The machine shop thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The machine shop thread
Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 14:54 Quote
Pics came out a tad too big lol

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 15:09 Quote
BADASS!!! I want to cut a pair, but I work at a school, so it's hard to get away with it. Every student would want some...Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 22:23 Quote
They have been specifically made so they're too small to be used as an offensive weapon though!

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 1:40 Quote
Ohhh thats no fun!

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 12:50 Quote
little mod i did, chopped the "tail" off my ibeam post

you saw it here first. shortened i-beam post. 8g shaved looks improved.

Posted: Apr 1, 2013 at 17:42 Quote
Streamlined Concept

Started cutting... I think this will be much better. Starting to get a handle with Solidcam... many broken endmills laterMadder
New chain guide parts

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 1:10 Quote
Dayum that's pretty

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 7:10 Quote
tchach11 wrote:
Snip*[/PI]

Started cutting... I think this will be much better. Starting to get a handle with Solidcam... many broken endmills laterMadder
New chain guide parts

You will learn very fast what works, what doesn't and what you can get away with.

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 12:57 Quote
I tried cutting another part today and the cuts were shifting to the Y+ 7mm half way through the part for some reason. I thought maybe a belt slipped so I ran the part again, same thing. Ran the G-code again, same. No clue??? Going to re-spec the cuts I guess.

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 13:54 Quote
I know it's not exactly an answer, but could you not set up another work shift (g55, 56, 57 etc) with the same y, z and x (obviously minus the mystery 7mm) and call it up mid programme?

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 14:09 Quote
Wasn't there a guide like that on PB home that got a shit tone of hate?

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 14:11 Quote
sol-gh wrote:
Wasn't there a guide like that on PB home that got a shit tone of hate?

I think the one you're thinking of had an aluminum bash built in...

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 14:12 Quote
Aye might have been, its just that one reminded me of it I have no idea though lol

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 14:13 Quote
charge-rider wrote:
I know it's not exactly an answer, but could you not set up another work shift (g55, 56, 57 etc) with the same y, z and x (obviously minus the mystery 7mm) and call it up mid programme?

I thought of this, but I feel it's just going around the problem. I really want to figure it out. Maybe I mis-typed some setting... there are so damn manyEek

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 14:46 Quote
If you modified your programme after your first one then backtracking it is! Just don't overlook anything because it 'should' be right. Question the purpose of every digit Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017220
Mobile Version of Website