The machine shop thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The machine shop thread
Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 21:13 Quote
tchach11 wrote:
I tried cutting another part today and the cuts were shifting to the Y+ 7mm half way through the part for some reason. I thought maybe a belt slipped so I ran the part again, same thing. Ran the G-code again, same. No clue??? Going to re-spec the cuts I guess.

What kind of cam software do you use?

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 21:05 Quote
Sorry cant help ya. Don't try and ghetto fix it, find the problem fix it proper. God forbid it ever happens again, you'll know exactly what to do.

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 5:27 Quote
I started from scratch and re-CAMed the part. Seemed to work... I guess we'll just never know.

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 8:14 Quote
What size tool were you cutting with? Are all chains defined for the propper side of the geometry. You could check that cutter comp was on for all chains. Just a thought. Looks great though, keep at it!!

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 14:45 Quote
I started a stem the other day for my final project in metal shop. It still has a lot of work to go, but shouldn't be too hard. the only problem is the metal we had is a little small so im going have to use small bolts to clamp it Facepalm Maybe this one will be more for show. Here it is so far:

Progress of the new stem

Progress of the new stem

Progress of the new stem

Progress of the new stem

Progress of the new stem

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 15:10 Quote
You can still get away with M6 bolts.

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 15:13 Quote
My NS quark uses some tiny little bolts, so I think you'll be fine, providing its a good fit on the steer tube/the gap between stem and front plate isn't too big. Looks very promising so far, buddy!

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 15:28 Quote
Yeah, it should still work. The holes for the steerer and bar are perfect fits. I still have a ton of work left on it!

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 16:04 Quote
CNC'd some cups for my headset press. Also added a bearing. The handles and threaded rod are Wheels MFG... I put together everything else.
Headset Press
Headset Press
Headset Press

Posted: May 29, 2013 at 1:33 Quote
Thats sweet, I made a really ghetto one with loads of spacers and random stuff lol, it works though.. haha

Posted: May 29, 2013 at 3:34 Quote
Mines made from 2 blocks of wood threaded bar, couple nuts and washers.

Posted: May 29, 2013 at 4:11 Quote
I was using wood blocks for a while. It's funny how many solutions there are and how much Park charges for theirs... though it is very nice.

Posted: May 29, 2013 at 4:19 Quote
thinking of tacking a couple of pieces of metal rod to the nuts on mine, so I don't have to use a spanner.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018212
Mobile Version of Website