Bromont 2011

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Bromont 2011
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 14:39 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
voltagerider wrote:

I found the berms really good though!!
Well, can't wait to ride instead of building trails. Time to rip Bromont for 15 plus runs. :Cool :

Well, I would love to build a trail at bromont!
Not me but I do build elsewhere across the province for a living.

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:11 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
voltagerider wrote:

I found the berms really good though!!
Well, can't wait to ride instead of building trails. Time to rip Bromont for 15 plus runs. :Cool :

Well, I would love to build a trail at bromont!

id like something new and technical.. enough with the big wide jumpy stuff

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 at 21:31 Quote
yeah enough of this kind of trail since every1 go in it and do brake bums everywhere and then its not even fun to ride.

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 at 21:51 Quote
hardyk wrote:
yeah enough of this kind of trail since every1 go in it and do brake bums everywhere and then its not even fun to ride.

exactly! you need the hard stuff to sort out those who can ride from the noobs

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 at 21:56 Quote
jon-15 wrote:
hardyk wrote:

amen to that I don't even do the 7 because of that, my hand and forearms just burn after a run...
I only take it to do star wars. I can ride the others all day.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 8:32 Quote
hardyk wrote:

Seems every trail they build is just tight berms, this #57 was done all wrong with the berms at an 18ft radius when they where supposed to be done 24ft minimum to prevent drifting. I rode it yesterday 4 times and every time I rode it mistakes and bad conception popped up. The berms won't last the season, first day officially open and already their starting to break loose and no that's not brake pumps. The reason holes appear in berms is usually soft spots. The bridge, done all wrong and the structure itself begs to be questioned as well the start of it is full of kinks. They built a dirt jump instead of a table top or gap between two berms.

I'm not saying I'm the best at building, much better people out there but my specialty is wood work (Northshore style) and I got pretty darn good at sculpting berms with excavators including in pump tracks as well dirt jump parks.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 8:34 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
jon-15 wrote:
hardyk wrote:

amen to that I don't even do the 7 because of that, my hand and forearms just burn after a run...
I actually like the #7 non stop top to bottom, I absolutely feel nothing on my bike.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 10:09 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:
jon-15 wrote:

I actually like the #7 non stop top to bottom, I absolutely feel nothing on my bike.

Damn your lucky...last time i went, i rode the 7 a couple of time and after 4-5 runs, i had so much pain in my left wrist and fingers that i went home and i havnt riden scince.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 10:18 Quote
nightflame159 wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
wtt-tmr wrote:

Damn your lucky...last time i went, i rode the 7 a couple of time and after 4-5 runs, i had so much pain in my left wrist and fingers that i went home and i havnt riden scince.
I'm really happy with my Turner dhr, the rear suspension just eats up everything and pretty much the same with my fox40 up front. I have the wrong oil in the fork 10wt instead of 7.5wt and makes a huge difference how it compresses. Only oil I had or could get locally this spring but that will be fixed this week. Even MSA their Vietnam trail which is all full of holes I was floating through. The secret is to ride even faster if your getting knock around, eventually the faster you go your just flying over the bumps. Razz

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 13:25 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
hardyk wrote:

Seems every trail they build is just tight berms, this #57 was done all wrong with the berms at an 18ft radius when they where supposed to be done 24ft minimum to prevent drifting. I rode it yesterday 4 times and every time I rode it mistakes and bad conception popped up. The berms won't last the season, first day officially open and already their starting to break loose and no that's not brake pumps. The reason holes appear in berms is usually soft spots. The bridge, done all wrong and the structure itself begs to be questioned as well the start of it is full of kinks. They built a dirt jump instead of a table top or gap between two berms.

I'm not saying I'm the best at building, much better people out there but my specialty is wood work (Northshore style) and I got pretty darn good at sculpting berms with excavators including in pump tracks as well dirt jump parks.

Whats wrong with that??

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 13:38 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
hardyk wrote:

Whats wrong with that??
I guess because people wont rolle on them so the lip will stay nicer longer then a table that an average joe might roll it and undo the lip

TBH I jump before the lip so I don't mind that much

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 13:45 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
nightflame159 wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

I'm really happy with my Turner dhr, the rear suspension just eats up everything and pretty much the same with my fox40 up front. I have the wrong oil in the fork 10wt instead of 7.5wt and makes a huge difference how it compresses. Only oil I had or could get locally this spring but that will be fixed this week. Even MSA their Vietnam trail which is all full of holes I was floating through. The secret is to ride even faster if your getting knock around, eventually the faster you go your just flying over the bumps. Razz
it's true that if you go faster its less hard but I usually take outside line that are less bumpy but some parts of it is inevitable and you're stuck rolling in the bomb hole at fairly high speeds, I usually manual a coule of these but you always get rocked by some.

I also reckon that I hold my grips fairly tight bt is not the biggest part of the problem. Brakebumps (bombholes) in the middle of berms are killers...

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 15:20 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
hardyk wrote:

Whats wrong with that??
By the time you have speed to go big on that one theirs a little table top next up close and you end up with too much speed. We had a few guys test run them that are good at jumping and yep they went way over on the second one.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 15:22 Quote
wtt-tmr wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
nightflame159 wrote:

it's true that if you go faster its less hard but I usually take outside line that are less bumpy but some parts of it is inevitable and you're stuck rolling in the bomb hole at fairly high speeds, I usually manual a coule of these but you always get rocked by some.

I also reckon that I hold my grips fairly tight bt is not the biggest part of the problem. Brakebumps (bombholes) in the middle of berms are killers...

I don't feel them and the Turner is too plush on the rear to manual it, all my other bikes I use to wheely anywhere but not the turner.

Posted: Aug 14, 2011 at 15:22 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
voltagerider wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

Whats wrong with that??
By the time you have speed to go big on that one theirs a little table top next up close and you end up with too much speed. We had a few guys test run them that are good at jumping and yep they went way over on the second one.

oh ok gotcha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013903
Mobile Version of Website