Good XC fork (white) which isn't Rock Shox?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Good XC fork (white) which isn't Rock Shox?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 16:35 Quote
I'm looking for a good fork for my girlfriend, she doesn't like Rockshox and DT Swiss and Fox are too high priced.

Can you list some XC forks which aren't Fox,Rock Shox or DT Swiss which are alos white (she's picky)

Thanks.

Kinetic.

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 5:22 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
I'm looking for a good fork for my girlfriend, she doesn't like Rockshox and DT Swiss and Fox are too high priced.

Can you list some XC forks which aren't Fox,Rock Shox or DT Swiss which are alos white (she's picky)

Thanks.

Kinetic.

well shes cancelled out most of the best forks, sooooo... you could get some manitou, marizochi bombers, magura have just brought out a new set with lockout? i would say that they are the best left? hope this helped?

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 5:51 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:

Thanks.

Kinetic.

Why?

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 6:13 Quote
I asked her and she has no reason, I think she like forks cosmetically and doesn't probably like the look of them, even though I've told her they're one of the best fork makers out there.

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 6:14 Quote
jam1275 wrote:
well shes cancelled out most of the best forks, sooooo... you could get some manitou, marizochi bombers, magura have just brought out a new set with lockout? i would say that they are the best left? hope this helped?

What model Marzocchi?

And what model Magura?

Cheers.

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 6:35 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
I asked her and she has no reason, I think she like forks cosmetically and doesn't probably like the look of them, even though I've told her they're one of the best fork makers out there.

Try getting a RS fork and putting a Marzocchi sticker on it! Lol.

Women Facepalm

Good luck Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 6:47 Quote
Yeah lol I don't understand how she can turn down RS SID or Reba!!!

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 11:53 Quote
MackemMark wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:

Try getting a RS fork and putting a Marzocchi sticker on it! Lol.

THAT. Repaint, new sticker, she'll never know

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 11:56 Quote
LOL, problem is buying it as she'' find out in the end....she's a woman remember! How many of you have gotten away with lying to your woman lol?

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 13:22 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
LOL, problem is buying it as she'' find out in the end....she's a woman remember! How many of you have gotten away with lying to your woman lol?

My girlfriend doesn't have a clue about different components. She like to ride with me because we get to spend time with each other and she want's to improve her riding skills. She trusts me, and I have my own little project with her bike where I do any upgrades and get the bits I think would be best for her. At the end of the day, yeah it's her bike, but she appreciates that I know what parts would suit her style of riding more than she does.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 14:00 Quote
MackemMark wrote:
My girlfriend doesn't have a clue about different components. She like to ride with me because we get to spend time with each other and she want's to improve her riding skills. She trusts me, and I have my own little project with her bike where I do any upgrades and get the bits I think would be best for her. At the end of the day, yeah it's her bike, but she appreciates that I know what parts would suit her style of riding more than she does.

Exactly! She's after some DT Swiss forks but I've heard things about them and they have been bad reviews or experiences, I think DT Swiss is an over priced brand for forks, Rock Shox SID Race are just as good (if not better) and £300 cheaper. She likes the Marzocchi 44 micro ti fork though so I might get her those.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 14:05 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
MackemMark wrote:

Exactly! She's after some DT Swiss forks but I've heard things about them and they have been bad reviews or experiences, I think DT Swiss is an over priced brand for forks, Rock Shox SID Race are just as good (if not better) and £300 cheaper. She likes the Marzocchi 44 micro ti fork though so I might get her those.

If she's being a brand/image whore (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way), tell her to buy her own parts, then she can't bitch and moan at you for not getting the right thing when it goes tits up. Alternatively, tell her if you're paying, you buy the parts and she can like it or lump it.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 14:19 Quote
Hahahaha! Yeah I know what you mean, I asked her why she doesn't like them and she can't answer, they're brilliant fork which barely need servicing, I'm paying but if she wants the Marzocchi it should be good.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
Yeah the 44's are pretty good. That criteria rules out pretty well all the best companies' offerings...I have been super impressed with Fox's 32 RLC, the F100 is also a really good fork, both come in white. Magura's are grossly overpriced and Marzocchi doesn't really have any XC offerings other than the 44, which is still a lot heavier than most others...good luck though!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011548
Mobile Version of Website