got barends then dont ride or you will die, seriously they saved my life yesterday and countless times before, also holding up against the flange is comfy too Razz

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 11:54 Quote
death grip just for tables

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 15:53 Quote
death grip unless you need to stop, not rocket science to slide a finger onto the brake lever

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 at 3:09 Quote
Strankyman wrote:
death grip unless you need to stop, not rocket science to slide a finger onto the brake lever

+1 When I ride DH I usually cover the brakes because I usually have to use them in between jumps to keep from launching off the mountain. But for DJs I'm not using my brakes at all unless I screw up so why bother holding on to them. When I need to hit the brake in the air I have no problem getting to it in time unless its a tiny jump. If I need to brake after the landing then there's more than enough time to grab it. If I feel sketchy coming off a roller and want to slow down so I can I jump off the bike before a lip the brake isn't really that useful on the back side of the roller anyway so the split second it takes to grab it isn't going to make a difference. I'm totally missing what the sketchy part of the "deathgrip" is.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013379
Mobile Version of Website